:D Good times in the home gym!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :D Good times in the home gym!

Well, I've been a long time lurker on here and now I finally got back in the lifting groove (again, lol) so I decided to put a lifting journal on here as well.

I have one over at BB, but they seem to get pretty butthurt about someone mentioning them celltechs, so yeah.

Currently on a 2 day rest, so I'll be back on monday with the goods.

I'm on a 5 day split:
    Chest/Calves
    Arms
    Rest
    Back
    Shoulders
    Legs
    Rest

I'm around 164# at 10-12% BF, just gaining slow and steady.

ps - Obviously not on the celltech. Just an fyi.

Comment

I'll keep tabs! Tell us more about yourself and your goals.
      I've won on so many levels already I don't even care how I do at the show. I just wanna look damn good!!

--Steel

Muscles don't know how old they are.

Treat them like they are old and eat soup... and they will be.

Train 'em hard and feed them like a stud... and they will be.

So will you.

Journal

Comment

Well, lets see...

I'm currently 35, and I've dabbled in lifting on and off for a few years. I dirty bulked up to 177 at one time and I'll never do that again. I've done more reading than actually being involved in forums, even though I would like to be. I finally have a good routine down and so far it seems to work for me. Constructive criticism is always welcome of course. I also do an IF type diet and that works well for me and my work/life schedule. I just love lifting the weights and rocking out while doing it!

I lift with moderate weights and I'm not looking to be a powerlifter (considering I'm a small framed guy). I do it to "feel" the muscle/s being worked, and not trying to compete with anyone. It is a lifelong hobby for me and I want to enjoy it for a long time.

I also incorporate dynamic stretching as well as some foam rolling and a little massage when I can afford that.

I create custom pre workout stacks too. Thats a fun thing for me as well. I love the pumps and the rush of energy while lifting.

Big fan of Jay Cutler, Vince Gironda, Arnold, Lee Preist, Skip, DC, Layne, etc. Lots of these guys have great ideas and its good to get a little from each and make it your own.

Comment

Well, good luck to you and keep us up to date in your log!
          I've won on so many levels already I don't even care how I do at the show. I just wanna look damn good!!

--Steel

So will you.

Journal

Comment

Thank you sir, will do!

Comment

Good luck. Post up your routine, or does it change each week, ie different exercies etc.
              Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
              BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

Originally posted by Glyder View Post
                Good luck. Post up your routine, or does it change each week, ie different exercies etc.
                Thank you sir.

My routine doesn't change much from week to week, even though I will switch around some acc lifts now and again to mix it up now and again.

I will post up my routine in a bit.

Comment

Back day:

PreWO Supp: ONPP (1 scoop)

PWO Supp: MPCP (2 scoops) in 2% milk

OH / UH Pullups BWx4 - BWx4 (3) / BWx4 - BWx4 (3) / BWx4 - BWx4 (3) / BWx4 - BWx4 (2)

BB Rows 45x15+5h (1) / 95x15+5h (1.5) / 105x12+5h (1.5) / 110x10+5h (3)

DL 135x5 (3) / 135x5 (3) / 135x5 (3) / 145x5 (3) / 145x5 (1.5)

Back Fly 5x15 (1.5) / 5x15 (2) / 5x20 (1.5)

Lying OH Pullups NG - BWx15 (1) / WG - BWx15 (1) / NG - BWx9 (1.5)

Supermans 15 (1) / 15

Back felt great today, had some issues last week with low back on DLs, but got that fixed right up.

Finished up with some stretching. Good times.

ps - The numbers in the brackets are rest time between sets in minutes.

Music today: Projected.
                  af92
                  Bantamweight Member
                  Last edited by af92; 01-13-2013, 07:25 PM. Reason: Edit supp names.

Comment

Shoulders/Traps Day:

PreWO Supp: CLWF (1.2 scoop)

PWO Supp: ONW (2 scoops) + EVOO (1 TBSP) in 2% milk

Seated Side Laterals 5x20+10 hold (2)/ 5x20+10 hold (2)/ 10x11 (2)

BTN Press (with Fat Gripz) 45x10 (1.5)/ 55x10 (1.5)/ 55x10 (2)/ 55x10 (2)/ 65x7 (2)

BB Shrugs 113x15+10h (2.5)/ 113x15+10h (2)/ 113x15+10h (2)/ 118x15+10h (2)

Front BB Shoulder Press 55x10 (1.5)/ 55x10 (1.6)/ 65x8 (2)

BTB Upright Rows 45x10+5h (1.5)/ 45x15+5h (1.5)/ 50x12+5h (2)

BTB Lat Holds 45x30h (2)/ 45x30h (2)/ 45x30h (2)/ 50x30h (2)

Shoulder mobility exercise 10

Unfortunately when I do lateral raises, my shoulders like to pop or click? It doesn't hurt, but I don't really think its a good thing and I may go into the doc's sometime to get it looked into. For now though, I'm incorporating some rehab exercises to see if I can maybe make it better? And amazingly BTN presses DO NOT bother my shoulders, considering I have decent RC mobility.

