Delta's new Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta's new Log

Since it's a new year and with all that's been going on with me health wise, I'm starting fresh, figured a new log would go along nicely.

So, stuff I'm already taking care off:

Pituitary tumor -> Check (ongoing threatment)
    Winged Scapula -> Check
    Scoliosis -> Check
    Low Test -> Check
    Long list of injuries -> Check

Stuff that I still need to take care off:

- Getting all the way back to 250 (lean this time )and ready to win some amateur shows.
    - Getting strong(er) all over again.
    - Looking good without a shirt so that people don't realize how ugly I am.

So I'll be walking roads I already walked before, but luckly this time I'll get where I wanna be faster and without major bumps

Training Style

DC 2-way split, obviously!

Diet

Since I'm taking a bunch of T3 and T4 due to my threatment my dietary habits have undergone a major change.

For gaining weight, I'll be eating 5000kcals, spread into eight 625kcal meals a day.

To get rid of fat, I'll be eating 3200kcals, spread into eight 400kcal meals a day.

Exercise Selection

Chest
    - Flat DB Bench 20-30rp
    - Decline Bench 12-20rp
    - Decline DB Bench 20-30rp

Shoulders
    - DB shoulder press 20-30rp
    - JM's cage press 20-30rp
    - Power Squat presses 12-20rp

Triceps
    - Weighted Dips 12-20rp
    - Floor Presses 12-20rp
    - Skullcrushers 20-30rp

Back Width
    - Front Pulldowns 12-20rp
    - HS pulldowns 12-20rp
    - Assisted chins 12-20rp

Back Thickness
    - Cable Rows 2x8-12
    - Neutral HS row 2x8-12
    - Yates row 2x8-12

Biceps
    - Standing DB curls 20-30rp
    - Preacher curls 20-30rp
    - Seated offset grip db curls 20-30rp

Forearms
    - Cable rev. curls 2x10-20
    - Pinwheel curls 2x10-20
    - DC's one-armed rev. curl 2x10-20

Calves
    - Leg Press calf raises 2x8-10
    - Seated calf raises 2x8-10
    - Standing calf raises 2x8-10

Hamstrings
    - HS Ham Curl 15-30rp
    - Lying Ham curl 15-30rp
    - Sumo LP 2x10-20ss

Quads
    - Front Squats 2x6-8
    - Leg Press 2x8-15; 1x30-40
    - Smith Front squats; 2x6-8

(Widow for front squats done on LP)

Also,
    :sammich:
    Last edited by 0001Delta; 01-28-2013, 06:05 PM.
    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Biceps, Forearms, Hams, Quads, Calves

*Rehab
    Scapula push-ups, 4 sets of 15
    DB Cuban presses, 3 sets of 10 with 10lbs
    Cable external rotation, 2 sets of 20
    Spider walks, 2 sets
    Thoracic mobility with foam roll
    Foam roll IT Band and glutes
    Foam roll back

Preacher Curls

110x15+6+3

Might be going too heavy here, I think the ROM is not optimal, might switch to DBs or Cable preachers, DB most likely because the gym is always full the time I train and the cable stations are all the way across the other side from where the preacher benches are.

DC's reverse curl

25x 20 reps per arm
    35x 14 reps per arm

At least my forearms are appear to be getting bigger

Sumo Leg presses

+625x15

Smith Front squats

+280x8
    +300x6

Leg Press widowmaker

525x31

Nautilus Crunch machine

100x20

most ancient machine I ever laid eyes on, but still works better than most of Cybex stuff

Leg Raises

3 sets of 10

I have my own way of doing these, one day I'll get a video.

*Rehab
    Chin Tucks, 3 sets if 15
    Walk Talls, 3 sets of 8 "walks" with 25lbs
    Foam roll quads, hams and glutes
    Last edited by 0001Delta; 01-28-2013, 05:56 PM.
    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Jiu-jitsu training today, I seem to be getting the hang of it pretty quickly.

But except for me everyone in attendance today were women. Hot women in kimonos. Ninja women.

