Training Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Part Deux

Last journal was getting all over the place. Decided to start a new one with a better focus. The last month has been really wonderful for my wife and I. Working out with her was fun (and challenging) to say the least. I have helped her on her way, and while it really kinda sucked lifting wise for me, it was a good experience. I am now ready to get back into the swing of things again.

Big change again will be getting up at 5. I rather enjoyed waking up at 6:30 instead lol. Either way, I wasn't slacking I was just lifting light with a lot of reps. Ready to get back at it. Starting up the workout I had gotten from Trucelt.

I will continue with the light SS cardio on off days (not all of them, I will be heeding ADams advice about not going all the time, since it probably was what caused me to continue with the starting and quitting. Happy to say I didn't quit this time!), either in the gym or bike riding with my daughter. Had a great ride with her today...ugh, my butt AND legs are already sore lol

Week One
    Day One

Squats: 5 sets of 8 reps
    Incline Bench Presses: 5 sets of 8 reps
    Wide Grip Rack Chins: 5 sets of 8 reps
    Barbell Curls supersetted w/ Dips: 5 sets of 10 reps (each exercise)
    Incline Sit-Ups: 5 sets of 15 reps

Day Two

Sumo Deadlifts: 5 sets of 6 reps
    Standing Dumbbell Presses: 5 sets of 8 reps
    Dumbbell Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps (each arm)
    Skullcrushers: 4 sets of 10 reps

Day Three

Squats: 5 sets of 8 reps
    Dumbbell Bench Presses: 5 sets of 8 reps
    1 Arm Bent-Over Rows: 5 sets of 8 reps
    Preacher Curls supersetted w/ Pulldowns: 5 sets of 10 reps (each exercise)

Week Two
    Day One

Squats: 6 sets of 8 reps
    Incline Bench Presses: 6 sets of 8 reps
    Wide Grip Rack Chins: 6 sets of 8 reps
    Barbell Curls supersetted w/ Dips: 6 sets of 10 reps (each exercise)
    Incline Sit-Ups: 5 sets of 20 reps

Day Two

Sumo Deadlifts: 6 sets of 6 reps
    Standing Dumbbell Presses: 6 sets of 8 reps
    Dumbbell Curls: 6 sets of 10 reps (each arm)
    Skullcrushers: 6 sets of 10 reps

Day Three

Squats: 6 sets of 8 reps
    Dumbbell Bench Presses: 6 sets of 8 reps
    Bent-Over Rows: 6 sets of 8 reps
    Preacher Curls supersetted w/ Pulldowns: 6 sets of 10 reps (each exercise)

Week Three
    Day One

Squats: 8 sets of 8 reps
    Incline Bench Presses: 8 sets of 8 reps
    Wide Grip Rack Chins: 6 sets of 10 reps
    Barbell Curls supersetted w/ Dips: 8 sets of 10 reps (each exercise)
    Incline Sit-Ups: 5 sets of 25 reps

Day Two

Sumo Deadlifts: 8 sets of 6 reps
    Standing Dumbbell Presses: 8 sets of 8 reps
    Dumbbell Curls: 8 sets of 10 reps (each arm)
    Skullcrushers: 8 sets of 10 reps

Day Three

Squats: 8 sets of 8 reps
    Dumbbell Bench Presses: 8 sets of 10 reps
    Bent-Over Rows: 8 sets of 10 reps
    Preacher Curls supersetted w/ Pulldowns: 8 sets of 12 reps (each exercise)

Week Four

Day One

Squats: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Incline Bench Presses: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Wide Grip Rack Chins: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Barbell Curls supersetted w/ Dips: 2 sets of 10 reps (each exercise)
    Incline Sit-Ups: 2 sets of 15 reps

Day Two

Sumo Deadlifts: 2 sets of 6 reps
    Standing Dumbbell Presses: 2 sets of 8 reps
    Dumbbell Curls: 2 sets of 10 reps (each arm)
    Skullcrushers: 2 sets of 10 reps

Day Three

Squats: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Dumbbell Bench Presses: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Bent-Over Rows: 3 sets of 8 reps
    Preacher Curls supersetted w/ Pulldowns: 2 sets of 10 reps (each exercise)

Tips

· Train three non-consecutive days each week. The most popular days would be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

· All sets listed are “work” sets, done in a “straight” set fashion. In other words, for all of your work sets, you will use the same weight on each set. Perform one or two warm-up sets on each exercise before any work sets are performed, however.

