Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Log- 2012

Hey guys,

I thought I would give keeping a training journal another shot. I have recently got back into serious weight training, as for the last couple years I have been more focused on muay thai and boxing. I've taken a break from that for the last few months and want to try and put on some size and get strong. So the plan is that I will be doing 531 for at least a year.

I'm 22 years old and 185lb. I'm used to training 6-7 days a week including weight training 3x a week (though this has been fairly stagnant for a long time) and will probably continue to do a fair bit of conditioning. If I start struggling with weights I will dial this down.

I read posts on this board frequently, and feel like this is probably the best place for this log as the people here are experienced and there isn't a lot of bullshit. Please feel free to chime in with any tips, advice, etc...

04/23/2012

Week 1- 5s week

Starting conservative so that I have somewhere to go...

Squats 531- 225x9 for final set
    squats BBB- 135x10x5
    -5 sets of 8 chinups in between sets

leg curl 3x10 - I have weak hamstrings so am trying to throw in lots of extra work for them throughout the week.

leg press- 3x10

leg raise- 5x10 - touching feet/shins to bar
    -5 sets of 20 pushups between sets

20 mins intervals on treadmill. Basically just kept raising incline and speed. 20 seconds on 40 break.

Felt pretty good. Motivated.

Comment

04/24/2012- 5s week- Bench

Bench 205x7
      bbb 135x10x5
      chins/pullups bwx8x10 in between sets

dips bw 10x5

rope pushdowns- 10x5
      lateral raises- 10x5

20min cardio

Was an ok workout. Went and got a bunch of vaccines this morning (8) so my arms felt like someone had punched me repeatedly. Also seems to have made me kind of tired, which might just be a placebo effect because the doc said I might be tired...

Have to go study. Its exam time.

Comment

04/27/2012

5s week deadlift- pushed back onto friday due to exams on thursday

deadlift- 305x9- pretty easy but no chalk and the plates being kind of octagons is annoying
        5x8 chinups between sets

front squat- 5x10 - just started doing these
        -dips between sets- 5x10

-hamstring curls - 3x10

kroc row- 80x17

leg raise- 3x10

20 min cardio

Comment

04/28/2012

5s week- Military press

squats- 3x10 with light weight just to get some extra practice in

military press- 115x6
          bbb 5x10
          chins/pullups 10x8 between sets

incline db bench- 3x10
          curls- 3x10
          superset

Gym closed earlier than during the week so didn't have time for abs and cardio.
          School finishes on monday for me so I'm looking forward to more free time.

Comment

Working...
          X