The Push: Shank's Get Big or Die Trying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Push: Shank's Get Big or Die Trying

So, after training with Skip on my show prep. I went from a sloppy 175 to a solid 173 stepping on stage. The pictures are still coming should be in a week or so.
    This isn't going to be about that. After dieting and losing body fat you find out what you don't have and what you should improve on.

This is going to be my story;
    I'm going to express my weekly life with everyone. how a military guy lives his life and my quest to getting "big". This won't be pretty and there will be rants
    I'm going to give updates weekly when I report in with Skip and post progress pictures randomly

I love lifting heavy, so this is going to be fun seeing my body change from boy to beast. My metabolism responds wonderfully with everything I put it up against. So, putting on lean mass shouldn't be a problem for me. In fact when I ask Skip ballpark guesstimates on what a final product might be, he resounds with a big ass smile and says this is going to be exciting. Am I excited? Hell yeah!!

Monday June 10, 2013. 9:45pm Japan time
    Start of week 1
    Hope you all enjoy

Bedtime

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370868003.570272.jpg
    I have found iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me. It never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength, Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, its impossible to turn back, the iron never lies to you.

The Push: Week 1 complete!

As I returned to the gym this week after taking a quick relaxfull / food gorging week off, I hit the weight room running.

Every lift that I completed, every rep that was contracted, every pound that demolished was for a purpose. The purpose is to be better than myself the day before. As my quest for size starts I'm completely focused and there's no turning back.
    My poundage on the workouts are starting to go up again (duh!) carbs will do amazing things! And it feels amazing. Much like Arnold's analogy for the "pump" equal to c*mming. Oh the stuff he has said.

A week or so before my competition I had to go on a semi keto type diet as I was still holding body fat. This made my workouts absolutely horrid. I was expecting this outcome so it didn't bother me too much.. I still had a sense in killing the weights time in and time out.

My meals are going down pretty smoothly,as Skip was completely right. My metabolism handled it just fine. Carbs are being introduced again . I did break last Tuesday as a stuffed crust pizza, meat lovers of course, was calling my name. Before that..... It was McDonald's ugh! 15 mcnuggets and a double quarter with cheese (this will throw skip for a loop ) and you guessed it..... DIET COKE!

So with the weekly check in this Sunday, I'm sure my weight is going to be high. Not even reaching my baseline. Hey, but I'm not gonna hide it jack, shit happens. This will be the only time this will happen. I felt like shit and could NOT get any of my meals down the next day..... The effects of fats are true. Lol! As soon as the meals cleared the system my metabolism was game on again.

Nothing to exciting has been happening at work...another non eventful week.

I did find out that I might be separating the military even sooner than I thought. With my 43 days of terminal leave ill be a civilian again either September 19 or October 18... Sorry, Tonya another missed birthday ...
    But I'm super stoked about separating! As my parents always taught me, leave no stones unturned and make every challenge a window of opportunity. This is my time to take the chance, try something new, have a new beginning.

My ole man has been setting me up with a job as a county sheriff, in the county I grew up in. Pretty neat I think.

My better half, Taylor, is doing extremely well in her prep and she's more motivated than ever. She's going through a prep with skip as well. Skips getting her super sexified for me. ha! As she was already though
    We've turned this into a relationship thing lol. Prepping and dieting. As she said she already wants to do another show. She's got the heart if a lion, an already wants to improve and become the best she can be at it. Improving year after year.
    As, for me I got BIG plans.. Getting more mass of course, offseason training.

Me and my lifting partner, Torrence, has made a visual observation that in the near future Torii Gym is gonna have to order more weight. as we are wrecking it!
    (Big head moment)

Weekly motivation for u all and his happens to be one of my favorite speeches:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5fsm-QbN9r8. Part 1
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ftN1xPXFDzI. Part 2

Watch them they're for every day successes and will motivate through all life problems!

I'm out. As its bed time here in Japland.
    I have found iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me. It never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength, Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, its impossible to turn back, the iron never lies to you.

