Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road to Becoming Superhuman

Hi.

Ive been thinking of starting a journal in here for sometime and have finally acted upon it. So a little about my self. I am 30yrs/140lbs/5ft 8in. I am from a South Asian nation called Bangladesh. I was educated in an American International School here in Bangladesh and then went on to doing my higher studies in the UK. I am a qualified Barrister (UK term for Attorney), but after having practiced for around 4.5 years, of which two were in Singapre, I decided it was not for me and joined the family business. I am also in recovery and have used and abused drugs since the age of 14 up until 28. Its gonna be two years of sobriety for me in August this year. I work on my recovery every minute of the day. Before I went to rehab in 2010 (and I was there for 17 months), I used to weigh around 200lbs. It is in rehab that I lost around 50lbs. Since then, I have not stopped at being fit!

I have been training on and off since 2005 but never really achieved anything, and I mean anything up until in the last 2 years or so. My goal is not to get very big, rather, i wanna get peeled to the bone! Not that I would not mind the size, but this is my goal for this year. And please dont be fooled by my avatar. That is me but that is just how I want people to see me. So much can be done with an angle of a shot, right?

I was under EXMGQ's guidance up until recently when I signed up with Skip. Ex is an awesome trainer, no doubt. But I decided to see what Skip is all about. So far, It has been going great. Anyways, I dont wanna waste any more time boring you lot. I am currently doing Wendler's 5/3/1. I love the simplicity and the fact that I know exactly what I have to get out of a session.

Day 1: DL 5/3/1
    Squat 3 sets of 10 @ 60% of my training max
    GM 2 sets of 20
    Calves 2 sets of 20
    Leg raise

Day 2: Pin Press Bench (5/3/1) I have some major issues with my right shoulder and can only bench if I keep my elbows parallel to teh floor, hence the pin presses.
    Incl. BP 5*10 @ 60% of training max
    Pendaly Rows 3 sets of 10
    Tricep PD 1 set of 40
    Face Pulls 2 sets of 20
    Ab Roll thingy

Day 3: Squat (5/3/1)
    Sumo Dl 3*8
    Back raise 3 sets of 10
    Cable Pulley pull down for abs 3*20

Day 4: Incl Pin Press
    BP 5*10 @ 60% of training max
    Pull Ups 5 sets (at my weight, I can do the first set at 27 reps, as of last week)
    Skull Crushers 2 sets of 20reps
    Side bends with DB 2 sets of 20

I do 5 sessions of 45 min cardio. On do 30 mins am and 15 mins after my workout.

Current 1RM (estimates used for the routine)):

Squat: 132Kg
    Bench: 93Kg
    Deadlift: 173kg
    Incl Press: 91kg

Diet wise, currently I am on very very low cals as I refused to listen to Skip to keep gaining LBM while losing or keeping bf at where it is. Im fixated on the scale. Gotta stop this shit and grow up! So far looking good.

This week was my 5/3/1 week,:

Current weight: 141lbs
    Pre Skipload: 139.7 (I Skipload on fridays)

April 15: DL (5/3/1) @ 148.5kg for 3 reps. here is the vid. http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6299/90317321.mp4. I really have to work on moving the bar and my ass at the same time. Last week, when I did 140k, I was fine, but I know what I am doing wrong. Im losing my leverage big time cause even after I try sitting in the hole, I lift my ass way to high before the pull. Nonetheless, this was an all time PR. This to at a very restricted and cal deceit!

April 16: Pin Bench Press: 80kg for 3 reps. I was happy with them. If only my shoulders were in a better state I could do better on my bench and Incl bp. But its cool. I am happy i get to do this movement.

I am surprised how well I have been feeling for the past two weeks on such low cals. I am very strict with my diet. I weigh all my food, even the veggies. yes, I am a bit anal. I think it comes with my addictive personality

Anyways, tomorrow is squat. Looking forward to another PR! And looking forward to that Skipload on Friday
    Last edited by superhuman111; 04-17-2012, 03:52 AM.

30 min treadmill AM
    15 min treadmill pw

Cardio done for the week!

April 18 squat 5/3/1 week

Squat 113.5kg for 4 reps

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/...t=3c52775a.mp4

Sumo dl 3 sets of 8 @ 95kg
    Back ext 3 sets of 10 @ 10 kg
    Side bends 2 sets of 20 @ 25kg

Session felt good. I have strted squatting after a long break due to my gym not having a power rack. Sumo's felt easier than last week. I only increase my assistance stuff w every new cycle. But throughout the day I was feeling very short tempered and out of energy. Wed and thursdays seem like I'm on a very short fuse. Did not think I'd have a good session in gym but I was wrong.

One thing is, for the past two weeks I have been having shit loads of trouble falling asleep. I reckon I'm getting around 5 hrs a night but it's interrupted sleep. No idea why.

Am weight today: 140.2lbs. Ill consider this as base lining as I was only off by 0.5lbs. Im feeling leaner than ever. Measurement suggests 10.9%. three weeks back it had read as 13.7%.

Incl bp session tomorrow and then I Skipload on Friday. CANNOT WAIT!

Sent from SuperHuman's Phone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by superhuman111; 04-18-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Best of luck on everything man...especially the important stuff. Stay healthy man.

Peace
      Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
      Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
      Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by superhuman111 View Post
        Wed and thursdays seem like I'm on a very short fuse. Did not think I'd have a good session in gym but I was wrong... and then I Skipload on Friday. CANNOT WAIT!
        probably because you are hungry. lol.
        nice squats. you're pretty strong for your bodyweight.
        Also, listen to skip. he knows his shit. do EXACTLy what he tells you and he will get you results.

