Post Deployment Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Deployment Journal

After talking with lhart about my routine and what might benefit me most with my goals I have decided to go with a 5/3/1 on a 3 day split. M,W,F. I can do 4 or 5 days if need be, and am open to suggestions. Since I was messing with an auto dealer today no gym. Wednesday and Friday I am going into to 'test' my weight levels and see where I should be starting. Additionally since I work out alone (and help the wife some too) I will be using dumbbells and cables more than barbells (except for things like dead lifts, squats, etc).

The problem I am having at this moment in time is my lack of understanding. I want to know the best place to find a SOLID 5/3/1 platform for a beginner (not even novice yet) who wants more size without becoming a total fat fuck.

I know there is a huge difference in what I look like at 210 lbs right now vs. what I SHOULD look like.

Again I am not looking for 'on stage' physique but not fat big slob either.

If I can just get some recommendations to find a solid routine I'd appreciate.

J
    "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=33524

this thread has a lot of info on 5-3-1 variations. my advice would be kkep it simple do your main lift, then 2 accessory lifts ie bench then do some row variation and something for tris or shoulders, do abbs on squat /deadlift day.

estimate your max a little light. do conditionig work on off days,get a big tire, normally u can get a good size tire for free from a tire dealer they will have an old one that needs hauled off, flip it drag it beat the shit out of it with a sledge hammer etc. just start out aabout 10 min and work up. just break a sweat.

ill try to get you some links with more info/ideas later today
    Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
    -John Ceasar

Comment

Welcome back bro,, good luck with the routine!
      "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
      2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
      2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
      2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
      2002 NPC Western Carolina:
      2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

I'll be looking into that tonight.

J
        "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Comment

Check your PMs.
          "Nobody gives a **** about your six pack when you weigh 175 pounds". -M.R.

Journal

Comment

PM finally replied to. I've been allowing distractions to side bar me. Between getting my new truck, my 'go fast car' delivered, work, and trying to keep some people on the wagon its not been easy to take the time to go to the gym. Thank god this weekend helped fix alot of shit.

J

George Patton

Comment

Long story short I have fell off the wagon and today is not a climb back on day. One of my good buddies from deployment crashed his car and is in the U of A trauma center in Tucson. So forget the gym tonight, I gotta go see him.

I finally have my routine in mind, and am still researching but I am getting there. Sadly much to slowly.

George Patton

Comment

Again nothing but spinning my wheels. I seriously despise that my current work situation has me this stressed.

J

George Patton

Comment

Working...
                X