· Only the last set or two of each exercise should approach “muscular failure.”

· When in doubt, use less weight not more.

· Rest two to three minutes between sets.

· The program is designed so that each week builds upon the previous one. This entails that you DO NOT miss a training session.

· The last week is your “back off” week.
    Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
    BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

I have to set myself some goals. First off is healthy eating, to a healthy weight. Yeah, I'm fat again. I am hoping to utilize this workout along with my proper nutrition to get down to about 250. I play slopitch in the summer (but I am more coaching this year than playing)> I want to get rid of this fat I put on every winter.

2nd goal is to maintain the working out. I realize I am not a bodybuilder like most of you (or powerlifter or strongman.) I just love working out, and I probably think about stuff too much, and just give up. Story of my life. For me its a constant struggle. But, I have been going since before xmas now, and I am not getting out of it. Yes, I haven't posted in almost a month, but I have been busy and exercising. (that was kinda boring, but necessary)

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Comment

awesome news...competing in two weeks (state PL meet and will be going 181!!) but i am looking forward to some full-body workouts in the near future.

BTW for that program i started with 3 sets and worked up to either 6 or 7 work sets..i never got to the 8 sets he prescribes, i can tell you this getting 6 or 7 sets w/the same weight for the same reps is alot harder than it sounds..the frist 2-3 sets are pretty damn easier bu that sh*t catches up esp if you time yoru rests.
      '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
      17 AAU Super Total
      '16-AAU Hi
      '15-USPA Metro
      '15-USPA State
      '15-AAU HI
      '14-AAU HI
      '14-USPA Metro
      '14-WABDL Sonny's
      '14-USPA State
      '14-HI Strongman
      '13-USPA
      '13-WABDL Sonny's
      '13-USPA State
      '13-AAU HI
      '11-USPA Metro
      '10-NPC Stingrey
      '09-NPC Islands
      '09-NPC Stingrey
      '09-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA IronWorks
      '01-NPC Paradise Cup
      '01-ABA Olympia
      '01-ABA Islands
      '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
      '00-INBF Musclefest
      '98-NGA Ill
      '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
        awesome news...competing in two weeks (state PL meet and will be going 181!!) but i am looking forward to some full-body workouts in the near future.

BTW for that program i started with 3 sets and worked up to either 6 or 7 work sets..i never got to the 8 sets he prescribes, i can tell you this getting 6 or 7 sets w/the same weight for the same reps is alot harder than it sounds..the frist 2-3 sets are pretty damn easier bu that sh*t catches up esp if you time yoru rests.
        Oh yes, I was going to do 4 sets for the first 2 weeks like you had recommended last time and also probably goto 6 sets, just keep upping the weight each week, rather than attempt to get through that many sets.

I am actually excited about seeing my weight tomorrow morning. I am hopign to be sub 275

GL on your meet I'll be cheering

Comment

Going from your avatar, your daughter has better taste in exercise selection than the majority of this board!
          PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
            Going from your avatar, your daughter has better taste in exercise selection than the majority of this board!
            Hi RedSkull! Haha! Thanks She likes lifting Took her on a 90 min bike ride yesterday. I was so surprised that she was able to go so long! (I was surprised that I was too! My butt and legs are sore today!)

Week One
            Day One

Squats: 3 sets of 8 reps - 225
            Incline Bench Presses: 3 sets of 8 reps - 135
            Wide Grip Rack Chins: 3 sets of 8 reps - BW
            Barbell Curls supersetted w/ Dip Machine: 3 sets of 10 reps (each exercise)
            Curls - [email protected]
            Dip Machine [email protected]
            Incline Sit-Ups: 5 sets of 15 reps - I am doing my abs tonight at the pool while Hannah is swimming and I am going to walk there for 30 min around the pool. Nice easy pace to help get the soreness out of my legs.

I have to say that while I haven't been sedentary over the past month, this was my first sustained workout and it shows! Kicked my ass, but in a good way. I need a nap!

Comment

Did my abs last night, but didn't walk at the pool as I didn't go. Got home from work and my wife said she would take hannah Yay

Cardio on the elliptical this morning 55 min and did some stretching and foam rolling.

Comment

Week 1 Day Two

Sumo Deadlifts: 3 sets of 6 reps @275
                Standing Dumbbell Presses: 3 sets of 10 reps @ 45
                Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps (each arm) @35
                Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 10 reps @60
                Incline Sit-Ups: 5 sets of 15 reps - Will do these tonight at the pool with some stretching.

