**Dr. Phil's 2011 Comeback Journal***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Dr. Phil's 2011 Comeback Journal***

This morning at approximately 1am, I was once again thinking about my inconsistent comeback attempts to be in the best shape of my life all while balancing my sometimes unstable life and career. Most importantly, I was inspired after stumbling on one of many of IM's prominent member logs that still make me realize, it is acheivable if you work it. To make a long story short, I will keep this beginning short and sweet so I don't get discouraged like before and think of it as homework. I will approach my routine and diet methodically for most of you to understand, but mostly for myself, so ask any questions and comment. I will post my basic stats, training/non training diet plan tommorrow and then sometime soon post my current dc blast layout, so stay tuned!
    Last edited by pnutbutter81; 10-16-2011, 01:54 AM.

We've all got comeback trips, don't get down or discouraged bro. Pull on the boots and get back in the fire.
    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Basic Stats:
      Age 30
      Weight: 235lb, 20-25% bf
      Height: 6'1"

Below you will see my current 2 meal plans. This was consulted and though I had great results following it inconsistently, I have no problem eating this way day in and out. All meals unless posted are every 2-3 hours. Usually shakes last me 2 hours and solid meals 2.5 hours before I hear the growling. Since I live by DC Training, these plans are geared toward it. My personal goal, is to maintain a typical bf% and gain as much strength to grow as much lean mass as possible. I am also going to start again with the meal plans made for me with no deviation till after a consistent blast.

My Preference for foods:
      Carbs: oatmeal, green veggies (green beans, Broccoli), only pasta in post workout solid meal.
      Fats: Uncooked Canola/Olive oil, Fish capsules
      Proteins: 90% lean ground beef, Boneless/skinless frozen chicken Breasts, protein powder

Supplements: (always TP preferred) Mg's Muscle Formula (intra workout), beta alanine (2grams per 8 hours daily), creapure creatine mono (5 grams once daily, always post workout on training days) gerianamo! formula (during workout), Ajipure BCAA's(10 g.during workout), Mg's Test booster (daily as directed 10am/before bedtime), Psyllium Husk (2 capsules/twice a day), milk thistle. Multiple vitamins/minerals/herbs (1 multi in morning meal and before bed).

TRAINING DAYS (usually mon/wed/fri, 2 way split DC)

Immediate after Wakeup
      40g carbs *green vegetables in this meal*
      50g protein
      16g fat

TRAIN (during it Mg’s Muscle serving, 10g. of AJipure BCAA’s, 5g.creatine mono, full serving geraniamo!)
      20g protein
      44g carb

30 min. after post workout and MG’s Muscle Drink
      32g.carb 1 packet flavored oatmeal (any flavor)
      50g protein from whey protein
      *blend with water and ice*

Hour Later
      50g carbs *some green vegetables in this meal*, only time for carbs to be pasta /rice/potatoe
      50g protein
      NO ADDED FAT IN THIS MEAL

2-3Hours
      Protein drink
      40g carbs
      50g protein
      16g fat

2-3hours
      40g carbs *green vegetables in this meal*
      50g protein
      16g fat

2-3 hours
      Protein drink
      50g protein
      25g carbs
      16g fat

2-3 hours
      50g protein
      16g fat
      NO CARBS IN THIS MEAL

approximate totals:
      protein 370g
      carbs 271g
      fat 80g

NON-TRAINING DAYS (usually tues/thurs/sat/sun)

Immediate after Wakeup or 30min. of 130bpm cardio
      50g carbs (green veggies in this meal)
      40g protein
      16g fat

2-3hours
      Protein drink
      40g carbs
      50g protein
      16g fat

2-3 hours
      40g carbs
      50g protein
      16g fat

2-3hours
      Protein drink
      40g carbs
      50g protein
      16g fat

2-3hours
      0g carbs (green veggies in this meal)
      50g protein
      16g fat

2-3 hours
      Protein drink
      0g carbs
      50g protein
      16g fat

approximate totals:
      protein 290g
      carbs 160g
      fat 96g

Comment

Unfortunately, starting this blast, I'm at the expense of food stamps, which means I will have to buy my protein powder at Sam's Club, which I already get all my food from anyways. They just recently changed from EAS 5 lbr's to Muscletech 5 lbr's. Yeh, it's like being back at GNC, I will sorely miss TP for a little while here until the job market opens up for me. This new economy muscletech powder is only 20g. protein per scoop, so I have 10 less grams deviation from my plans. But the point is I will still have protein powder eh!?! LOL, even says they throw creatine mono in it besides the pound of flavor they needed for this shitty concoction of concentrate, even less servings than EAS bag had. No wonder they claim all the stuff that covers this bag. I miss straight raw material
        Last edited by pnutbutter81; 10-16-2011, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Not digging just typing all this stuff and my computer restarted before I hit reply! But, I already started Week 1 Blast (upper/lower/upper), which I am going to skip after that accident, which you will see again on week3. I waited till tuesday this week due to extreme soreness from week 1 and still expect that to happen this week. I am now on Week 2 Blast, obviously both week 1/2 are trial and error regarding range/weight (based on soreness will increase or decrease rep ranges). I will also have my exercise order change, because I actually started even before blast week 1 (could only do an upper body and lower body till recovery caught up) and went out of order.

