Brandon's Intermittent RAW Powerlifting Video Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon's Intermittent RAW Powerlifting Video Log

Hey, some of you may know me from ironaddicts.com, but for those of you who don't know me...
    I'm currently 165lb weight class, and I train by myself at home. So far I have competed in one push-pull, and one full meet, both USAPL. Located in Southern California outside of Los Angeles.

Goals are to get into a raw elite total soon, and start working on getting some open records in the USAPL.
    Current best lifts are 365/330/556 at 155-160, I had a pretty long squatting layoff due to injury, so I have been working on bringing that up.

I'm not sure how often I'll be posting updates, depends on how active the log is, might just be "milestone updates"...or nothing, we'll see.

And a couple recent videos to get things started...
    [YOUTUBE]YePpM9WWn1w[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]C4XqFpXip3w[/YOUTUBE]
    Current Raw PR's as of 2012
    365 Oly Squat @ 160
    350 TNG Bench @ 160
    556.7 Deadlift @ 157 (usapl)

My YouTube
    My Lifting Blog

Sweet beard. Hope you keep up with the video log. Always more interesting to see a video versus just reading numbers...
    It takes work to get things done, but in reality not getting things done is a lot more painful. -Knickerbocker24

Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? Fuck you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit. -Jim Wendler

My 5/3/1 Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Grant View Post
      Sweet beard. Hope you keep up with the video log. Always more interesting to see a video versus just reading numbers...
      Thanks. I feel the same way, like a book without pictures as a child.
      365 Oly Squat @ 160
      350 TNG Bench @ 160

My YouTube
      My Lifting Blog

Comment

Awesome lifts!
        2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Strong lifts.

The squat is a motherfucker isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
            Awesome lifts!
            Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
            Strong lifts.

The squat is a motherfucker isn't it?
            Thanks!
            Yeah, thats for sure. Really glad I am able to squat again though, I've been missing out. Getting some outrageous carry over to my deadlift.
            365 Oly Squat @ 160
            350 TNG Bench @ 160

My YouTube
            My Lifting Blog

Comment

Still getting into the groove of things after the last meet. The time off "peaking" before a meet, and resting afterward really kills my progression, so it takes me a little while to build back up into the PR zone. Should be there real soon with videos.
              365 Oly Squat @ 160
              350 TNG Bench @ 160

My YouTube
              My Lifting Blog

Comment

Nice squat and bench B. What was the injury you ran into that slowed you down on squat? just curious... it'll be sweet to see what you can get it up to since you already have a big deadlift. subscribed.

Comment

Thanks Ben! What happened was I got this crazy tendon snapping problem that nobody seems to have ever seen before. My quad tendon would sort of dislocate itself, pop out of its natural groove that holds it into place, and snap over the femur. It was some pretty disturbing stuff, and I went to get ART and Graston done on my whole leg and within a month or so I noticed improvement. Now I am able to adjust my form and squat with absolutely no problems at all.

You've got some nice lifts yourself! Do you keep a journal anywhere?
                  365 Oly Squat @ 160
                  350 TNG Bench @ 160

My YouTube
                  My Lifting Blog

Comment

Your lifts at your bodyweight are fucking impressive, your pulls in particular. Awesome stuff. Keep those vids coming and good luck with training! Keep plugging away, you're a damn mini-tank! LOL

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                    -1st Heavyweight Gi
                    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Thanks Ben! What happened was I got this crazy tendon snapping problem that nobody seems to have ever seen before. My quad tendon would sort of dislocate itself, pop out of its natural groove that holds it into place, and snap over the femur. It was some pretty disturbing stuff, and I went to get ART and Graston done on my whole leg and within a month or so I noticed improvement. Now I am able to adjust my form and squat with absolutely no problems at all.

You've got some nice lifts yourself! Do you keep a journal anywhere?
                      Wow, yeah that's crazy. I've never heard of something like that before. At least you're coming back from well from the sounds of it.

You're not that far from the American deadlift record. Keep diggin B-man-randon!
                      http://www.goheavy.net/records/viewr...d-13f80fce4046

I don't have a journal yet, but I will make one soon. I've been lurking on this site for a few months now and finally am starting to participate in the fun lol.

Comment

Have had my eyes on that one!
                        365 Oly Squat @ 160
                        350 TNG Bench @ 160

My YouTube
                        My Lifting Blog

Comment

2011 Progress, and Best Lifts

Sorry its been awhile since I have updated. Been busy, and being a member on so many forums has me stretched pretty thin. I'm keeping consistent updates on this site: brandongoris.co.cc/blog if anyone wants to follow along there.

Anyway, I decided to get a video together to judge my 2011 lifting success. I took my best lifts from 2010, and compared them with the best of 2011. Some lifts in 2010 were based off of best sets of 5RM (like my deadlift), and are very optimistic, probably by 20lbs or so.

I didn't do as great as I had wanted, but I did have a 8+ month layoff due to knee injury.

[youtube]VEX-bsOHLHc[/youtube]
                          365 Oly Squat @ 160
                          350 TNG Bench @ 160

My YouTube
                          My Lifting Blog

Comment

Working...
                          X