Delta's DC log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta's DC log

Been lurking a long time. Been reading a lot. Finally decided to start posting.

I'm currently 5'7, current weight being 225, max weight I achieved was 250-260 lbs but unfortunately I had to lean down to personal reasons. Goal is to hit 240-250 again, with a fair level of leanness, although I have no problem gaining weight. My ultimate goal is becoming the biggest and strongest mofo around, and who knows, getting the Olympia one day

Started out when I was 16, really took things seriously around 17, weighting around 150lbs, and at 19 I managed to get to 250lbs and increase my lifts by a shitload.

I've done two blasts in the past, both of which ended at week 4 due to some issues. The first blast ended due to health and over training related issues, the second one ended when I injured my anterior deltoid due to poor planning and stupid exercise selection by my part. Since then I've been doing random "powerbuilding" routines waiting for my injury to heal. Had enough of waiting an finally felt secure enough for another blast.

Still have one week left to rest before I start my blast, still thinking about exercise selection and a few other things, but this is how it looks like so far:

A1
    DB Incline 20-30RP
    BTN Smith Press 15-20RP
    PJR Pullovers 20-30RP
    Neutral-grip (shoulder width ) pulldown 15-20RP
    HS Iso Row 1x8-12SS; 1x4-8SS

A2
    DB Curl 20-30RP
    Pinwheel Curl 11-20SS
    Standing Calf Machine 11-12SS
    HS Standing Ham Curl 15-20RP
    Back squat, 1x4-8SS, 1 widowmaker 20-25SS

B1
    Incline Bench Press 11-20RP
    DB Shoulder Press 20-30RP
    RGBP ( ? ) 12-20RP
    Assisted Chin Machine "Pulldown" ( read below ) 12-20RP
    Rack Pulls from mid-low shin 1x8-12SS; 1x4-8SS

B2
    Preacher Curl 20-30RP
    Reverse Cable Curl 11-20SS
    Leg Press Calf Raise 11-12SS
    RDL's ascending sets of 6
    Front Squat 1x4-8SS
    Cybex Leg Press, widowmaker 20-30SS

C1
    Flat DB Press 20-30RP
    SHIPS 15-20RP
    Dips ( ? ) 15-30RP
    Reverse Grip Pulldown 15-20RP
    T-bar Rows 1x8-12SS; 1x4-8SS

C2
    Incline DB Curl 20-30RP
    Lying Rope Hammer Curl 11-20SS
    V-Squat Calf Raise 11-12SS
    Seated Ham Curl 20-30RP
    V-Squat 1x6-8SS; 1x widowmaker 20-30SS

As anyone can see, I really did my homework lol
    The lifts I marked with a ( ? ) are exercises I'm not sure about, as they may injure my elbows and shoulder, which are problem areas for me, so they may change before start the blast.

The Assisted Chin Machine "Pulldown" is something I've come up with some time ago. Basically it's simply an assisted chin, talking 3 seconds up, holding the contraction for a while at the top then a very controlled negative. Not sure if I'll include this in my blast, still haven't done it consistently to see if it's worth it.

Anyway, glad to be finally posting here, looking forward to learn more and help, but mostly learn!

I'll try to post some pics showing my progress until this point.
    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Lookin huge bro. subbed.

Do you post on tnation?

Comment

Yes I used to post there. Lately they've kinda "silenced" me for disagreeing with a few authors and their magical supplement claims.

Thank you

Alright here's what progress been so far:
      (The attachment tool wasn't uploading the pics, sorry for using imageshack )

178 lbs
      http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/23990219.jpg/

230 lbs
      http://imageshack.us/f/853/230o.jpg/

230 lbs back shot
      http://imageshack.us/f/94/8d952030120110032.jpg/

250lbs
      http://imageshack.us/f/825/dscn1336q.jpg/

250 back shot
      http://imageshack.us/f/52/dscn1340w.jpg/

Currently 225
      http://imageshack.us/f/263/11082011486.jpg/

Wheels at 225-230
      http://imageshack.us/f/17/wheelsl.jpg/
      "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Lookin good bro, do you have any competition plans for the future?

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
          Been lurking a long time. Been reading a lot. Finally decided to start posting.

I'm currently 5'7, current weight being 225, max weight I achieved was 250-260 lbs but unfortunately I had to lean down to personal reasons. Goal is to hit 240-250 again, with a fair level of leanness, although I have no problem gaining weight. My ultimate goal is becoming the biggest and strongest mofo around, and who knows, getting the Olympia one day

Started out when I was 16, really took things seriously around 17, weighting around 150lbs, and at 19 I managed to get to 250lbs and increase my lifts by a shitload.

I've done two blasts in the past, both of which ended at week 4 due to some issues. The first blast ended due to health and over training related issues, the second one ended when I injured my anterior deltoid due to poor planning and stupid exercise selection by my part. Since then I've been doing random "powerbuilding" routines waiting for my injury to heal. Had enough of waiting an finally felt secure enough for another blast.

