No announcement yet.

The new Beginning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did sled sprints and 45 minutes of cardio at the gym today. I'll try to get decent pics in the upcoming month, show you guys what I've been working on!
    The fight against my worst enemy
    " - So what is discipline? -Mike Tyson: Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it. - And how do you that?
    -Mike Tyson: [Smiles] With discipline.
    "

Comment

I've been through some shit in my life, and don't feel too great to be honest... But it's time to move on. Enough being sorry for myself. I'll try again and again, no matter if I fail one time, ten times, thousand times, or the rest of my life. I'll never give up!

Last friday I was bitten to my hamstring by a dog, while I was working. Fortunately I was quick to react so it wasn't that bad, couple bleeding holes in my skin and a huge bruise afterwards. It still keeps waking me up if I roll on it while sleeping.
      Yesterday I got some kind of tendon injury while climbing, got my entire weight on two fingers, ring and pinky (unintentionally). Can't squeeze anything properly now, so pretty much cardio, abs and some leg exercises for a week or two now.
      Doesn't matter, I'll push through it.
      " - So what is discipline? -Mike Tyson: Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it. - And how do you that?
      "

Comment

6 January: bit of quads and hamstrings on machines, 45 minutes of crosstrainer and stationary bike.
        "

Comment

9 January
          Uphill sprints, 10+5 (three minute rest between 10th and 11th sprint, otherwise walking down was recovery or I waited until heart rate dropped to 150.
          Attached Files
          "

Comment

1/11/14
            Sled sprints, +44lbs
            bit of upper body work, couldn't do much because of the tendon injury in my arm
            bit of stationary bike

The sled sprints are starting to show some results, at least I feel like it. I feel that my acceleration has already improved. Of course it's hard to say without any measuring equipment, I just have that feeling of "getting the groove" much quicker.
            "

Comment

My clumsy pose from yesterday.
              As you can see, not that much gym lately, just trying to keep weight down and get better in climbing... I'm weighing around 156lbs, aiming to maintain this level (with slightly less fat and more muscle mass)
              How's everyone doing?
              Attached Files
              "

Comment

Im good my friend. Trying to find balance in life, its goddamn hard but its fun trying.

Do you climb 'free hand'..ie no rope/safety?
                Are you of those inspiring lunatics?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
                  Im good my friend. Trying to find balance in life, its goddamn hard but its fun trying.

Do you climb 'free hand'..ie no rope/safety?
                  Are you of those inspiring lunatics?
                  You can always try to find the balance... :clock:

I do indoor bouldering. It is basicly climbing without safety harnesses or ropes, but with a thick crashpad on the floor so it's very safe. What you refer to, I guess, is solo climbing, or free solo climbing to you people in the US. I think it is pretty damn crazy and leave it to those who want more thrill - I respect my puny little life enough not to even try it higher than few meters
                  http://vimeo.com/89022426 My favourite climber, just insane! His style looks so elegant and easy. Plus he is one of the top climbers I have ever seen, on all aspects.
                  "

Comment

Im in the UK. I have no idea about climbing, I have just witnessed people doing it...seems bigger in scandanavia though?

It is insanely cool..watching them climb..no room for error, 1 mistake and thats it, game over

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Oh yeah, sorry about that mate - Should've checked the location, too obvious

Go and try the indoor climbing sometimes, it's really really great... And I encourage people who have a mild-to average fear of heights to especially try it! It's so awesome to conquer your fears. I was pretty damn scared about dropping down from five meters (That's where you're hanging from, so bit more than 3m fall) before I started climbing... Now it's just a small thin in my mind
                      "

Comment

Hello people! Been a long time! Just a short update: I'm still climbing, had a couple year's break of it due to losing motivation through nagging back injury (The lordosis-caused one I mentioned earlier in this thread). My back's much better now though, so I can do sports, but have to be careful on things.

I've had a desk job at IT for a few years now, and have gained weight. I do sports for health and longevity now. when covid began I started jogging again, and have progressed fairly well on it, mostly learned to run slowly so I can actually run for extended periods of time. I also started cross-country skiing, it's so much fun! At least on good weather

I go to gym for strength training one or two times a week, do one or two climbing sessions, one jogging session, one cardio session at the gym and lots of walking with my dog - she's still kicking and in good health. Turns 12 next January!

I gained weight during the years, went up to 88 kg (194 lb) at worst, and lost muscle mass in the meantime, and ended up with 104 cm (41 inches) waist in the worst time. My goal is just to keep losing weight in a controlled manner, and bring my waist down to a healthy level. Currently dropping about pound per week - Currently at 185 lbs and 39 inches waist. I've been cutting for about a month now so it's a good beginning.

I don't have huge goals except getting to a healthy body fat level. I'll drop in every now and then to check in with you people, it's a nice way to keep up my motivation. Take care ppl!

"

Comment

Working...
                        X