Had a great workout. Went very fast. Had to be out by 6:15 am to be able to hit the grocery store, buy food, cook it for lunch, and get to work by 7:30. Done my workout by 6:05...35 min went fast, sweating a bunch, heart was racing the entire time, and felt exhausted but good.

Next week I will keep my weights the same, but up the sets and/or reps.

Comment

Who's quote is that in your sig about what you can change and can't change?

Wow lol.
                  Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post

Wow lol.
                    Trucelt telling me to get off my fat ass and watch what I eat

Comment

50 min cardio on the elliptical this morning. Felt great.

Taking my mother out to dinner tonight, which is always fun. Shouldn't have told here where we are going, as she has already heard "bad" things about the place. Sigh, been there 2x now and its been fantastic. My mother is a pain when it comes to restaurants lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post

Wow lol.
                        Originally posted by Glyder View Post
                        Trucelt telling me to get off my fat ass and watch what I eat
                        Real fact is you can change anything you want if you want it bad enough. Stop f'n quitting and you'll get there.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
                          Real fact is you can change anything you want if you want it bad enough. Stop f'n quitting and you'll get there.
                          That's the plan Robb. He yelled that at me last year sometime, and I put it in my sig to keep me motivated.

Thanks for popping in. I don't plan on going anywhere, except the gym, get healthier, and pack on some muscle and lose this fat. Tired of this being fat (and I am a lot better). My daughter is a fantastic motivator

Anyhow, called gym yesterday and was told they were closed today, which sucked cause it was lifting day, but I made the most of it and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Played with my daughter, washed our car and went for a nice long bike ride with Hannah. Relaxing tonight and will get my workout in tomorrow morning.

Comment

Day Three

Squats: 3 sets of 8 reps @225
                            Dumbbell Bench Presses:4 sets of 8 reps @55
                            1 Arm Bent-Over Rows: 4 sets of 8 reps @65
                            Preacher Curls 3 sets of 10 reps @60
                            Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10 reps @180
                            Incline Sit-Ups: 3 sets of 15 reps

20 min light walking on the treadmill for a cooldown.

Wanted to get to the gym for when they opened up at 8, but I got up at 8 and Shannon was still shopping. and didnt get home till almost 9. I promised hannah I would take her, so I didn't get there till almost 10. I was surprised, the parking lot was packed, but not many people working out. I guess most were upstairs in the studios doing classes.

That seems to be the trend now, either people are doing the classes, or they are working out weird...to me at least. A lot of these "crossfit" style workouts seem weird. Maybe they are doing their own thing, but in the hour I worked out, this girl was doing the exact same exercises for the entire time. SHe just kept repeating her workout, over and over.

This other guy, looked like he was working out hard, but I got there at 10, and he was still there after I had finished working out, did 20 min walking, sauna, shower. Whats the point of over 2 hours working out!!!

Off day tomorrow from the gym since its closed, but its supposed to be warm and hannah's already bugging me for another long bike ride, so that may be part of my day tomorrow.

Comment

Took yesterday off (did cardio with my daughter nice long bike ride even though it was fricken cold) cause my wife took the car to work and didn't tell me. Guess we should talk more lol.

Week Two
                              Day One

Squats:
                              LT [email protected]
                              TT - [email protected]

Incline Bench Presses:
                              LT [email protected]
                              TT - [email protected]

Wide Grip Rack Chins:
                              LT - 3 [email protected]
                              TT - [email protected]

Barbell Curls
                              LT - [email protected]
                              TT - [email protected]

Dip Machine
                              LT - [email protected]
                              TT - [email protected]

Slight increases here and there, but increased the sets by 1 all around. Next week goto the "true" program, which is even more sets. Hence, the lighter weights. I actually like doing the higher reps/sets but I think I will cap it at 6 sets total. I will also keep most of the weights the same or use slight increases as I go.

So as I go forward next week, I will be doing 4 more weeks.
                              Week 3 will be 5 sets
                              Week 4 & 5 will be 6 sets
                              Week 6 will be the back off week of 3 sets. This week I will do each set with only 1 minute rest between sets.

Currently I take between 75-90 secs between sets. I will then take a cruise type week or 2 and then do this workout again. I may switch up some of the exercises or add some new ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X