Comment

''I went from a sloppy 175 to a solid 173 stepping on stage'' Are those numbers correct? Good luck with your off season work.
      "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
      2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
      2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
      2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
      2002 NPC Western Carolina:
      2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
        ''I went from a sloppy 175 to a solid 173 stepping on stage'' Are those numbers correct? Good luck with your off season work.
        Yeah actually they are. From week in to week out I would always hit baseline. Only dropping below the 170 mark maybe twice at 169.. Ill get some pictures up before too long

With me never really dropping below baseline and the changes that I made to my physique has got me really excited about this offseason training... Big numbers should be thrown up.
        Some very good progress pictures are to be made if everything works like it should

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371136944.983027.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371136963.699327.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371136980.611795.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371136995.584863.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371137008.726471.jpg

Just glimpsed through the check in templates with skip. And I fluxed only a few lbs from week to week.

Comment

The Push: Shank's Get Big or Die Trying

Well it's been a few days since I've made an update.

27 June 2013

Training is going quite well and I'm making some really good headway in week 2 of off season training. My numbers are climbing and calories are staying pretty consistent for now. Cant wait until I can pack some more in. I do want to stay somewhat leaner through the offseason, still maintain the appealing look.
            Legs were a weak point for me. With struggling with meniscus problems early in my training years has left to many skipped leg days (yup I said it). But, the last 2 or so years I have banged out some decent sets of squats, they are finally taken shape. They are now becoming a priority and hitting them even harder, and are becoming my favorite body part to work.

Tomorrow I will start to cycle off of my chain work. Boy does it feel good to lift heavier again. Nothing too impressive just yet, but the numbers are coming like I was saying. Hell 3 weeks after the show I'm pretty satisfied. I'm making every emphasis to feel every rep, every squeeze. I'm taking my time in the gym making everything count.

My replacement has came Into my position. Pretty happy about this and he's already started taking over the reigns.. Now I'm waiting for my time to come! I cannot wait leave this island/unit/military.. Shit I think that's the biggest distraction I have right now is the excitement I have to get back home to my family and friends. I cannot wait to see my boy and hang out with my very best friends, my mother, father, sister, and brother. I'm excited to get back to build a really strong relationship with my brother. I've been in the military most of his life, and coming home it would be so hectic to spend any quality time with anyone. I always had things I wanted to get done. People always wanted to see me, lol and getting tied up with the drama of the friends is always on the list.

I had my phone interview with Greg from the sheriffs department. The conversation went very well actually. We talked for more than an hour. That might be more time I can talk to my parents or girlfriend 0_o. I was actually more nervous having this conversation than I was stepping on stage for my very first time. I figured the conversation would go along the lines of being asked questions to sell myself to him, but it wasn't that. In fact, he told me what I should expect once I got hired. The processes I would go through and amount of time It would take me to get commissioned. He informed me on what qualities I should posses and how my persona should be. Things are looking pretty good actually. Does that sound like I got the job to you?

Here's an updated photo
            A back relaxed Wednesday morning still pretty lean and starting to growImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372337627.646696.jpg

This is my pride and joy. I show this picture off a lot it's one of my favoritesImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372337705.595793.jpg
            Last edited by ShankS; 06-27-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Addition:

Me and some guys from work have been spear fishing a lot lately and are going to keep kitting the waters to find bigger fish. The waters have been pretty choppy lately and some heavy currents in the china sea. We have to be careful not to be pulled away. We're looking for new spots all over this island. Bring on the great white ill be able to handle it.

Last refeed I set an all time high of crushing some sushi/sashimi. I had 25 plates of the raw goodness. That a total of 50 pcs. Pretty impressive for me.

Comment

here are some quick clips from the workout on friday

Back and Curls for the girls...well only one girl.

Repping TEAM SKIP and INTENSE MUSCLE!
                Last edited by ShankS; 06-29-2013, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I cant figure out how to post the actual videos....heres what I got.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...56306149548225

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...68795143105247

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...07147856917433

Comment

UPDATE July 7th 2013

Hey ladies and gents.
                    Weight was up a little this week. Im sitting at 181lbs and still climbing. looked a little soft this morning, so the sushi will stop as my post workout meal. Gotta keep my body fat in control, so i can see how i'm progressing.

The working out was really good this last week. As Kotch and I continually destroy Torii gym. waiting on JTs return.

