OmegaWolf's DC Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OmegaWolf's DC Log

First day doing DC today. I was really itching to hit the weights after taking it easy for a few weeks.

It was awesome, I definitely love this kind of training. The only problem was, today was my first day back in school, and I decided to try out some new protein bars in between classes. I ate like 5, and it was a really bad idea. Halfway through my workout, just before Back Width, my stomach started cramping really bad, and I got all bloated out. Going to tone it down on those things, lol. Still a good day for starting out.

Flat DB Bench: 110x9+3+3=15. Took me a good 5-10 seconds to squeeze out that last rep. Stretch for a minute w/ 45lb DBs

Smyth BTN shoulder press: 150x7x3x2=12. This is a really old school smythe, the bar is literally 100lbs (even says so on the machine). Stretch for 60 seconds.

PJR pullovers: 60x15+9+7=31. Going for a 20-30 rep range here, will up the weight next time. Stretch with a 40lb DB each side for 45 seconds

Underhand grip pulldown: 210x5, (dropped weight) 180x5+2. Just switched gyms today, this weight stack is definitely heavier than the one at my old gym, had to drop the weight. 10 second static at the end.

T-bar rows: 4platesx17, 5 platesx 7. 4x17 is a PR. This T-bar machine is really old and the thing itself is probably 80lbs.

Did the hanging lat stretch with 2 plates for a minute, then stretched my back pulling on a pole.

Still easing into the program, but I can tell I'm going to love it so far.

Good sh!t man. Subbed in.

Comment

Day 2:

DB curl: 40lbsx13+5+4 = 22.
      Pinwheel curls: 65lbsx16 PR (last time I did these a few weeks ago I did 65x12)
      Bicep stretch 1:10
      Forearm stretch :45

Calves: Hip sled calf machine: 3ppsx 19 DC style
      Standing Ham curls (single leg): 95x7+4+ 3and static left + 4 right = 14, 15
      Leg Press: 9ppsx10, 10 plates and a 25 per sidex7, 8ppsx20 (5 rep PR since I last tried this)
      Ham Stretch x 1:00
      Quad stretch x 1:00

Comment

Nice! Looks good so far omega!

Dude, STAY AWAY from protein bars. One exception is the quest bars since they contain all natural ingredients. Otherwise, the shit fillers they put in those things will rip apart your insides.

When I was in undergrad I used to make a few chicken wraps with low carb sandwich wraps and put them in foil and toss them in my bag. Just as convenient as a bar and not so loaded with junk.
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Great to see another DC log presented that can be followed. It's nice to see you are following the routine well thus far. Certainly better rep pause range/sets than I did to begin with.

What ambitions do you have? Be good of you to mention your stats and allow us to apprehend your progress.

Comment

The OP is a former training partner of mine. Good dude who works his ass off in the gym. I'll be following this one and adding my own DC log in a few weeks once I end my current lifting cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcastrength View Post
              The OP is a former training partner of mine. Good dude who works his ass off in the gym. I'll be following this one and adding my own DC log in a few weeks once I end my current lifting cycle.
              Hey JCA! Welcome to IM! It is great to see people on here learning about and digging into DC training. As funny as it sounds, it teaches you a lot about yourself.

When you get a chance, why don't you post up an introduction in the main forums letting us know who you are, some facts about yourself, training ambitions...etc.

And for those who are just getting into DC and really want to make the most of it, highly, highly suggest contacting homonunculus. Even if money is tight, he does Q and A sessions that are very reasonable and can really help you get your program together, give you some ideas for new exercises, help you with your nutrition, and provide advice on preventing and recovering from injuries.
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Day 3:

Smythe Incline Press: 240x7x4x3=14
                Chest stretch 45lb dbs x 1:30

DB military: 65x11+4+2=17. Weaker on these than I thought after Incline pressing. Usually I can put up 80sx8. Decent starting point though.
                Shoulder stretch x 1:15

Smythe RGBP: 250x6+6+3=15. Might have gotten a little more rest than I should have on the second rest pause, because I had to move the bench around to get it centered on the smythe.
                Tricep stretch w/ 50lb DB x 1:00 each side

Rack chins: BW+70lbsx7+4+3=14

Rack deadlifts at mid-shin level: 585x5, 545x8
                Hanging stretch with 2 45s x 1:15
                Back stretch w/ pull x 2:00, various foot and hand positions

First week of DC complete.

Comment

OW - looks like you are off to a good start.

You made the comment that you might have rested too long on the smith RGBP, but the fact you caught this and realize that it changes things is awesome.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Ez bar BB curls: 80lbs + bar: 11+4+2=17. 3 second descent and stretch at bottom of all reps.

Cable one-arm rev. curl: 70lbsx17 each arm

Bicep stretch: 1:20
                    Forearm stretch: 1:00

Standing calf raise: 300lbsx19 DC style

Hack squat: 4ppsx10, 4plates and a 25per sidex6, 2ppsx20. Changed up my form on the widowmaker because my hams and glutes were taking over the whole movement. From years of powerlifting they completely overpower my quads. Brought my feet in, went on the balls of my feet and went ass to calves with a slow negative. Will drop the weight and do the heavy sets this way too.

RDLs on 4 inch box, Ass-ending sets of 6: 315x6, 365x6. really slow, focusing on contracting the muscle

Ham stretchx1:00
                    Quad strechx1:00
                    Went deeper on both than I did last week.

Comment

Working...
                    X