I didn't get my ass kicked, but I do feel i was taken advantage off somehow. ( I'm not complaning, it was awesome. )
      Last edited by 0001Delta; 01-29-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

How's your flexibility? I know it's essential in Jiu-jitsu, and you being so big, I can only imagine it's tough to bend like the thinner guys.
        2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

I get my ass handed to me on every session because I'm not very flexible.

I only know how to grapple from the top guard, so I try to use my size to pin them down on the floor but these guys simply spin away and before I know it I'm getting choked.

But on the other hand I make impossible for them to submit me in any other way besided choke holds ( and I plan on building some goddamn neck strength so they can't do it anymore )

Comment

If I saw you on the other side of the mat, I would just run the other way screaming like a girl! :runaway:
            2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Looks like you had a good workout. I don't know why you say your preachers were too heavy. You banged out 24 with 110 lbs!

As for the JJJ, is it something new that your doing? You'll get better the more you do it
              Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
              BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                If I saw you on the other side of the mat, I would just run the other way screaming like a girl! :runaway:
                pssssshhhhhhhhffftbttth you got this tee-lo. get back in there!
                #docswholift
                PGY-1 FM
                "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

@Tlo - you'd probably beat me then because I can't run for shit. dem quads no oxygenate

@Glyder - I just started BJJ a few weeks ago I think it was too heavy because the ROM was simply shitty, I only extended my arms to a little bit past 90°.

Comment

Chest, Shoulder, Tris, Back

*-Serratus Push-ups;
                    -BB Cuban presses (just the bar)
                    -Cable external rotations (arm to the side)
                    -Spider walks
                    -Foam roll upper body
                    - Thoracic mobility

Can't wait for my Rumble Roller. Ordered the extra-firm model.

Slight dec. DB Bench
                    120's x14+5+3

Very very slow negatives

Power Squat shoulder press

300x9+5+1

No leg drive. Actually a viking press...the machine takes a lot out of the weight because there's a counter-weight on the other side. Need to figure out how to negate that.

DB Skullcrusher

30'sx14+8+3

Thought it would be ok on my joints... bad idea. Will replace for something...

Pull-ups

Bwx12+4+2

Turns out I managed to do the long negative by myself. KILLER.

Yates Row

245x12
                    280x8

still light because I'm trying to figure out the scapula deal.

* (just to put everything back in place)
                    - Cuban Presses
                    - Scapula Push-ups
                    - Neck work with harness
                    - Walk Talls

Comment

any reason you aren't using incline movements for your chest rotations? or does the scapula have something to do with that? also do you decline bb in the smith? currently rehabbing an ac joint injury so the only things i can do for chest is super wide grip incline smith, flat db, decline bench... ironically, shoulder movements make it feel better, and so do dips.

thanks

Comment

@Goku: I'm very delt dominant on presses, inclines for me are mostly a shoulder movement. I like flat and declines best for pecs, those and dips. I plan on avoiding incline pressing until I bring my pecs up and learn to active them through incline movements. Declines on the smith feel a bit weird at first until you nail the bar path and your position on the bench, the movements just flows like water then

Are you training DC ? IMO when I delt with my shoulder injury I found that not training my shoulders made the joint stiff and the pain worst, so if you feel better doing shoulder movements keep doing it ( as long as it doesn't hurt or you don't go too heavy ).

Comment

More BJJ today, unfortunately, no women today

I did get to spar with a 300 pound + dude. He tried to bull rush me and to avoid being crushed like a bug I clung to his back like a monkey, and managed to score a submission by triangle choke.

Comment

Lol
                            Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
                            BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

Bis, Forearms, Calves, Hams, Quads

- Thoracic Mobility
                              - Foam roll upper body
                              - Foam roll lower body

Seated DB Curl / offset grip
                              60x13+6+3

Pinwheel Curl
                              60x15/15
                              70x9/9

Leg Press Calf Raise
                              525x10

Lying Calf Raise
                              140x14+5+2

Squat Press
                              800x11
                              500x27

My lungs burned afterwards

Nautilus crunch machine
                              100x20
                              100x14

Leg raises
                              Bwx20

Comment

Working...
                              X