Some things I'm really changing and very happy with is making almost all of my bicep/forearm exercises with the use of the preacher pad (straihgt down and slanted), because I was seeing very little soreness and progress was slow without isolation. My natural reflex's were allowing more shoulder and elbow movement than I was pleased with, regardless of good form. Also high weight was causing splints in my wrists. On upper body days my bi's were getting more from back exercises from secondary support, and this choice has seemed to definitely change things significantly, regardless of it being so early on.

I have also decided to do calf raises with less than 20 second reps, my legs were shaking with such large amounts of weight or blood was cutting off with wraps, even though the weight was manageable. SO, I still stick with same protocol, but spend about 10 seconds for each rep.

Nonetheless, today I was ready to kill it, did logwise, but somehow didn't feel exhausted at all. My body wanted more

Week 2 Lower Body (tuesday)

(single) dumbell preacher, 55lb/15 rp, 4 min rest to forearms
          Dumbell Pinwheel Curl, reg. grip, 45ea/16ss
          Leg press calf raise, 7x45ea/13ss
          Prone Ham Curl, 130/19rp
          Leg Extension 10ss/295 (full stack) 3 min. rest 6ss/295 3 min. rest 135/17ss Widow

I already feel heavy swelling and soreness from everything this morning after getting back from my day. My goal this whole blast is to dial in everything rangewise to achieve that EVERY WORKOUT. No more inconsistency and I am really going to analyze my soreness aswell to do the dialing in this time, not just the numbers!
          Last edited by pnutbutter81; 10-18-2011, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Last night I had to chew down some junk carbs/fat slightly late because we were celebrating my father's 63rd at a mediterranean joint and I havent been cycling or refeeding. Maybe that brought me some extra reps for today though, who cares though, it worked out great and I got to see my sister who was heavily involved with the Tigers baseball playoffs among her other jobs and headed out to another leg of the world series this week after this and always too busy to spend time with.

Everything was quite sore from Tuesday, especially quads and bi's. I was a little bit apprehensive to do upper body since my traps were still destroyed from secondary support on pinwheels, but it's already thursday and it shouldnt hit them much at all. I am going to concentrate on getting rid of that habit, but it should disappear after these first two weeks. Went into the gym with some intense bedhed today, looked like ace ventura hairstyle when he investigated at the sych hospital scene wearing a too-too.

Week 2 Blast (upper body 3)

Decline Dumbell Press, 90ea/11rp (went up from 80ea/16rp)
            *my stretch was red-faced death! some pretty boy bastard always thinks I need some spot because they think I'm trying for a Fly rep, those motherfuckers always ruin my happy place focus in stretches!

SMith Military, neutral grip, 60ea/13rp, up from 55ea/16rp
            *did narrow length instead of wide grip to skip movement of my sore traps

Incline Seat Angled (single hand)DUmbell Press, 35lb/13rp
            *definitely switching out, hits the seat with my natural movement no matter how I tried, will switch to laying flat bench dumbell skull hybrid, still got what I needed for the effort though

Seated Reverse Grip Straight bar Pulldown, reg grip 210/15rp
            *huge pump

Seated Cable Row with short straight bar, reg grip
            150l/14ss 4 min 150/9ss, huge pump aswell as forearms
            * extreme lat stretch with 20 lbs (using dip belt with modified dumbell hook, 50 seconds)

I use to throw on 90 lb dumbell for this stretch before I stopped and was doing well, but I think I should ramp up again and make sure my back is not being pulled quite as hard. My abs use to get sore as hell from supporting the pulling strangely.

Everything went like clockwork today and swollen as hell. My back muscles are EXTREMELY sore after relaxing on this chair for the past hour or so. Looking forward to Saturday's MSU FOttball homecoming game against Wisconsin I'll be headed to with the family and relatives. This is always full of memories. I will plan on getting what ever bad carbs downed before 3-5pm if I hit up buns for my food and don't just cutup my chicken and down it. Life is too short to worry about tailgate woes.
            Last edited by pnutbutter81; 10-20-2011, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X