Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LuNa's Training Journal

Short introduction:
    Im currently 24 and living in The Netherlands. I have had a journal ever since i started on a different website more catered to Powerlifting. As my interests started to drift more towards bodybuilding, i decided it was time to start a new journal on a more BB oriented website.

Current Stats
    6 feet, 200.6 lbs
    Squat: 6x330lbs
    Bench: 6x185 (have not benched in a while, so this has likely dropped)
    Deadlift: 6x405lbs

Training background:
    Started out with Starting Strength that i followed for 6 months. After that, i did several cycles of 5/3/1.
    As of June 2010, i have been following Hyperthrophy Cluster Training (HCT-12). Im still using the upper/lower split training 4 days a week, however i have slowly added a little more volume (still relatively low volume, 2-3 worksets per exercise) and taken away the clusters.

Nutrition background:
    When i first started off, all i read was that i had to eat big to get big. I did just that and gained 20lbs in less than 3 months. A lot of it was fat, which is why I then did my first "cut" and dropped those 20lbs in about 4-5 months.

I started with HCT-12 far from lean, but decided to focus on adding mass first. I gained around 30lbs this time in 6 months, ending up at 246lbs. As of January 2011, i decided to do a cut to finally get to a decent BF, before starting a much slower and more controlled bulk.
    I have now been dieting for 26 weeks and have so far lost almost 46lbs.

Currently
    Im finishing the last couple of weeks of my diet before i go on holiday (about 3-4 weeks left). After that i will be looking to start a long, slow gaining phase.
    My Training Journal

Monday's session

I will post this weeks sessions to kick things off. Over here we use kg's, so the weight listed first are kg's, lbs are in brackets.

DB Incline
    10x32's (70's)
    10x28's (62's)

High Incline Smith presses
    7,2,2x50kg (110lbs)

DB Row
    10x52's (115's) <- each arm
    10x52's (115's) <- each arm

Low cable row
    9,6,5x12 (no idea what weight, setting 12 on the weight stack)

Cable tri ext
    14,5,4x25
    My Training Journal

Comment

Tuesday's session

Squats
      6x150kg (330lbs)
      20x110kg (245lbs)

GHR
      10xBW
      10xBW

Pull throughs
      20x40kg (90lbs)
      20x40kg (90lbs)

BB Curls
      7,4,2x40kg (90lbs)

DB Hammer Curls
      4x20's (45's) "Run the rack" 6x9's (20's)

Standing Calf Raises
      3x8x90kg (200lbs)
      Last edited by LuNa23; 07-01-2011, 02:58 AM.
      My Training Journal

Comment

Wednesday's Cardio

60 mins of LISS on the eliptical, HR @ 135

Did some ab work and light stretching.
        My Training Journal

Comment

Thursday's session

DB Incline
          4x34's (75's)
          9x30's (65's)

T-bar Rows
          9x85kg (185lbs)
          14x65kg (145lbs)

Cable Row
          10x12
          12x10

Dead stop Skull Crushers
          11,5,4x20kg (45lbs) <- Weight plates only

Side Laterals
          6x16's (35's) "Run the Rack" 6x9's (20's)
          My Training Journal

Comment

Subbed.

When did your squat hit 330???

Comment

Welcome, I'll be following this a bit. I'm actually living in Holland right now as well, where about do you live?
              Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by ch3v3ll3 View Post
                Subbed.

When did your squat hit 330???
                Just hit it on Tuesday. Not sure why, but my squat has never felt better. Maybe the added focus on hamstrings is helping.

Good to see you found my journal :p.
                My Training Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
                  Welcome, I'll be following this a bit. I'm actually living in Holland right now as well, where about do you live?
                  Thanks. I live in Tilburg at the moment, originally from Breda. How about you?
                  My Training Journal

Comment

Subbed.

Comment

Originally posted by LuNa23 View Post
                      Thanks. I live in Tilburg at the moment, originally from Breda. How about you?
                      Den Haag right now. I was wondering about your T-bar rows, do you do them old school style or on a machine? I tried them on a machine the other day and they felt like ass, now I know what Skip was referring to in Longevity (and how he fucked up his back multiple times using one).
                      Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
                        Den Haag right now. I was wondering about your T-bar rows, do you do them old school style or on a machine? I tried them on a machine the other day and they felt like ass, now I know what Skip was referring to in Longevity (and how he fucked up his back multiple times using one).
                        We have a bar bolted to the floor. I use a neutral grip attachment because it increases the ROM for me. Rows with a close, neutral grip seem to work very well.
                        My Training Journal

Comment

Absolutely, I mostly use a close neutral grip for pretty much every type of row except barbells variations (simply because you can't). Using the v-bar handle for cable or t-bar rows really hits my mid back well (like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V-_LwSF_oM).

Comment

No cardio/weights today. Carbs are kept low, around 50-60 grams. Protein will be close to 300 grams and fat right around 90-100 grams.

Depending on how i feel tomorrow, i might have a carb load on Sunday. I felt a bit tired and flat today but it got better during the day.
                            My Training Journal

Comment

Cant get this song out of my head:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooZwmeUfuXg[/YOUTUBE]

Very catchy.
                              My Training Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X