Jess's Training/Progress Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jess's Training/Progress Journal

Today I started my nutrition program as prescribed by Skip. I have always been an avid runner and truly enjoyed half marathons and 10 mile races. At the encouragement of my fiancé, I started to lift and get out of my comfort zone. I started CrossFit in March.

I never thought I would enjoy lifting so much but I am looking forward to getting stronger and leaner.

Training 7/1/13

Warm up: quarter mile run, 2-3 minutes jump rope, 20 air squats, 20 push ups, 20 sit ups

prior to the WOD - power clean strength work, I worked up to 3 reps @ 95lbs.
    WOD: 6 rounds - 5 power cleans @75lbs, 10 toes to bar for time
    Time: 9:38

Cool down - two minutes on the aerodyne

Originally posted by Jess K View Post
    Today I started my nutrition program as prescribed by Skip. I have always been an avid runner and truly enjoyed half marathons and 10 mile races. At the encouragement of my fiancé, I started to lift and get out of my comfort zone. I started CrossFit in March.

I never thought I would enjoy lifting so much but I am looking forward to getting stronger and leaner.

Training 7/1/13

Warm up: quarter mile run, 2-3 minutes jump rope, 20 air squats, 20 push ups, 20 sit ups

prior to the WOD - power clean strength work, I worked up to 3 reps @ 95lbs.
    WOD: 6 rounds - 5 power cleans @75lbs, 10 toes to bar for time
    Time: 9:38

Cool down - two minutes on the aerodyne
    I had to learn all the exercises and definitions for crossfit. Its a fun challenge good luck

Comment

Your fiance is obviously as brilliant as he is good looking.
      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

and totally over-achieved in the gf/wife department:whoo:
        '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
        17 AAU Super Total
        '16-AAU Hi
        '15-USPA Metro
        '15-USPA State
        '15-AAU HI
        '14-AAU HI
        '14-USPA Metro
        '14-WABDL Sonny's
        '14-USPA State
        '14-HI Strongman
        '13-USPA
        '13-WABDL Sonny's
        '13-USPA State
        '13-AAU HI
        '11-USPA Metro
        '10-NPC Stingrey
        '09-NPC Islands
        '09-NPC Stingrey
        '09-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA IronWorks
        '01-NPC Paradise Cup
        '01-ABA Olympia
        '01-ABA Islands
        '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
        '00-INBF Musclefest
        '98-NGA Ill
        '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

I hear he secretly wants to be a cop..

But, awesome work on the cleans. I am way too uncoordinated for those.
          2005 HOA Natural Classic
          2006 OCB Midwest
          2007 ABA Natural Illinois
          2008 HOA Natural Classic
          NPC Mid-Illinois
          NPC Midwest Open
          NPC Natural Grand Prix
          2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
          USPA Illinois State
          NGA Heart of America
          NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Welcome, and good luck in achieving your goals!

Nice to have another couple here

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
            2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
            2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
            2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
            2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Jess, Moco and his fiancé Rco both just competed and kicked ass. Skip has a thread up with their pics. We have some catching up to do on the IM Couples Physique competition!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                Jess, Moco and his fiancé Rco both just competed and kicked ass. Skip has a thread up with their pics. We have some catching up to do on the IM Couples Physique competition!
                That's awesome! I definitely have a lot of work to do.

Training 7/3 6:00 am - Bodyweight Wednesday at my box.
                Wednesday workouts are designed around using your own body weight as resistance. Usually high reps and cardio are incorporated.

15 min AMRAP
                10 burpees
                20 mountain climbers
                10 pull ups

I completed 8 rounds in just over the 15 minute time cap at 15:11. I still use a band for assistance with my pull ups. I am not yet strong enough to do multiple dead hang pull ups with out assistance. That is one of my goals, one day I'll be able to string together some muscle ups.

2 minute cool down on the aerodyne followed by 50 - 20lbs ball slams

Looking forward to this month. The Crossfit Games start July 22 two days after my amateur competition.

On Memorial Day we did a workout in honor of Lt. Michael Murphy, Medal of Honor Recipient. Memorial Day Murph is named after this hero and consists of: 1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push ups, 300 squats, 1 mile run (20 lb weighted vest optional). I completed this workout in under 45 minutes but I did stop to dry heave. To date, this work out was the hardest workout I have ever done.

To celebrate July 4, tomorrow we will be doing "Fight Gone Bad"
                3 Rounds of :
                Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (1 minute AMRAP)
                Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (1 minute AMRAP)
                Box Jump, 20" box (1 minute AMRAP)
                Push-press, 75 pounds (1 minute AMRAP)
                Row (1 minute AMRAP)
                (1 minute rest, then repeat)

Gonna give murph a run for the money.

