Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ddubb9965
    replied
    Just finished 10 minutes of wind sprints. Getting ready for a long walk with the puppy and calling it a night. Pretty uneventful so far, I know. Taking it easy on this cut, the sooner it heals the sooner I can get back to picking shit up.

Leave a comment:

• ddubb9965
    replied
    Rained this morning so no fasted cardio. Diet is staying on track today though.

I am down to 229 this morning, so I'm continuing the slow pattern down.

If my games get rained out tonight I'll be updating with a workout, hopefully I can find some things to work on that won't irritate the wrist.

Leave a comment:

• dafox
    replied
    I finally made it over!!

Leave a comment:

• ddubb9965
    replied
    Woke up....half hour brisk walk with with the puppy. 4 eggs + 1/2 cup egg whites.

On a positive note, last week I got down to 230lbs on Friday...peaking at 229.5 Sunday morning before stuffing myself silly. Already this week, this morning I'm 230 even. The trend means that by Friday or Saturday morning I'll be about 227.5-228. I'm happy with this progress.

Leave a comment:

• ddubb9965
    replied
    Originally posted by slide View Post
    WTF happened to your avatar? hahahha....

Good luck with the training and the strongman (as well as your other goals). That stuff looks like a lot of fun...tough, but fun nonetheless.

-slide
    I thought this one was an improvement.

Leave a comment:

• slide
    replied
    WTF happened to your avatar? hahahha....Wasnt there a pink butt there previously?

Good luck with the training and the strongman (as well as your other goals). That stuff looks like a lot of fun...tough, but fun nonetheless.

-slide

Leave a comment:

• ddubb9965
    replied
    Diet...

7am-3 eggs + 1/2 cup egg whites
    930am-Banana and 2scoops whey
    1130am-6oz chicken breast + cup of rice
    3pm- 2oz cashews
    430-5pm-2scoops whey
    7pm-8oz chicken breast + cup of spinach

add an apple and an orange to hold me over throughout the day.

This will be the typical diet on lifting days.
    Last edited by ddubb9965; 05-02-2011, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ddubb9965
    replied
    I've never had motivation to get up and do fasted cardio, but now with a 5 month old puppy starting this morning I'm doing a half hour of liss cardio 3-4 times/week

Tonight I wanted to give deadlifts a shot. Haven't pull in a few weeks. I have this huge gash on my wrist I was hoping wouldn't be an issue....but had to stop the lifting short because it started opening back up.

BW Wide Grip Pullups (something I've always sucked miserably at....too heavy for my strength)
    BW x 15RP. I was going to do banded pullups after deads....but like I said...that got short.

Deadlifts
    135x5
    225x5
    275x5
    315x5
    365x3 add belt and straps
    385x1
    405x1 - Then the cut started breaking open so I called it a day for lifting

5min Concept 2 rower going all out drove home and walked the puppy again for 30 minutes.
    Last edited by ddubb9965; 05-03-2011, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LG1
    replied
    Good luck with whatever you decide to go with :-)

Leave a comment:

• ddubb9965
    replied
    Too many thoughts trying to come out at once...this really looks like a clusterfuck.

Oh well...will report first workout tonight.

Leave a comment:

• ddubb9965
    replied
    Obviously grip strength is a key component for any strongman competition....and something I am lacking in severely. So this will be a focus 2-3 times a week from now until the competition.

I don't have access to a tire or stones right now, but plan to work with Bix and another strongman local at least a few times over the course of the next month and a half to get some practice on this. 250lbs stone over bar and 500lb tire flip....doesn't sound too threatening to me as I grew up around farms and am used to picking up heavy awkward shit all the time.

Leave a comment:

• ddubb9965
    replied
    Currently...

I pulled something in my right quad early last week...been resting/icing it all week. It's getting better but not 100% yet. I also managed to cut myself pretty good this weekend right at the base of my palm...which might limit me pressing for a week or two. If it's not abundantly obvious, I'm accident prone. Or just plain dumb. No, go with accident prone.

As I stand this morning I'm 233lbs (6'3). One MAJOR goal of mine to to get in shape...for once in my life get to a manageable/respectable bodyfat level and stay there. If it's 10% great, if it's 12% fine...just need to get there and stay there.

425lbs PR on Deadlift....would like to see that and more before the competition. The competition has a car deadlift in it. Described to me as a sort of a farmer's rack dead. My gym has a HS Squat lunge machine
    http://www.olympicfitnessclub.com/images/squatlunge.jpg
    with a capacity of 765. Going to work up to capacity for max reps in 60 seconds as training for the comp. I've done 585x5x3sets so far on that with more in the tank.

For the axle press (max weight) I've been working a lot on my clean, front squats and push presses together and separately. My goal for the competition is 255lbs. Currently my PR is 225 with probably another 5-10lbs that I could add. I really wish I had bumpers for this.

Leave a comment:

• ddubb9965
    started a topic Droppin' Plates part II

Droppin' Plates part II

As my last post in my old journal was year ago, shortly after (probably on the 475x4 rack dead)

Link to old journal...
    http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=31474

I tweaked my back....putting me out of the game for a bit. My intentions were to do a strongman competition, but after hurting myself, I lost all motivation to do so....and went back to being a lazy bum. Not giving it my all in the gym, slacking on dieting...and lost much of progress I had made leaning out prior to hurting myself. After softball season ended, I at least stayed steady with my workouts....but didn't have the drive to kill it. Add to the fact that a new girlfriend, transferred and relocated 2.5 hours from home, it was really hard to focus. Fast forward to now, I've been steady again with diet and routine, and have found motivation once again to do a strongman competition.

BIX is hosting one at the York Barbell Company in PA at the end of June, and yours truly (if all goes as planned and no major set-backs) will be competing in my very first strongman competition. In the novice class...since I'm quite obviously a novice. I don't know if it's something I will stick to, or just something to try to say I've done it...I guess we'll see if it is as fun as I expect it to be.

In the past few months I've been free-balling it in the gym, going in with only a plan to do either presses/pulls or event training which invariably includes a heavy bout of legs. Other than that, I've been pretty much doing anything the comes to mind in the gym...no structure...just to go in and kill whatever it is. I'd like to start keeping track of certain lifts to track progress and any issues I could be having.
Working...
X