Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing the power of muscle memory

Sup guys, it's time to start a log:

I've been a member here for a while, but haven't posted much as of lately since I haven't been training much for the reasons I'll get into here. Back story - I moved to the US last summer to go to college and experience new things. Life is good, and I‘ve had lots of fun. But I‘ve been plagued by injuries for the last 9 months, so training hasn‘t been good and mostly non-existent. After a long time off/doing rehab I‘m finally motivated to get back into heavy lifting. I guess you could say I‘m an ectomorph, while people who stop training often get fat, I shrink down. At my biggest and strongest in March 2011 I was around 235 lbs at 6‘3. Now I‘m barely 190 lbs and pretty weak. My best lifts were:

Squat: 445x1 and 405x6
    Deadlift: 465x1
    Incline Bench: 225x6

So I’ve lost around 45 lbs in 9 months, both muscle and fat. I’m gonna start logging my workouts and diet to let you watch my progress and hopefully get tips and motivation from you guys. I’ve already taken before pics but I’m gonna wait to post them until I get some new pics in a month or two. I’m expecting rapid gains so hopefully I’ll stay injury free.

Training split (from Lock’s journal):
    Monday - Chest/Triceps
    Tuesday - Back/Calves
    Wednesday - Shoulders/Biceps
    Thursday - Off
    Friday - Arms/Calves
    Saturday - Quads/Hams
    Sunday - Off

Cliffs:
    -21 years old
    -6’3, 190 lbs
    -Short term goal: Gaining back my old muscle mass and some new
    -Long term goal: Use 2012 to disregard abs, acquire mass.

I'll post some more about my diet and training here soon, 12 hour flight from Europe tomorrow.. :usa2:

Hit it hard and gain that 45 lbs back. Good luck on your journey, it's going to be a fun one I'm sure.
    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Good luck! Most importantly, make sure you are all healed up before pushing things too hard. Don't be a dumbass like me and suffer frequent setbacks. I have a feeling if you stay healthy you'll get those 45lbs back and more.....
      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
        Hit it hard and gain that 45 lbs back. Good luck on your journey, it's going to be a fun one I'm sure.
        Thanks man!

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
        Good luck! Most importantly, make sure you are all healed up before pushing things too hard. Don't be a dumbass like me and suffer frequent setbacks. I have a feeling if you stay healthy you'll get those 45lbs back and more.....
        Thanks, my shoulder has been feeling pretty good lately and I just hope it stays that way when the weights get heavier. I'm gonna be focusing more on joint health this year than before also. Will be taking a multi with Glucosamine/Chondroition/MSM and also Cissus from TP. I'll probably do a writeup on my supplement use in a few days.

Comment

Also, I won't be doing much of deadlifting. Always when being stubborn and trying to keep them in I just take one step forward and two backwards and it hurts my progress on the long run.

Comment

Finally got my shit up and running so guess I'll update this. Currently, my diet is pretty simple and consists of around 8 things:
            -Chicken breasts
            -93% ground sirloin
            -WPI/TEAM SKIP
            -Oats
            -White rice
            -Blueberries
            -Almonds
            -Coconut oil and coconut flakes

Hit shoulders and biceps today, mixed the split up accidentally so this week is a little off.

Smith shoulder press
            135x12
            145x10
            155x6

Lateral raises
            20x15
            25x12
            30x8 supersetted with 40x8 dumbbell swings(partials)

Machine rear delts
            3 sets, 12-15 reps

Hammer curls
            30x15
            35x12
            40x8

Pretty basic, moderately low volume which will be ramped up over the coming weeks. As you can see my strength levels are absolute shit, but I'm expecting a massive increase in the coming weeks.

Yesterday was an off day, don't feel like writing diet up but the macros were 345/240/75 (3040 calories). This, just like my volume, will increase over the coming weeks, and obviously be higher on training days.

