Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rippin up to 1600+ RAW

Hey everybody,

I've introduced myself before, but this time around I'm trying to hit a 1600+ RAW total. I would like to do this at 200 pounds and 21 years old (just turned 21!! :drunk. I'm 6'0" 215 right now, but I will try to shed about 10-15 in the process. My goal is to hit my mark in early May. I'm setting up this journal for advice/critique/ideas from all the members on the board. And right now I don't have the technology to do videos, but maybe I'll eventually get something fancy or force a friend to shoot one. But, Pics/Vids= Not really my thing... btw, I'm using some ideas from Jeremy Frey/ Vincent Dizenzo. I'm also using a keto diet to cut down w/ a weekly or twice weekly refeed

Previous PR's:
    Bench 365x2
    Squat 545x2, 455x10
    Deadlift 525x1

So, I'll post my first two days starting my training cycle:

Upper 2/6/2012
    Bench 245 (65%) 6x5
    DB Incline (slow/controlled) 50/60/70/80/90x10
    1 Arm Rows 120lb. 5x10
    Incline YTW 5lb. 3x8-10
    Rope Pushdowns 120x25,15,10
    Simultaneous DB Hammer Curls 30lb. 3x15

Lower 2/7/2012
    Squat 395 (65%) 6x5 (brutal... I usually only do 1 Heavy Set)
    Step Ups 70lbs. 3x10 ea. leg
    Rev. Hypers 90lbs. 2x15
    Shrug Machine 2x15 w/ 3 sec. hold
    Ab Circuit: Swiss Ball Leg Raises, Swiss Ball Crunches, Swiss Ball Jacknife, Side Crunches.... All 2 Circuits, 15 reps each exercise

Those are some huge numbers for someone your age. Do you have a peaking plan laid out for the meet?
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Thanks Sammich, I appreciate it. I'm doing Block Periodization to try and peak. I've never done it before, but it makes sense to me and I figured I would try it. If you have any advice, let me know! You can def. throw the weight up!

Comment

Originally posted by rip2009 View Post
        Thanks Sammich, I appreciate it. I'm doing Block Periodization to try and peak. I've never done it before, but it makes sense to me and I figured I would try it. If you have any advice, let me know! You can def. throw the weight up!
        Thanks, but I don't know a damn thing about programming. And I swear to God if you hit 1600 before me I'm quitting.
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

Haha I doubt I do! I had to figure something out because my bench is so damn inconsistent! I was doing ME stuff almost every week and 5/3/1 for a while, but sometimes I would smoke my bench days and other days they would be shit. I'm talking major differences, so I think if I try to program to peak then I might not have that problem. I was doing ME days like I did when I trained with Glenn Beuchlein (look him up if you haven't heard of him), but I'm at school right now and we just don't have the equipment to do that type of training. I feel like I can easily break 600 on squat and deadlift come close, but bench is the only lift I am worried about not reaching my goal.

Comment

BTW, day-in-day-out you're putting up heavier weight than me... I'm surprised your total isn't over 1600.... What do you think it is right now?

Comment

Damn, everybody looking to crush 1600 around here!

Good stuff buddy.
              Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Very impressive numbers. Thats a big meaty squat.
                "Being tired isn't the same as being rich, but most times it's close enough" Chuck Palahnuik

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least"

Comment

Thanks guys...

2/11/2012
                  Deadlifts 355 (65%) 6x5
                  KBell Swings 35 lbs. 36 reps ea. leg
                  GHR 4x10
                  Shrugs 275 2x15 3 sec. squeeze
                  Ab Circuit: Leg Raises, Swiss Ball Crunches, Swiss Ball Jackknifes, Side Crunches

The Deadlifts were tough. Those six sets from my squat workout had me sore all the way up to my dead workout. My legs recover so damn slow. I may have to go back to alternating squat and deadlift weeks... what do you guys think?

