X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Beginning.

"This is the new beginning
    Rebirth through devastation"

Hey everyone! I decided to start a new log, to keep myself motivated. My earlier log can be found here.

I'm Jukka, 22 years old now, and still live in Finland. I'm doing my civil service at a crisis center, and will do it for about 9 more months. It begun couple weeks ago, and I still feel like I'm loving it.

I've spent a long time struggling without much motivation for bodybuilding. I haven't had a proper training period in the last year or so. I've been quite hard on myself, but then I realised that if I don't want to do it, there's no point doing it.

And now I feel like doing it again. I will use the kind of splits I've enjoyed the most, instead of the ones that might be the most beneficial.

I need a huge amount of cheering and motivation to make this work again, so please help me out guys!

I felt like a weak piece of shit today after doing my first proper workout. I found my training log from a plastic bag in the upper shelves, containing all sorts of useless junk and covered by dust. The last entry written? 22th of June, 2011. I've been at the gym maybe 20 times after that, 90% of the sessions being "starting light"-type of time wasting.

My intention is to add more plates to every lift I'm doing, and have fun on that road.

The good side is that I've been able to burn some fat on my way down, I'm down to about 70kg (154lbs) and thinner than ever before in my life.

Feel free to whip me if I start to find excuses to skip workouts :whip:

Here we go! the first entrance.

Sunday, May 6th

Bicep curls, ez-bar 2x12x33lbs
    Calf raises in leg press 2x21x286lbs
    Hamstring curls, lying 14-11x88lbs
    Squat 10x132lbs, 20x110lbs
    Hanging leg raises 2x8
    Tried crunches, got a ab cramp on second rep

The numbers are making me feel horrible, but I'm going to add the plates like hell, I tell you... I will upload a posing pic too, but not now. it will serve as a motivation for me - public disgrace :P
    Last edited by Thrashsatan; 06-12-2013, 05:57 AM.
    The fight against my worst enemy
    " - So what is discipline? -Mike Tyson: Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it. - And how do you that?
    -Mike Tyson: [Smiles] With discipline.
    "

Ok stop with the negative shit right now. Barring injury you can only go up from here. Best of luck.
    Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
    -John Ceasar

Comment

Yeah you're right. It's not the bad kind of negativity - more like to whip myself for better results. I'm not hiding it or making excuses. I actually am more like "the power of yes"-kind of person. And I know I'm going to get things running again. Cheers!
      " - So what is discipline? -Mike Tyson: Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it. - And how do you that?
      "

Comment

Onnea!
        PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
          Onnea!
          Kiitos!

Monday, 7th May

Dips 2x10x+33lbs
          Behind the neck press in smith: 12-10 x 33lbs (plates only)
          tricep extensions, pulldown machine: 2x14x55lbs
          Rack chins 8-7xBW+11lbs
          Barbell rows 2x12x110lbs

First to give up was biceps, the s l o w negative of rack chins is killing them. I hate my pressing results, but that's why I'm going to do them like I love them more than anything.
          "

Comment

Getting more confidence and more decisive every workout. Went to the gym late in the evening yesterday, ended having 20 minutes between my two last meals...

Thursday, 10th May
            Alternating bicep curls w/ dumbbell, sitting: 2x10x22lbs
            Calf raises, sitting, smith: 14-12x 132lbs (plates only)
            SLDL: 2x8x154lbs (lower back felt kinda tired/weak/bad for some reason)
            Hack squat (sled): 12x110lbs, 22x88lbs
            Abs: lying leg raises, crunches, seated twists, leg raise/holds (couldn't do it anymore, still tried)

The hack squat was way too light. Finally we have a hack squat machine at our gym, I'm loving it. I have to experiment on the foot positioning, think I had my feet set too high, feeling it more in my glutes. Or maybe it's the "crisp bread"-thing I do in SLDL
            "

Comment

Saturday 12th May
              Decline dumbbell bench press 2x12x39lbs
              Upright row, wide 12-10x 66lbs
              CGBP, smith 2x10x33lbs (plates only)
              Pulldown, wide, overhand: 2x10x 132lbs
              Deadlift 2x5x198lbs

Overall felt really weak. Couldn't control the negative enough in some exercises. Lots of work to do... Waiting for tomorrow's workout nevertheless. Good signs.
              "

Comment

Tuesday 15th May
                Biceps not done, having an irritated tendon or something in my left arm... It's because my dog pulls like a maniac, all the training I've done the past two years down the drain while my mom was taking care of my dog (about a month)...

