X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rip2009
    replied
    Strongman comp. is gettin close!

Sorry for not posting… I have a strongman competition a week from Saturday!! Wish me luck… it’s my first lifting competition of any kind, so I’m hoping to do well. So, last couple days of training

Fat Grip Standing Military= worked up to 205x2
    Seated, backless, db press= 65lbs. 3x8
    BB Shrugs= 365x2x15
    Upright Rows= 105x3x12
    Standing Kbell Side Laterals= 35x3x12
    Face Pulls= 100 reps

Squat= 405x15 (just did it to warm up… I think I had 20 in me…)
    Power Curls= 135x3x5
    Hammer Curls= 75sx3x8, then drop-set w/ 35 lb. kbells
    CG Bench= worked up to 275x5
    Skull Crushers= worked up to 135x10
    Incline EZ-Bar Extensions= worked up to 105x10
    1-Arm Preacher Curls= 3x10
    Rope Pushdowns/K-bell Alternate Curl Superset= 3 Sets

Leave a comment:

• rip2009
    replied
    Yesterday, I fasted up until training:

Squat: 425x10 (I think I had about 3 reps left in the tank)
    Standing Leg Curls (each side): R/P stack x10,10,10
    Incline DB Curls: R/P 40s x12,7,4
    Kbell Hammer Curls: 30s x15 each side
    BB Curl Widowmaker: 50lbs x25
    Seated Calve raises: R/P 135lbs x15,10,8

I don't "train DC" per-say, but I have done it before and like to include some of the training methods from time to time. Especially since I am competing in a strongman competition soon, it allows me to complete my "big lifts" and complete my assistance/hypertrophy exercises in a timely fashion

Leave a comment:

• rip2009
    replied
    Okay here is a little catch up on my log...

2/26/2012
    Clean and Press: Worked up to 255x1, 235 was real smooth... 255 was tough
    Kbell (55 pounds) Circuit: (2 Rounds)
    Swings: 10 each arm
    Cleans: 10 each arm
    High Pull: 10 each arm

Kbell snatches (70 pounds): 5x5 each arm

Ab Circuit (2 Rounds):
    Kbell (55) Windmills: 10 each side
    Turkish Get-ups 2x
    Decline Sit-ups x15
    Hanging Leg Raises x15

Leave a comment:

• rip2009
    replied
    As most of you can tell, I have gone off my peaking plan a bit. I am entering a strongman competition for shits and gigs in march and am pro-longing the plan for just a bit... so, today i worked on some strongman stuff:

Clean and Press: worked up to 245x1
    Deadlift: 395x1, 395x2, 395x3, 395x4, 395x10 (done in alternating fashion with my lifting partner... fast and brutal!); Fat Gripz 225x5
    Deadlift Machine Deadlift and Hold 3ppsx1 + 10 second hold (done twice)
    DB Shrug and Hold 10 reps, then 30 sec. hold (done twice)
    K-Bell Swings (30 lbs) ss w/ K-Bell Snatches (72 lbs) 3 rounds
    Barbell Curls 90lbs. R/P 9+6+4, drop to 60lbs. x8
    K-bell Hammer Curls 30lbsx15

And, finally, a question: for all of you strongman competitors.... is the log clean and press with a fatter grip or an olympic bar grip?? I tried cleaning w/ fat grips and it was impossible haha

Leave a comment:

• rip2009
    replied
    Thanks Dunhill. It's good to have balance I think. As with my sister, she is freaky strong. She has squated 300+, which is just unreal. I wish she would get into lifting... I think she could do some damage in powerlifting or even bodybuilding! And it always makes me feel good to help someone else. I lost about 50 pounds in high school and then transitioned to putting on muscle... I rarely had help and, more specifically, good advice. It's something I always appreciated, so being able to help out makes me feel good.

Leave a comment:

• thedunhill225
    replied
    Oh and great job helping your cuz.

Leave a comment:

• thedunhill225
    replied
    Originally posted by rip2009 View Post
    My sister and cousin came to visit me this weekend. Training today followed a weekend of heavy drinking... I probably drank 60+ beers over the course of friday/saturday... AND ate my ass off. So, not only did I train today after all that, but I'm also fasting today :/... I'm sure there are several people here that are cringing reading this, but whatever... I like to have fun. So, legs today. both my cousin, roommate, and sister trained with me. My roommate is about 5'5" 150 lbs. and is pretty f'n strong. My sister, who is 17, is also strong as hell. And she hates lifting. Just an athlete. So here it is:

Squat I worked up to 495... just did one, but it was pretty easy. My sister did 225 5x5, then 135x15. My roommate hit 335 for one... easy. And my cousin, who has just started working out to lose weight in the past year hit 315. I have been helping him and he is down from 270 to about 237.
    KBell Circut: 72s 10 Goblet Squats, 10 Snatches ea. Arm, and 30 sec. hold at bottom... did this 3 times.
    Then, finished with calf raises and and an ab circuit.
    I love doing shit with kettlebells... if anyone uses them and has any ideas for stuff to do with them, then let me know. I also did a pullup into a dip. I was pretty proud of that. Not bad for a 225 pound guy.