Comment

These are some seriously intense workouts. ...I see you workout dawn patrol do you rely on any supps to get you through??
                  '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                  17 AAU Super Total
                  '16-AAU Hi
                  '15-USPA Metro
                  '15-USPA State
                  '15-AAU HI
                  '14-AAU HI
                  '14-USPA Metro
                  '14-WABDL Sonny's
                  '14-USPA State
                  '14-HI Strongman
                  '13-USPA
                  '13-WABDL Sonny's
                  '13-USPA State
                  '13-AAU HI
                  '11-USPA Metro
                  '10-NPC Stingrey
                  '09-NPC Islands
                  '09-NPC Stingrey
                  '09-ABA Islands
                  '02-ABA Islands
                  '02-ABA IronWorks
                  '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                  '01-ABA Olympia
                  '01-ABA Islands
                  '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                  '00-INBF Musclefest
                  '98-NGA Ill
                  '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
                    These are some seriously intense workouts. ...I see you workout dawn patrol do you rely on any supps to get you through??
                    I only train with the EAA's.. I don't regularly work out in the early morning due to scheduling conflicts but I definitely prefer it.

Do you typically train in the AM?

Comment

Yesterday's training- the fight gone bad was brutal. A minute seems like nothing until you are wishing it was over.

Each exercise :1 minute AMRAP
                      Round 1
                      Row(cal) -18
                      Push Press 55lbs -15
                      Box jump- 14
                      SDLHP 55lbs- 12
                      Wall ball- 18
                      1 min rest

Round 2
                      Row(cal) -13
                      Push Press 55lbs -12
                      Box jump- 11
                      SDLHP 55lbs- 10
                      Wall ball- 15
                      1 min rest

Round 3
                      Row(cal) -9
                      Push Press 55lbs -12
                      Box jump- 14
                      SDLHP 55lbs- 11
                      Wall ball- 15
                      1 min rest

I was not thrilled with the numbers I put up in rounds 2/3, but it was the first time I've done this particular workout so I'm proud that I finished strong.

Comment

What kind of row was that? That looked pretty brutal. I have a PDF with all the wood's and the ones named after soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
                          What kind of row was that? That looked pretty brutal. I have a PDF with all the wood's and the ones named after soldiers.
                          We measured the row in calories instead of meters for that exercise. I think it's awesome how they name the WOD's too. If they aren't named after here's they are named after women because according to the founder, Greg Glassman, Workouts that hurt you and put you on your back should be named after women i.e. Fran, Jackie, Helen.

Training 7/5

Warm up:
                          I PR my 500 meter row at 2:00 on the nose. 6 seconds less than my previous PR.

Jump rope 3 minutes. i tried to complete a few double unders but ended up slashing my shins. Followed by squats, push-ups and sit ups.

WOD:
                          5 rounds
                          10 hang cleans @ 75lbs
                          20 - 20lbs ball slams
                          1 lap with the prowler increasing weight each time until reaching your body weight. 1 lap is a little less than 200 meters.

The prowler/sled is always brutal but in 90 degree heat it was certainly difficult. I'm lucky to have a good coach that is right there with me to challenge me and keep me pushing harder.

Comment

I didn't know that was the reason for the female names of the workouts. Interesting.

Train hard or come home and I'll have Kato bite you. STELLEN!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                              I didn't know that was the reason for the female names of the workouts. Interesting.

Train hard or come home and I'll have Kato bite you. STELLEN!!
                              If I didn't train hard, I wouldn't be able to look Kato in the eye. I can't disappoint him.

Training 7/6

Mini competition at the box with a partner sprint exercise.

5 rounds of a 3 minute AMRAP
                              100 meter row
                              5 hand release push ups
                              8 box jumps
                              3 minute rest

1st group lined up on the rower and needed to compete as many rounds as possible within the three minute time cap. While you we're working your partner was charged with setting up the row for easy transition and to keep you moving faster. 6 partner teams.

The goal is to complete 3 cycles in each of the 3 minute sets. I was doing everything I could to beat the chick next me and Joe Crossfit to my left. We were competing against each other but he kept taking time out of his set to help me in my row transition. A couple times he tightened my foot straps.

My 4th round I was on my 3rd set of box jumps and missed with my left foot and tore up my shin on the way down. It was one of those cuts where you see the blood start to bubble and you knew it was gonna be a gusher. I called to my brother to find me a bandaid but that chick was not going to finish her box jumps before me. I kept going to finish with her.

The 10 am class came in as we were finishing our fourth and fifth rounds. It was awesome to have an audience start to cheer our names. Great way to end this week's training.

Comment

Working...
                              X