I'll post today's diet and my supplements later tonight. I'm gonna go watch the Lakers game.
            Last edited by Quadriceps; 01-19-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Come train with me and Tlopez out at 24hr fatness in La Mesa...He will pick you up and drop you of...lol
              Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                Come train with me and Tlopez out at 24hr fatness in La Mesa...He will pick you up and drop you of...lol
                Don't you guys train at like 3AM? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                  Don't you guys train at like 3AM? lol
                  Yuuuuuup! He usually comes in just a bit later than me...
                  Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

The family has been under quarantine the past few days (flu). I' be there tomorrow.

Haha, just noticed, 24 hr "FATNESS"!
                    Last edited by TLopez; 01-19-2012, 09:36 PM.
                    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Twelve hour flight? Damn. I know there are a lot longer ones than that someone can take, but half a day stuck in a plane? Shit I'd go crazy...I guess that's why they make weed and valium thought right?

Flattered you liked my split If you find that quads and hams on the same day gets to be too much (Does for me usually) you can swap out hams and do them on your back day, and do calves with quads. That has really worked well for me. Get to crush the back while warming up your hams from pulls. Love it.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                      -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                      2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                      -1st Heavyweight Gi
                      2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                      2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

That's a bit early for me. That would mean I'd get 2-3 hour sleep everyday...maybe in 30 years

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
                        Twelve hour flight? Damn. I know there are a lot longer ones than that someone can take, but half a day stuck in a plane? Shit I'd go crazy...I guess that's why they make weed and valium thought right?

Flattered you liked my split If you find that quads and hams on the same day gets to be too much (Does for me usually) you can swap out hams and do them on your back day, and do calves with quads. That has really worked well for me. Get to crush the back while warming up your hams from pulls. Love it.
                        Yup, 18 hours from my house at home until I arrive in San Diego.

The split look good on paper. I've never trained 5 days a week so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes, and hopefully I'll be able to get my arm to grow some.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                          That's a bit early for me. That would mean I'd get 2-3 hour sleep everyday...maybe in 30 years

Yup, 18 hours from my house at home until I arrive in San Diego.

The split look good on paper. I've never trained 5 days a week so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes, and hopefully I'll be able to get my arm to grow some.
                          Just gauge your recovery ability. I find with lifting 5 days per week, it is almost always needed to take unscheduled off days. Soreness is one thing, but If I wake up so sore and stiff that I am dreading getting out of bed, and have no desire to go to the gym, than I take that day and rest up, stretch. Just don't be militant. If you are training super hard all the time, then you SHOULD be walking around sore the majority of your days...BUT, if it feels like the soreness you feel after coming back to the gym after a layoff, and you have been at it hard for 12 weeks...then that's not good. Guys tend to forget that periodization (blasts and cruises) aren't only for DC or powerlifters...

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                          -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                          2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                          -1st Heavyweight Gi
                          2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                          2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
                            Just gauge your recovery ability. I find with lifting 5 days per week, it is almost always needed to take unscheduled off days. Soreness is one thing, but If I wake up so sore and stiff that I am dreading getting out of bed, and have no desire to go to the gym, than I take that day and rest up, stretch. Just don't be militant. If you are training super hard all the time, then you SHOULD be walking around sore the majority of your days...BUT, if it feels like the soreness you feel after coming back to the gym after a layoff, and you have been at it hard for 12 weeks...then that's not good. Guys tend to forget that periodization (blasts and cruises) aren't only for DC or powerlifters...
                            Yep, I always take a week off every 6-8 weeks. Spring break is in a couple of months so I guess that'll be my cruise.

Comment

Quad, I just saw that you started up a journal. I missed the first couple of posts...

Damn man, 45 pounds! Hey, you can't go back in time and all you have is now, make the most of it.

I used to use a 5 day split and I did well with it, but now it just doesn't work with my schedule, plus I've been but by the DC bug, bad. When I was doing a 5 day, looking back on it, I was foolish at times and didn't adjust my split when I wasn't fully recovered and tried to train hard for too many weeks in a row without taking a break. If you are going ball to wall, like Lock said, be sure to listen to your body and take some time off a needed, you'll reap more benefits in the long run.

Cheer Quad and all the best! Gain that weight back!
                              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
                              X