Comment

Nice workouts, you have great numbers, wish I figured my training out a lot sooner, keep pounding away. And Sammich I'm hitting it before you!
                    For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Thanks DCB... and I'm trying to figure it out... today's training:

Bench Press 265 (70%) 6x5 super easy
                      Incline DB Press 80x10, 100x10, 110x10
                      Swiss Ball Kbell Press 55sx10, 55sx30+
                      ITW 5lbs 1x20 ea.
                      Kbell Side Laterals 35s 3x10
                      Dips/Pushups Superset 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 me and my partner just alternated dropping rep each time
                      Pushdowns 140x20 180x12 200x12 220x8

Comment

2/14/2012
                        Back/Bi's

Barbell Rows 135x15, 225x15, 245x10, 275x10
                        1 Arm Rows 150 3x8
                        Rack Chins BW 3x10
                        Rope Straight Arm Lat Pushdowns ss w/
                        Rope Low Pulley Rows 3x15 each
                        Abs

Comment

My sister and cousin came to visit me this weekend. Training today followed a weekend of heavy drinking... I probably drank 60+ beers over the course of friday/saturday... AND ate my ass off. So, not only did I train today after all that, but I'm also fasting today :/... I'm sure there are several people here that are cringing reading this, but whatever... I like to have fun. So, legs today. both my cousin, roommate, and sister trained with me. My roommate is about 5'5" 150 lbs. and is pretty f'n strong. My sister, who is 17, is also strong as hell. And she hates lifting. Just an athlete. So here it is:

Squat I worked up to 495... just did one, but it was pretty easy. My sister did 225 5x5, then 135x15. My roommate hit 335 for one... easy. And my cousin, who has just started working out to lose weight in the past year hit 315. I have been helping him and he is down from 270 to about 237.
                          KBell Circut: 72s 10 Goblet Squats, 10 Snatches ea. Arm, and 30 sec. hold at bottom... did this 3 times.
                          Then, finished with calf raises and and an ab circuit.
                          I love doing shit with kettlebells... if anyone uses them and has any ideas for stuff to do with them, then let me know. I also did a pullup into a dip. I was pretty proud of that. Not bad for a 225 pound guy.

Comment

Upper Body Day:
                            Bench worked up to 315x5
                            DB Incline Bench worked up to 95x12 (slow reps)
                            Dips BW+45lbs. 3x12
                            Kbell Flys 55lbs. 3x12
                            Yates Rows worked up to 275x8
                            Wheel Barrel Deadlift + Shrug at Top 225 lbs. 3x15
                            French Presses 95lbs. 3x10
                            Shoulder Circuit w/ Kbells (front, side, bent laterals) 3x12 ea.
                            Pushups w/ mini-band 3x12
                            Band Pull-Aparts 75 reps
                            Triceps Pushdowns 3x25,20,15

Comment

Originally posted by rip2009 View Post
                              My sister and cousin came to visit me this weekend. Training today followed a weekend of heavy drinking... I probably drank 60+ beers over the course of friday/saturday... AND ate my ass off. So, not only did I train today after all that, but I'm also fasting today :/... I'm sure there are several people here that are cringing reading this, but whatever... I like to have fun. So, legs today. both my cousin, roommate, and sister trained with me. My roommate is about 5'5" 150 lbs. and is pretty f'n strong. My sister, who is 17, is also strong as hell. And she hates lifting. Just an athlete. So here it is:

Squat I worked up to 495... just did one, but it was pretty easy. My sister did 225 5x5, then 135x15. My roommate hit 335 for one... easy. And my cousin, who has just started working out to lose weight in the past year hit 315. I have been helping him and he is down from 270 to about 237.
                              KBell Circut: 72s 10 Goblet Squats, 10 Snatches ea. Arm, and 30 sec. hold at bottom... did this 3 times.
                              Then, finished with calf raises and and an ab circuit.
                              I love doing shit with kettlebells... if anyone uses them and has any ideas for stuff to do with them, then let me know. I also did a pullup into a dip. I was pretty proud of that. Not bad for a 225 pound guy.

Enjoy life man. Just keep it all in perspective but have fun while your young (just so you know everyone ain't cringing at your weekend). Good job after your weekend. Your lill roommate has good strength for his size...BUT... Your sister...holy shit! I am sure she has no idea how impressive that is for a 17 year old female. Especially for one that hates lifting. I got no idea how big she is but that's impressive as hell regardless.

Peace
                              Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                              Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                              Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                              X