Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X's 5/3/1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • X's 5/3/1

    Personal Bests:
    Bench: 230
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 410x3
    Press: 115x8

    I want to continue progressing on strength and size.

    By christmas, i want a 250+ bench, 350 squat, and close in on 500 deadlift.

    Here's today's workout:

    Bench: 135x5 / 155x5 / 175x8
    DB Flies: 30x12 / 30x12 / 30x12 / 30x12
    Meadows Rows: 65x12/ 65x12/ 65x12
    Tricep Extension: 20x8 / 20x8 / 20x8
    DB Curls: 30x10 / 30x10 / 30x10

    pretty solid workout.

  • #2
    Squat: 165x5 / 210x5 / 240x8
    Squat: 210x5 / 165x5
    Good Morning: 45x12 / 65x6 / 85x6 / 105x6
    Single Leg Extension: 40x20 / 40x20
    DC Style Seated Calf Raises: 50x8 / 50x10 / 50x10
    Decline Situps: x25
    Cable Crunches: 35x12 / 35x12 / 35x12

    Comment


    • #3
      Too much isolation. Some is ok but get the big stuff in...

      incline bench
      dips
      pull ups/chins
      leg press


      And "DC style" calves wouldn't be done for 10 reps or for 3 sets.
      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

      Comment


      • #4
        RE Calves: figured out that i was doing em wrong after reading the sticky.. my bad.

        Ok.. so rework bench day to..

        bench 5/3/1
        incline bench 4x6-8
        rows 3x12
        chins of various grip 30-40 reps

        and press day to..

        press 5/3/1
        cgbp 3x6-8
        side laterals 3x8-12
        chins various grips 30-40 reps


        leg press is going to be on deadlift day.
        and dips bother my elbows too much...

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd get rid of the crunches myself, I like ab wheels or hanging leg raises. Also you can vary reps, sets, style done for your isolation work.

          Comment


          • #6
            * The number in parenthesis is the number of chins performed before the press sets. tried to switch grip around as much as possible *

            Did 60 min cardio last night.

            Press: (10)85x5 / (8)100x5 / (8)110x9
            Press: (9)100x5 / (6)85x5
            CGBP: 160x5 / 160x5 / 160x5 / 135x10
            Close Grip Pulldown: 120x12 / 120x12
            Incline Skullcrushers: 45x12 / 45x12

            Overall very good day. Was getting fatigued with pressing around rep 6 but powered through 3 more. CGBP.. completed the 3x5 in less than 5 minutes total so weight wasn't difficult. Looking forward to pulling tomorrow.


            Originally posted by big ross View Post
            I'd get rid of the crunches myself, I like ab wheels or hanging leg raises. Also you can vary reps, sets, style done for your isolation work.
            hanging leg raises like he does em in the book? those seem fun.. will replace crunches with em.. not expecting to get too many reps per set with those.. as I've always been doing the knees to chest version of em.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Xscape View Post
              * The number in parenthesis is the number of chins performed before the press sets. tried to switch grip around as much as possible *

              Did 60 min cardio last night.

              Press: (10)85x5 / (8)100x5 / (8)110x9
              Press: (9)100x5 / (6)85x5
              CGBP: 160x5 / 160x5 / 160x5 / 135x10
              Close Grip Pulldown: 120x12 / 120x12
              Incline Skullcrushers: 45x12 / 45x12

              Overall very good day. Was getting fatigued with pressing around rep 6 but powered through 3 more. CGBP.. completed the 3x5 in less than 5 minutes total so weight wasn't difficult. Looking forward to pulling tomorrow.




              hanging leg raises like he does em in the book? those seem fun.. will replace crunches with em.. not expecting to get too many reps per set with those.. as I've always been doing the knees to chest version of em.
              It's just a harder version. Do the knee to chest like normal but at the top try to get the feet up to the bar. It's harder than what you're doing and easier than what wendler does.

              Comment


              • #8
                Deadlift: 225x5 / 275x5 / 340x5
                RDL: 205x5 / 205x5 / 205x5 / 205x5
                Leg Press: 1plate x 30 / 2plate x 20 / 3plate x 20 / 3plate x 20
                Hanging Leg Raises: x5 / x5 / x5 / x3
                Decline Situps: x20 / x20

                deads were quick, left a lot in the tank because i tend to overdo it on em and end up incapable of moving around for the next week. HLR were interesting.. did em like wendler did and these aint easy hehe.