Enjoy life man. Just keep it all in perspective but have fun while your young (just so you know everyone ain't cringing at your weekend). Good job after your weekend. Your lill roommate has good strength for his size...BUT... Your sister...holy shit! I am sure she has no idea how impressive that is for a 17 year old female. Especially for one that hates lifting. I got no idea how big she is but that's impressive as hell regardless.

Peace

Leave a comment:

• rip2009
    replied
    Upper Body Day:
    Bench worked up to 315x5
    DB Incline Bench worked up to 95x12 (slow reps)
    Dips BW+45lbs. 3x12
    Kbell Flys 55lbs. 3x12
    Yates Rows worked up to 275x8
    Wheel Barrel Deadlift + Shrug at Top 225 lbs. 3x15
    French Presses 95lbs. 3x10
    Shoulder Circuit w/ Kbells (front, side, bent laterals) 3x12 ea.
    Pushups w/ mini-band 3x12
    Band Pull-Aparts 75 reps
    Triceps Pushdowns 3x25,20,15

Leave a comment:

• rip2009
    replied
    My sister and cousin came to visit me this weekend. Training today followed a weekend of heavy drinking... I probably drank 60+ beers over the course of friday/saturday... AND ate my ass off. So, not only did I train today after all that, but I'm also fasting today :/... I'm sure there are several people here that are cringing reading this, but whatever... I like to have fun. So, legs today. both my cousin, roommate, and sister trained with me. My roommate is about 5'5" 150 lbs. and is pretty f'n strong. My sister, who is 17, is also strong as hell. And she hates lifting. Just an athlete. So here it is:

Squat I worked up to 495... just did one, but it was pretty easy. My sister did 225 5x5, then 135x15. My roommate hit 335 for one... easy. And my cousin, who has just started working out to lose weight in the past year hit 315. I have been helping him and he is down from 270 to about 237.
    KBell Circut: 72s 10 Goblet Squats, 10 Snatches ea. Arm, and 30 sec. hold at bottom... did this 3 times.
    Then, finished with calf raises and and an ab circuit.
    I love doing shit with kettlebells... if anyone uses them and has any ideas for stuff to do with them, then let me know. I also did a pullup into a dip. I was pretty proud of that. Not bad for a 225 pound guy.

Leave a comment:

• rip2009
    replied
    2/14/2012
    Back/Bi's

Barbell Rows 135x15, 225x15, 245x10, 275x10
    1 Arm Rows 150 3x8
    Rack Chins BW 3x10
    Rope Straight Arm Lat Pushdowns ss w/
    Rope Low Pulley Rows 3x15 each
    Abs

Leave a comment:

• rip2009
    replied
    Thanks DCB... and I'm trying to figure it out... today's training:

Bench Press 265 (70%) 6x5 super easy
    Incline DB Press 80x10, 100x10, 110x10
    Swiss Ball Kbell Press 55sx10, 55sx30+
    ITW 5lbs 1x20 ea.
    Kbell Side Laterals 35s 3x10
    Dips/Pushups Superset 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 me and my partner just alternated dropping rep each time
    Pushdowns 140x20 180x12 200x12 220x8

Leave a comment:

• DCBliever
    replied
    Nice workouts, you have great numbers, wish I figured my training out a lot sooner, keep pounding away. And Sammich I'm hitting it before you!

Leave a comment:

• rip2009
    replied
    Thanks guys...

2/11/2012
    Deadlifts 355 (65%) 6x5
    KBell Swings 35 lbs. 36 reps ea. leg
    GHR 4x10
    Shrugs 275 2x15 3 sec. squeeze
    Ab Circuit: Leg Raises, Swiss Ball Crunches, Swiss Ball Jackknifes, Side Crunches

The Deadlifts were tough. Those six sets from my squat workout had me sore all the way up to my dead workout. My legs recover so damn slow. I may have to go back to alternating squat and deadlift weeks... what do you guys think?

Leave a comment:

• Ajweins
    replied
    Very impressive numbers. Thats a big meaty squat.

Leave a comment:

• Adam2433
    replied
    Damn, everybody looking to crush 1600 around here!

Good stuff buddy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X