Thoughts on "paper"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on "paper"

This is more for myself than anything, but sometimes I'd like to write down some things that come to mind. I thought starting a thread in the journal section would be the least obnoxious way to go about it. This way, I can keep my writings together and hopefully some people can take away something from them. This thread won't contain any training updates--only whatever is on my mind at the time of posting.

Today, I'd just like to repost something that I posted before and something that I will refer back to again and again.
    True Protein Discount Code: AWC155

Toughness

What is toughness?

"Toughness is the ability to perform at a high level no matter what the competitive circumstances are. In other words--no matter what happens, no matter what is thrown at you, no matter what adversity you are faced with--you will still be able to bring all your talents and skills to life on demand."

There will be days where you just won't feel 100%. There will be days where you have nagging pains. Days where life begins to take over and you're "stressed out" or "exhausted from work." There will be days where you start that inner-monologue of why "taking it easy" or having another "rest day" will be better for you in the end. There will be days where you'll have to dig deep, where the iPod just isn't loud enough and the weight on the bar is staring you down on your last set and you feel like shit. There will be days you'll want to quit, take a break and give up.

These are the days we get a chance to really learn about ourselves.

Comment

Great post grit. My inner monologue starts @ 4:45am when my alarm goes off....(I usually get to bed between 10:30-11:00)
      '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
      17 AAU Super Total
      '16-AAU Hi
      '15-USPA Metro
      '15-USPA State
      '15-AAU HI
      '14-AAU HI
      '14-USPA Metro
      '14-WABDL Sonny's
      '14-USPA State
      '14-HI Strongman
      '13-USPA
      '13-WABDL Sonny's
      '13-USPA State
      '13-AAU HI
      '11-USPA Metro
      '10-NPC Stingrey
      '09-NPC Islands
      '09-NPC Stingrey
      '09-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA IronWorks
      '01-NPC Paradise Cup
      '01-ABA Olympia
      '01-ABA Islands
      '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
      '00-INBF Musclefest
      '98-NGA Ill
      '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
        Great post grit. My inner monologue starts @ 4:45am when my alarm goes off....(I usually get to bed between 10:30-11:00)
        Thanks. Having a positive inner monologue does make a difference...

Comment

Working...
        X