Calf raises in smith, standing 2x12x110lbs (plates only)
                Hamstring curls, seated machine: 2x14x90"units"*
                Hack squat w/ barbell: 8x165lbs
                Abs: leg raise-holds, twisting knee raises

Next workout is thursday, then the weekend's off, having a housewarming party and birthday on sunday.
                "

Comment

Had some trouble with internet lately. Couple workouts:

Incline bp smith 12-8x 55 lbs
                  Dumbbell press, sitting 10-7 x 28lbs
                  Tricep extension w/ dumbbell, using both hands: 10-6 x 39lbs
                  Pullups with extra narrow grip: 7-5 x BW
                  Plate-loaded row machine, one arm at a time: 2x12x 55lbs
                  Back maintenance

26.5 LT/TT
                  Bicep curls w/ ez-bar LT: 2x12x33lbs| TT: 10-8 x 44lbs
                  Reverse curls, cable: 2x8x66lbs
                  Calf raises in leg press LT: 2x21x286lbs | TT:2x21x 308lbs
                  Hamstring curls, lying LT: 14-11x88lbs TT: 10-9x 99lbs
                  Back squat LT: 10x132lbs, 20x110lbs| 8x154lbs, 20x127lbs
                  + Abs.
                  "

Comment

Tue 29th May
                    Dips LT: 2x10x+33lbs | TT: 2x10x44lbs
                    Behind the neck press in smith LT: 12-10 x 33lbs (plates only) |TT: 10-8 x44lbs (plates only)
                    tricep extensions, pulldown machine: LT 2x14x55lbs | TT: 13-11 x 66lbs
                    Rack chins LT: 8-7xBW+11lbs | TT: 12-10xBW+17lbs
                    Barbell rows LT: 2x12x110lbs | TT: 2x8x132lbs

Felt really good after todays workout. So damn tired, have... to...stay awake... eat...
                    "

Comment

Thu 31st May
                      Last Time | This Time
                      Alternating bicep curls w/ dumbbell, sitting: 2x10x22lbs | 2x8x28lbs
                      Some wrist curls and reverse wrist curls w/ cable
                      Calf raises, sitting, smith: 14-12x 132lbs (plates only) | 2x14x 154lbs
                      SLDL: 2x8x154lbs | 2x8x165lbs
                      Hack squat (sled): 12x110lbs, 22x88lbs | 12x132lbs, 20x110lbs

A really nice workout. Although the hack squat is slightly annoying, I can't find the perfect feet position (or angle).

At this moment, the biggest trouble is getting my ass to the gym. As soon as I'm at the door everything gets nice and easy.
                      "

Comment

Just cardio today, will do gym tomorrow.
                        45 minutes walking & jogging with my dog. It was so windy and rainy! I felt more like a wet dog than my dog, since she has a rain suit and I don't
                        "

Comment

Welcome back!
                          "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                          2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                          2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                          2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                          2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                          2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
                            Welcome back!
                            Thanks sir. Been reading your new log since you put it up! How has everything been? Your work seems exhausting, I'm awed by your dedication.
                            Last edited by Thrashsatan; 06-02-2012, 04:57 PM.
                            "

Comment

Sunday 3th June
                              Last Time | This Time
                              Decline dumbbell bench press 2x12x39lbs | 2x12x44lbs
                              Upright row, wide 12-10x 66lbs | 2x10x 77lbs
                              CGBP, smith 2x10x33lbs (plates only) | 2x10x44lbs (plates only)
                              Pulldown, wide, overhand: 2x10x 132lbs | 12-9 x 143lbs
                              Deadlift 2x5x198lbs | 8-6 x220lbs

Felt good during the whole workout. I love how I can feel my strenght rocketing. Just got to keep it going!
                              "

Comment

Working...
                              X