Still have one week left to rest before I start my blast, still thinking about exercise selection and a few other things, but this is how it looks like so far:

A1
          DB Incline 20-30RP
          BTN Smith Press 15-20RP
          PJR Pullovers 20-30RP
          Neutral-grip (shoulder width ) pulldown 15-20RP
          HS Iso Row 1x8-12SS; 1x4-8SS

A2
          DB Curl 20-30RP
          Pinwheel Curl 11-20SS
          Standing Calf Machine 11-12SS True DC style?
          HS Standing Ham Curl 15-20RP
          Back squat, 1x4-8SS, 1 widowmaker 20-25SS

B1
          Incline Bench Press 11-20RP
          DB Shoulder Press 20-30RP
          RGBP ( ? ) 12-20RP Elbows should be fine with this. I too have elbow issues and the only thing that gets a uncomfortable is my shoulders if the bar path isn't quite right.
          Assisted Chin Machine "Pulldown" ( read below ) 12-20RP
          Rack Pulls from mid-low shin 1x8-12SS; 1x4-8SS

B2
          Preacher Curl 20-30RP
          Reverse Cable Curl 11-20SS
          Leg Press Calf Raise 11-12SS
          RDL's ascending sets of 6Nice! True RDL setup for DC
          Front Squat 1x4-8SS Why just one set? Shouldn't it be and 8-10 and then a 5-8? Just curious..
          Cybex Leg Press, widowmaker 20-30SS

C1
          Flat DB Press 20-30RP
          SHIPS 15-20RP
          Dips ( ? ) 15-30RP
          Reverse Grip Pulldown 15-20RP
          T-bar Rows 1x8-12SS; 1x4-8SS

C2
          Incline DB Curl 20-30RP
          Lying Rope Hammer Curl 11-20SS
          V-Squat Calf Raise 11-12SS
          Seated Ham Curl 20-30RP
          V-Squat 1x6-8SS; 1x widowmaker 20-30SS

As anyone can see, I really did my homework lol
          The lifts I marked with a ( ? ) are exercises I'm not sure about, as they may injure my elbows and shoulder, which are problem areas for me, so they may change before start the blast.

The Assisted Chin Machine "Pulldown" is something I've come up with some time ago. Basically it's simply an assisted chin, talking 3 seconds up, holding the contraction for a while at the top then a very controlled negative. Not sure if I'll include this in my blast, still haven't done it consistently to see if it's worth it.

Anyway, glad to be finally posting here, looking forward to learn more and help, but mostly learn!

I'll try to post some pics showing my progress until this point.
          Whats the matter? Not and Indigo fan....
          Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

you mean it wasnt thier supp's that got you jacked?
            Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
            -John Ceasar

Comment

Originally posted by smookey View Post
              Lookin good bro, do you have any competition plans for the future?
              Thank you brother. I plan on competing one day, not anywhere in the near future. I wanna step on stage when I've put on enough size do to some damage.

Originally posted by mateus View Post
              You mean that 400$ bottle with berry pigment pills that only lasts two weeks ? Lol, yeah, definitely not a fan.

Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
              you mean it wasnt thier supp's that got you jacked?
              Actually it was food and training, but don't say that on Biotest board, the authors will have a fit and say I'm lying, fat or on steroids, then tell you to buy Indigo or overpriced glutamine. I don't consider myself jacked yet, but thanks man

Comment

Forgot to answer the questions you've made in the quote.

Yes, calf done the DC way. For the FS, I'm doing only the heavy set, then the widowmaker on the Cybex Leg Press, because my shoulders give out before I can get a decent amount of reps in on the FS.

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                  Forgot to answer the questions you've made in the quote.

Yes, calf done the DC way. For the FS, I'm doing only the heavy set, then the widowmaker on the Cybex Leg Press, because my shoulders give out before I can get a decent amount of reps in on the FS.
                  Gotcha. So FS WM is out of the question....:dance:
                  Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

alright, here's what I did today, basically been following my DC template this week with straight sets and light weights.

21-09-2011

-DB Preacher Curl
                    warmed up with the 25 and 35 then
                    45x12
                    45x12

- Reverse Cable Curl

3 platesx15
                    3 platesx15

- Standing Calf

100x12
                    110x12
                    110x12

- RDLs

220x6
                    264x6
                    310x6
                    355x4

- Back Squat

I didn't really counted reps here, but I'll try to guess

310x10
                    355x10
                    400x6

- Leg Raises

2 sets

- Sit-ups

2 sets

Comment

Gotcha. So FS WM is out of the question....:dance:
                      For now... maybe one day!

Comment

LMAO at "light weights."

You are strong as fuck.

Comment

09-22-2011

Did 30 minutes cardio today on the treadmill.

The plan was 20min on the StairMaster but since there was a line to use those I went for to the treadmill. There was a Seinfeld re run playing at the little TV they have on top of the machine so I just went the extra 10 mins, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ch3v3ll3 View Post
                            LMAO at "light weights."

You are strong as fuck.
                            Haha thank you man, but not that strong!

Comment

Freaking excited, next week starts my fucking blast. About time.

09-23-2011

- Incline BB

220x10
                              245x10
                              265x10

Wanted to hit 280 but decided to leave something in the tank for next week, probably gonna start my RP with 265 or 275.

- SHIPS

145x12
                              170x12
                              200x6

- RGBP

worked up to 265x10, taking it easy on the elbow.

- Bent over low cable row

13 plates x15
                              15 plates x13

- DY Row

worked up to 3 plates x 12, this machine really feels weird on my back.

Comment

Working...
                              X