Relentless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relentless

The wait is almost over. One week from today I have the green light to hit the weights again after 3 1/2 months off recovering from a distal biceps reattachment. I have become a lazy, stinky, fat piece of shit, and loved every minute of it. :couch2:

In that time, I walked into a gym once, did some crunches and leg extensions, and walked out...... that's it. I have been eating anything and everything in front of me; from pizza to donuts to peanut butter and ground turkey. I even got drunk last weekend, something that very rarely happens. My weight went from a fat 239 to a fatter 227, my shirts got bigger, belts got smaller, and breathing got much, much heavier.

Ok, enough bragging. This is going to be my new journal. As the title suggests, my main goal is to stick with my plan (5/3/1) with unwavering consistency; something I have struggled with in the past. The only variation I am going to allow myself is what style 5/3/1 I run. I am going to start out with the full body "5/3/1 for Beginners" while my strength levels are returning to normal, then will possibly transition into the 3 or 4 days per week plan once I get back to my previously levels of sexiness.

My goals are simply to be bigger and stronger, while staying athletic and mobile enough to hang with my soon-to-arrive daughter. I would love to hit a bodyweight of 240lbs by the end of the year, get my OHP to 185 for 3, incl smythe bench to 275 for 3, dead to 500 for 3, front squat to 365 for 3, and be able to hit 10 BW pull-ups. I don't know if it will even be possible to hit these numbers in a year, and I don't care; my success doesn't hinge upon hitting them, it would just be nice.

Yesterday I shot into the gym to get a rough idea of where my front squat is at. Holy fuck shit nut buckles, my legs are sore today! I worked up to 265 for a single and stopped there, I will probably use 275 as my true max. I am also getting use to using my straps as an "assisted-clean" grip on the bar for these, as opposed to my arms crossed stance I used before. It is going to take a little getting use to, but I think it will be much more comfortable and choke me out a lot less.

I wanted to take a few days this week to get my maxes for bench, ohp, and deads, but I am worried about pushing my bicep ahead of schedule. Even though it is only a week before I will be given the ok to do so, it still makes me nervous. I'm not sure what I will end up doing. Fuck, I want to hit the ground running next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! :yippee:
    2010 NPC North Star

I hope you were rotating from orthodox to south paw while jerking off this whole time. I would hate to see that your forearms and biceps are not symmetrical.
    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
      I hope you were rotating from orthodox to south paw while jerking off this whole time. I would hate to see that your forearms and biceps are not symmetrical.
      I'm a lefty, so my happy-time remained unaffected, as did my asymmetry.
      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

whooooo eeeeeeeee can't wait to follow along with this journal. glad to hear you're back in action budday

Comment

Glad to hear that. Well have fun getting back into the swing of things. Hope you're not too sore after the first "real" workout. Remember to eat your vitamins and say your prayers. Oh wait that's Hulk Hogan, you're the Macho Man, OHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH!
          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Snap in to slim jim! IM definitely needs a macho man smiley face :mullet:

I'll be following!
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Thanks guys, the more people keeping me in line the better!
              2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Great to see you back lifting again... I'm starting back on 531 again shortly myself. Looking forward to your journal man...
                It takes work to get things done, but in reality not getting things done is a lot more painful. -Knickerbocker24

Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? Fuck you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit. -Jim Wendler

My 5/3/1 Journal

Comment

This should be good...

Comment

I decided that I am going to get my pressing ballpark maxes tonight without killing myself too badly, then I will wait and get my dead max on Saturday or Sunday. This way I can still jump into the plan next week.

On a side note, I think I pissed off my neighbors last night. I was watching tv in my underwear, as I often do, and had to let my dogs out before I went to bed. I didn't feel like walking all the way upstairs to get pants, so I just I threw on boots and a coat and took them outside to shit. I heard a few of the neighbors muttering things as they closed their garage doors. They're just jealous.
                    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

im sure the boots and no pants was a great look. Good luck with the bionic arm.
                      2005 HOA Natural Classic
                      2006 OCB Midwest
                      2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                      2008 HOA Natural Classic
                      NPC Mid-Illinois
                      NPC Midwest Open
                      NPC Natural Grand Prix
                      2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                      USPA Illinois State
                      NGA Heart of America
                      NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Glad you're back healthy man.
                        Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

back up and running, great stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                            I decided that I am going to get my pressing ballpark maxes tonight without killing myself too badly, then I will wait and get my dead max on Saturday or Sunday. This way I can still jump into the plan next week.

On a side note, I think I pissed off my neighbors last night. I was watching tv in my underwear, as I often do, and had to let my dogs out before I went to bed. I didn't feel like walking all the way upstairs to get pants, so I just I threw on boots and a coat and took them outside to shit. I heard a few of the neighbors muttering things as they closed their garage doors. They're just jealous.
                            I'm actually jealous of your neighbors. That fact that they have the opportunity to feast their little sparkling eyes on your adonis-esque physique and I do not makes me very envious.

Anyway, what kind of numbers did you put up tonight?
                            Last edited by mentalflex; 01-05-2012, 12:32 AM.
                            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I'll say this: Coming back from a long layoff can be fun. Lot's of fun. It's like newbie gains al over again...except these newbie gains subside rather quickly LOL.

But if you get your diet on point from day one and bust ass, it's insane how quickly your body will snap back. Enjoy it. Nothing more motivating than getting back to your oldself.

Glad to hear you got the green light!

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                              -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                              2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                              -1st Heavyweight Gi
                              2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                              2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Working...
                              X