If anyone has any insight, please let me know.

Great workout today.

Comment

I coach pitchers... a little popping and clicking is pretty normal (provided it doesn't hurt, that's a big thing). I had a guy whose shoulder sounded like a popcorn factory when it was moved... and it hurt like hell. That's bad.

I'd do the rehab exercises and not have a doc go messing with it unless it seems to keep getting worse or start to hurt.

Look for Dante's posts about shoulder trouble... there's a rehab exercise in there with a broomstick that is an absolute life saver.

--Steel

So will you.

Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Dean3238 View Post
                        I coach pitchers... a little popping and clicking is pretty normal (provided it doesn't hurt, that's a big thing). I had a guy whose shoulder sounded like a popcorn factory when it was moved... and it hurt like hell. That's bad.

I'd do the rehab exercises and not have a doc go messing with it unless it seems to keep getting worse or start to hurt.

Look for Dante's posts about shoulder trouble... there's a rehab exercise in there with a broomstick that is an absolute life saver.
                        Thank you sir, and yes I do those! They are awesome! I actually do those on leg day for some reason. lol.

Comment

Legs/Abs:

PreWO Supp: ONPP (1.2 scoop) - Love those tingles!!

PWO Supp: MPCP (2 scoops)

BB Squats 65x5 (1.5)/ 95x5 (2)/ 105x5 (2)/ 115x5 (3)/ 125x5 (2)

Leg Extension 25x15 (.5)/ 35x15 (.5)/ 45x15 (.5)/ 50x15 (.5)/ 50x15 (2)

Leg Curls 25x10 (.5)/ 25x10 (.5)/ 25x10 (1)/ 25x10 (1.5)/ 27.5x10 (2)

Planks 30h (1) / 40h (1) / 40h (1) / 40h (1)

Shoulder Dislocates 20 (1) / 20 (1) / 25

I have to get a long stick for these, since I currently use a thera band.

Music today: Projected

Good times.

Comment

Chest / Tri day:

PREWORK supp: ONPP (1.2 scoop)

POSTWORK supp: ONW (2 scoops), Creatine Mono (5 grams), Brewer's Yeast (1 TBSP)

Inc BB Bench 45x10 SS w/ 55x10 (1)/ 65x10 (1)/ 75x10 (1)/ 85x10 (2)

Inc DB Fly 5x10 (1)/ 10x10 (2)/ 15x10 (1)/ 15x10 (1)/ 15x10 (2)

Dips BWx10 (2)/ BWx10 (2)/ BWx10 (2)/ BW+10x8 (2)

Pullovers EZx10 (1.5)/ EZ+20x10 (1.5)/ EZ+25x10 (2)

CG EZ Flat Bench EZ+25x10 (1)/ EZ+50x10 (1)/ EZ+70x10 (2)

Hammer Curls 15x10 (.5)

Incline DB Curls 15x10 (1)

Grip BLKx30 (1) CoC Sportx20 (1) CoC Trainerx6 (1) - I got my grip strength checked and I'm at 140# on each side even though my left forearm is smaller than my right. wtf.

Forearm Rotates 5x8 - Done holding the end of a db.

Switching back to 4 days /week. I don't a need a damn "arms" day. I will do a back/bi, chest/tri/grip to take care of that crap.

Seriously guys, I could lift every day! I hate the days off.

Great workout today.

Music today: Projected

Comment

Back day:

PreWO Supp: ONPP (1.2 scoop)

PWO Supp: MPCP (2 scoops), EVOO (1 TBSP) in 2% milk

OH / UH Pullups BWx4 - BWx4 (3) / BWx4 - BWx4 (3) / BWx4 - BWx4 (3) / BWx4 - BWx4 (2)

BB Rows 45x15+5h (1) / 95x15+5h (1.5) / 105x12+5h (1.5) / 115x10+5h (3)

DL 135x5 (2) / 135x5 (3) / 135x5 (3) / 145x5 (4) / 155x5 (1.5)

Back Fly 5x15 (1.5) / 5x15 (1.5) / 10x10 (2)

Lying OH Pullups NG - BWx15 (1) / NG - BWx12 (1.5) / WG - BWx10 (1) / WG - BWx8 (2.5)

Supermans 15 (1) / 15 (2)

Incline DB Curls 10x10 (1)/ 15x10 (2)/ 15x10

Comment

Working...
                              X