Comment

Originally posted by youngbb View Post
          Also, listen to skip. he knows his shit. do EXACTLy what he tells you and he will get you results.
          Agreed ! You made a great decision. Good luck and keep going

Comment

Congrats on the positive life changes. Two years is nothing to sneeze at. Keep it up.
            #docswholift
            PGY-1 FM
            "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
              Best of luck on everything man...especially the important stuff. Stay healthy man.

Peace
              Thanks man! Fitness and this lifestyle is what helps me understand and appreciate the important stuff!

Originally posted by nexa
              Congrats on the positive life changes. Two years is nothing to sneeze at. Keep it up.
              Thank you. You are right, two years is not something to sneeze at, but its a life long process. An addict is always in recovery and never "recovered". What I mean to say is that I am only one hit away from being where I was 2 years ago. So, I play it very safe and appreciate that I am strong enough to understand that I am not strong enough, yet! I want to keep reminding myself of this for the rest of my life. Sobriety is the most valued asset I have today

Originally posted by youngbb
              I never deviate from Skip's instructions! You know how he gets if you do! Dont wanna get on that end of the stick! haha!

Originally posted by Deon
              Agreed ! You made a great decision. Good luck and keep going
              For sure and thanks!

BW down to 139.2lbs today morning. That's 0.5lbs less from last Skipload. Looking to shed a bit more by tomorrow! Feeling and looking leaner than ever. Upper session today evening!

Now back to work

Comment

19 April

5/3/1 week

No cardio today! Thank God!

Incl pin press 78kg for 3 reps
                BP 4 sets of 10 @ 62.5kg
                Pull ups 4 sets total 50
                Skull crushers 2 sets of 20 @ 28.5kg
                Abs

Had a very hectic day at work. Was at the office for 14hrs. Was on the edge. Lost my temper so many times at work! I did not enjoy the feeling. Everytime i lose my temper, it hurts my self esteem, big time Depleted as hell! I may only train for 3 days a week on the next cycle. Will spk to Skip about it. I am much much leaner than last week. I anticipate a much larger drop in weight than expected. Don't know if that is good as I am at a pretty low bw atm.

Looking to have a huge Skipload come morning.

R

Comment

20th April Skipload:

Weight AM: 138.5lbs
                  Last week pre Skiplaod: 139.7

Even on my Skipload days, I weigh my first meal or two just to so how much i am able to get in. So I had around 700grams of cooked pancakes mixed with 1/2 cup of sugar and 5 scoops of mango sorbet. Chased these down with around 2.5 cups or a bit more of syrup. Then I had around 400grams of low fat baked brownies. This was over the course of the day. I had these nestle butterfinger bars which had 43grams of carbs to 10 grams of fat to each. I had gummy bears, chips, and at the end of it a 2 plates of biryani! My log tells me I hit around 1500grams of carbs!

I am watery as hell today! face is all puffed up and shit. It good.

Here are some pics i took yesterday.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6...xedcropped.jpg
                  By superhuman111 at 2012-04-21

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1...legcropped.jpg
                  By superhuman111 at 2012-04-21

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3...nsoncalves.jpg these veins popped up for the first time! After my first meal of pancakes and syrup!
                  Last edited by superhuman111; 04-21-2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

good work man, currently I'm doing skiploads and 5/3/1...fun times
                    Looking lean in the pics!
                    Originally posted by thsfootball
                    Stressing about what's catabolic- catabolic

Comment

Originally posted by daneoz View Post
                      good work man, currently I'm doing skiploads and 5/3/1...fun times
                      Looking lean in the pics!
                      Thanks buddy! Enjoy the Skipload!

Comment

Great journal SH. Good luck.
                        Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                        -John Ceasar

Comment

Thanks Ihart!

So this week is Deload. I think I really needed it. Feeling sort of relieved! Hit an all time DL pr this cycle. Given my low cals, I'm looking to reduce volume further in the next 5/3/1 cycle and add some speed work for my DL. I've also found GMs and back extensions really helped my squat and dl.

22 April

Weight: 143.8lbs
                          Pre skipload: 138.5lbs

I was up 9.5lbs after my Skipload.

Did my DL session today. Nothing to log as it's a deload.

And spoke to Skip about how much longer I may wanna be on the lower cals. Currently my measurements say I'm around 10.9% bf. Once I reach the 7% bf mark, I wanna start adding sone size. The last three weeks I feel that in addition to the bf I lost, I lost some size ad well. Although I have no intention of getting huge, I am not comfortable with my current size. But I wanna wait for another few weeks and lose some more bf and then start eating and gaining some size!

Last edited by superhuman111; 04-22-2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

April 24

Current weight: 139.5lbs
                            Pre Skipload: 138.5lbs

I am looking and feeling leaner than I have ever been. I have gone from a 30inch waist to 29inch waist in the last 3.5 weeks. That puts me at the mid 9% bf. But I look small. Thats okay for now cause it's relatively easy for me to put on weight. A few more weeks of this!

Any ways, did upper today. Standard deload. Cardio 30 mins am and 15 mins pwo. Same yesterday!

Looking forward to huge Skipload come Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by superhuman111 View Post
                              2 plates of biryani!
                              thanks for reminding me to make some.

you look a lot bigger than approx 140.

Comment

Working...
                              X