                Originally posted by big ross View Post
                It's just a harder version. Do the knee to chest like normal but at the top try to get the feet up to the bar. It's harder than what you're doing and easier than what wendler does.
                noted for next time.. is that usually how the progression to how wendler does em works?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Cycle 1, Wave 2

                  Bench: 145x3 / 165x3 / 185x7
                  Bench: 165x3 / 145x3
                  Incline DB Bench: 60x9 / 60x9 / 60x9
                  Pull-Ups: BW+25x6 / BW+25x5 / BWx8 / BWx6 / BWx6
                  Seated DB Curl: 35x8 / 35x8 / 35x8
                  Rope Pushdown: 42.5x12 / 42.5x12 / 42.5x12

                  Overall good session. the first 2 bench sets felt a little heavy, but everything fell into place on the last set. Things feel like they are going along nicely. Though i need to be more consistent with cardio.

                  Guy was doing RP with 3 plates on smith incline. its one thing to see it on someones log, but its a completely different experience seeing these things in person. really shows you that it CAN be done.
                  Last edited by Xscape; 10-22-2012, 07:49 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Squat: 185x3 / 225x3 / 255x5
                    Squat: 225x3 / 185x3
                    Good Morning: 45x12 / 65x10 / 85x10 / 105x10
                    Power Clean: 155x3 / 155x3 / 155x3
                    DC Calves(Leg Press): 1platex12 // 1platex40

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      *The number in parenthesis is the number of pull-ups done before the press sets.*

                      Press: (12)85x3 / (8)100x3 / (7)115x9
                      Press: (8)100x3 / (8)85x3
                      CGBP: 170x5 / 170x5 / 170x5 / 135x10
                      Incline Skullcrusher: 55x12 / 55x12
                      Seated DB Curl: 35x10 / 35x10

                      beat press PR already, and cgbp is cruising along quite nicely.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Deadlift: 225x3 / 300x3 / 355x5
                        Power Clean: 135x3 / 155x3 / 185x1 / 185x0 / 185x1 / 155x3 / 135x5
                        Leg Press: 2platex20 / 3platex20 / 4platex20
                        Romanian Deadlift: 205x5 / 205x5 / 205x5 / 205x5 / 135x10
                        Hanging Leg Raises: 5 / 5 / 5
                        Standing Cable Crunches: x100

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The hanging leg raises are just a simple progression, my fat ass can't do what Wendler's advocates. I would do knee to chest, progress to knee to chest than curl up from there, than try straight leg as high as I can (never actually touched the bar).
                          I would do the power cleans as the wry first movement before the big lift, Wendler's advocates it one of his books. Theory is your working explosive whole body, it shouldn't really effect squat or DL but those two can effect the cleans.
                          Your program looks very solid now, pod work and hammer that shit out.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Bench Press: 150x5 / 175x3 / 195x5
                            Bench Press: 175x3 / 150x5
                            Pull-Ups: BWx6 / BW+25 x 7 / BW+25 x 6 / BW+25 x 5+2 / BWx8 / BWx6+3
                            Neutral Grip DB Bench: 65 x 9 / 65 x 10 / 65 x 12
                            Cable Curl: 42.5x12 / 42.5x12 / 42.5x12

                            not sure if gym will be open tomorrow due to hurricane so hit bench today. very solid workout. got stuck midway on 6th rep, but still a strong set. Really liking neutral grip DB bench, little different from close grip bench, but still hitting the triceps very hard.

                            Originally posted by big ross View Post
                            The hanging leg raises are just a simple progression, my fat ass can't do what Wendler's advocates. I would do knee to chest, progress to knee to chest than curl up from there, than try straight leg as high as I can (never actually touched the bar).
                            I would do the power cleans as the wry first movement before the big lift, Wendler's advocates it one of his books. Theory is your working explosive whole body, it shouldn't really effect squat or DL but those two can effect the cleans.
                            Your program looks very solid now, pod work and hammer that shit out.
                            thats exactly how i do em.. straight legged is a lot harder.. hmm that theory makes good sense... I'm gonna try it when i clean again.
                            Last edited by Xscape; 10-28-2012, 08:02 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Power Clean: 160x3 / 160x3 / 160x3 / 160x3
                              Squat: 185x5 / 225x3 / 270x2
                              Squat: 225x3 / 185x5
                              Leg Press: 3x20
                              Good Morning: 3x10
                              Hanging Leg Raises: 3x6

                              Press: 90x5 / 105x3 / 120x7
                              Press: 105x3 / 90x5
                              Side Raises: 4x12
                              Chins: BWx45, spread throughout press sets.

                              Power Clean: 185x1 / 185x1 / 185x1 / 185x1 / 205x0
                              Deadlift: 225x5 / 315x3 / 375x5
                              RDL: 215x5 / 215x5 / 215x5 / 215x5 / 135x15
                              Hanging Leg Raises: x6 / x6 / x6

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X