Im getting closer and closer to needing a cruise week. my joints are starting to ache more and more as I lift heavier and heavier. I started my next blast week a little early (saturday) as I will be headed to Australia towards the end of the week. Saturday I started with chest, shoulders, tries; My push day. as I progress in my later blast weeks Im finding that my body isnt liking the heavier weight so ill be backing it down some. Got some really good pumps and a very solid workout doing it this saturday. It doesn't concern me too much that I dropped poundage. ill finish this week off motivated and strong and take the first week in Australia as my cruise week.
                    Im going to try and find a gym down there and TRY to stick to my meal plans. Not really sure how it'll pan out. Last time I was down there we could only eat at the chow hall at certain times and getting there was a bitch. This time were going somewhere else and I have a different roll when I go maybe itll be more accessible.
                    THIS WILL BE MY LAST TDY!!! in the military.

Got some good news about separating the military, but ill keep that one a secret
                    I sent the first sergeant an email about applying for the PETS program, its a earlier release of active duty if you're wanting to gain a higher education. Well see how that goes as I didn't receive a response before I left for the week.

It was the week of the 4th of July.
                    the whole time I've been here in Japan my most favorite holidays don't see to be very exciting anymore. Most of the time I'm working or theres a japanese twist on everything. ugh, the things you gotta deal with.
                    Friday some guys from work we all rented a charter and went deep sea fishing. This was my first time and will defiantly be going again. As we start out to sea, it became puke rally for some of us. He claimed it was food poisoning, but he went out the night before got a little tore up. He couldnt handle the waters. Fishing was good. Jigging was very slow only had 3 tuna and a Bonito hit off the side of the boat. We had our most luck trolling and it seemed to be the most fun. The biggest catch of the day was a 3.5 foot mahi. we got some pretty good slabs of meat off it it. Final count of the day 13 fish some nice size yellow fin tuna the mahi and a couple bonito. Ill know where ill be getting my protein from these next weeks when I return.
                    Kotch his girlfriend and I went out to Torii to watch the fireworks and some Japanese band play some classic rock:hippie::lalala::puke: everyone has seen the movie xmas vacation and thats all you heard coming out of the speakers. It was a fairly good display of pyro. that ended the festives of the 4th.

Pretty good week to tie into my last trip.
                    more to come and this quest will never end.

Comment

UPDATE JULY 23 2014

Wow it has been a long time since I have been in this journal

Hell where do I start.
                      I guess a year ago I was around 180 lbs now I've pushed myself to a solid 203-204lbs. I'm still working with the man, Skip. I have grown a ton since a year ago. Very very happy with my progress thus far.

Now for the truth: since hitting the 200 mark and it was a b**** to get there, not really just a ton! of food the progress has slowed down. It's due to my job and I'm growing anxiety over it. My work schedule is so unbelievably unknown that I can't plan for anything that goes on and it's messing with my food timing. Some days I get my meals in other I might hit one meal, it really frustrates me and it's causing me to stress over it. We all know what the stress does to us.
                      I don't at all hate my job but I love body building entirely way more than law enforcement. I'm stressing because I'm not progressing like I was before I started. I've got too much put into BB and I've come a long way to slow down or quite and by god I'm never gonna do that. I dunno what to do. Skip and I have been hoping for the 205 mark for a couple weeks now and I can't reach it. I blast the gym and numbers are climbing, I just can't get the meals in. I am looking for a new job something that the schedule is more set and I'm off on weekends kinda thing. I actually don't really care what I do as long as I can compliment it with BB. Everything I do is focused around BB. I get up outta bed and think about my workout, how I can improve my physique, I pose all the time working different angles which shows the best me. Then work comes and throws everything off. I don't have a connection with the weights/muscles everything feels heavy and can't get into a good rhythm. When I have a shitty workout it upsets me and I fell like I'm loosing time.
                      Any suggestions?

On a good note. Taylor comes home tomorrow. We've been away from each other for quite sometime over a year. She's getting stationed stateside so well be able to see each other quite often which makes me very happy.

That's all I got for now. I. Going to update this more often maybe writing stuff down will help ease the stress and I'll be back to eating like a lion and training like a beast (corny line I had to throw in there

Comment

Working...
                      X