Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Kills

Starting a log up here again.

Was having a fairly productive run at training the past few months, lost a bunch of (unnecessary) weight during the first half of this year and my strength was on it's way back to matching fat PR's at 30-40 lbs lighter bodyweight. I also switched from squatting wide and (barely) parallel to close and deep in olympic shoes and had gotten my olympic squat numbers up to my previous high squat PR's. Unfortunately, I recently sprained my MCL and am having to take some time off of squats and pulls while it heals. This also means no running or jumping for the time being, which is equally frustrating, as I had just really begun to see progress in those areas, including a 4.7 second 40.

Goals are to be as big, fast, athletic, and strong as possible. I want a 275 strict overhead press (clavicles to lockout), 500 lb belt only olympic squat, 50 inch box jump, and do it all while being in good enough shape that my lungs can handle 20 or so trips up the local hill.

My training is a mix of some of my own ideas and Wendler's 5/3/1 programs, specifically his football book. I currently weigh in the mid to high 170's at 5 foot 7.

A. Seated Throw- 14# x20

B. Bench-
    warm ups
    190x5
    225x5
    250x5

C. Hang Clean-
    warm ups
    95x5
    110x5
    125x5

D. Incline Press- 185x8 x3
    E. Reverse Grip Bench- 165x12 x3
    F. Tate Press- 30x15 x2

I can do hang cleans without my MCL bothering me as long as I wear the structural knee brace. Actually, not being able to fully extend my right leg because of the brace forces me to "swing and sweep" properly instead of triple extending, so my technique was better than usual.
    "Somehow you can't lift a fucking weight because you don't have some moron yelling at you to sit back? Please. What a crock of shit. Expect more from yourself and you'll be surprised."

-Jim Wendler

"One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

$1 that this log will only last 2 weeks tops

Comment

Originally posted by detazathoth View Post
      $1 that this log will only last 2 weeks tops
      Eli Manning.

A. Chins, various grips- bw x10 x3
      B. Dumbbell Row- 120x10 x3
      C. One-armed Pulldown- 80x12 x3
      D. Swing- 65x20 x3
      E. Rope Hammer Curl- 50x8 x6
      "Somehow you can't lift a fucking weight because you don't have some moron yelling at you to sit back? Please. What a crock of shit. Expect more from yourself and you'll be surprised."

-Jim Wendler

"One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Comment

Originally posted by fightingtiger View Post
        eli manning.

A. Chins, various grips- bw x10 x3
        b. Dumbbell row- 120x10 x3
        c. One-armed pulldown- 80x12 x3
        d. Swing- 65x20 x3
        e. Rope hammer curl- 50x8 x6
        .... -_-

Comment

I'm tuned in.. Keep the log up. My goals have changed to be more similar to yours. Gotta be able to chase my son down in the future and throw him over a tree at the same time.
          Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
          FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
          www.316fit.com
          Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
            I'm tuned in.. Keep the log up. My goals have changed to be more similar to yours. Gotta be able to chase my son down in the future and throw him over a tree at the same time.
            Before this knee nonsense happened, I was considering trying out for the local arena and semipro football teams, but I think thats probably nixed unless this thing is a whole lot more benign than it appears to be. Still wanna get awesome, though.

-Jim Wendler

Comment

Last night:

A. Hang Clean
              warm ups
              105x5
              125x5
              140x5

B. Bench-
              warm ups
              165x5
              195x5
              225x5

rehab stuff x frustration

-Jim Wendler

Comment

Wednesday:

A. Pull Ups- bw x12 x3
                B. Cable Row- 160x8 x6
                C. Rear Cable Cross- 20 x12 x3
                D. Barbell Curl- 95x8 x3
                E. Kb Hammer Curl- 10kg x12 x4

Thursday:

A. Seated Press-
                warm ups
                115x3
                135x3
                155x3

B. Dumbbell Bench- 95x10 x4
                C. Dip- bw x25 x4
                D. Pushdown- 50 x15 x4

Since starting to bring the bar down to my clavicles rather than just chin height, my pressing weights have gone down and my shoulders have gotten bigger. Imagine that. What a difference that 6 inches makes.

-Jim Wendler

Comment

A. Deadlift-
                  warm ups
                  275x5
                  315x5
                  355x5

B. Press-
                  warm ups
                  105x5
                  125x5
                  145x5

C. Step Up- 20kg(x2) x10 x3
                  D. Back XT- 85x10 x3
                  E. Leg Raise- x20 x3

Pleased with this workout, considering thag less than two weeks ago, I couldn't walk without crutches...

-Jim Wendler

Comment

A. Pull Up- bw x12 x3
                    B. Hammer Row, one-armed- 135x8 x4
                    C. Prone Cable Row- 80x12 x4
                    D. Kb Hammer Curl- 16kg x8 x4
                    E. Kb Reverse Curl- 8kg x12 x3

Doc thinks I may have torn my meniscus. MRI later this week.

-Jim Wendler

Comment

Yesterday:

A. Bench-
                      warm ups
                      190x5
                      225x5
                      250x5

B. Hang Clean-
                      warm ups
                      95x5
                      110x5
                      125x5

C. Incline Press- 185x8 x3
                      D. Incline Tate Press- 35x12 x3
                      E. Pushdown- 70x15 x4

Today:
                      A. Reverse Grip Pulldown- 160x12 x4
                      B. High Row Machine- 125x8 x6
                      C. Rear Cable Cross- 20x15 x4
                      D. Cable Curl- 25x10 x4
                      E. Rope Hammer Curl- 50x15 x2

-Jim Wendler

Comment

A. Power Clean-
                        warm ups
                        105x5
                        125x5
                        145x5

B. Bench Press-
                        warm ups
                        165x5
                        195x5
                        225x5

C. Walking Lunge- 20kg(x2) x8 x3
                        D. Good Morning- 135x12 x3
                        E. Toes-to-Bar- x10 x3

-Jim Wendler

Comment

A. Press-
                          warm ups
                          135x3
                          155x3
                          175x3

B. Deadlift-
                          warm ups
                          225x5
                          275x5
                          315x5

C. Dumbbell Bench- 85x15 x3
                          D1. Rope Pushdown- 65x15 x3
                          D2. Kb Lateral Raise- 8kg x15 x3
                          D3. Kb Front Raise, one-armed- 8kg x15 x3

-Jim Wendler

Comment

A. Chins, various grips- bw x12 x4
                            B. Dumbbell Row- 125x10 x3
                            C. Rear Cable Cross- 25x12 x3
                            D. Dumbbell Preacher Curl- 30x10 x4

Follow-up with the doctor tomorrow. The ability to fight my desire to start running again is waning. Hopefully this won't take much longer.

-Jim Wendler

Comment

A. Deadlift-
                              warm ups
                              290x3
                              330x3
                              375x3

B. Press-
                              warm ups
                              105x5
                              125x5
                              145x5

C. Box Squat (13")- 185x5 x3
                              D1. Step Up- 24kg (x2) x8 x3
                              D2. Ab Wheel Rollout- x12 x3

Sprained MCL, small flap tear of the lateral meniscus, and a bone bruise.
                              Last edited by fightingtiger; 11-24-2011, 12:42 AM.

-Jim Wendler

Comment

Working...
                              X