SSB Box Squats (roughly 160ls of chain)
    185x2
    225x2
    275x1
    add predator briefs
    315x1
    365x1,1
    405x1

Not a very good workout. i woke up at 5;30 to do some work (I own a landscaping business) so I could make it to the gym by 10. every rep felt like crap except the 405. I could not get into the groove.

I had to leave after this in order to meet the guys at my house that were delivering the grassfed cow that i ordered.

Here is my youtue page with a bunch of videos of me and my training partners. I am the really goofy looking guy http://www.youtube.com/user/adelman337

Followed you and JR on IA, until i packed my bags and left.

Will follow here now.

Now we just need JR to start posting here again.
    Last edited by vkk; 04-25-2011, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Good to see you here, looks like your strength has been going back up.

Comment

Good to see you posting again

Any meets planned or just working out and getting stronger?

Mmmm grass fed cow...

Independent Powerlifting

Independent Powerlifting on Facebook

Comment

Thanks for stopping by guys. As of now I have no meets planned. Some of the guys I train with are now focusing on strongman stuff, so I am mainly just having fun right now. I got so beat up last year and am enjoying not hurting everyday. I still put the briefs on some but have not touched the suit or shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by adelman337 View Post
            Thanks for stopping by guys. As of now I have no meets planned. Some of the guys I train with are now focusing on strongman stuff, so I am mainly just having fun right now. I got so beat up last year and am enjoying not hurting everyday. I still put the briefs on some but have not touched the suit or shirt.
            Have you thought about trying a strongman competition?

Comment

I have but not real seriously. Right now I am just happy to get in two days a week and am just trying to get stronger. This time of year I am working at least 50 hours a week.

This week is a deload week so nothing much to post about.

Comment

Deload week
                Squats (as warm up)
                135x5,5,5 as deep as I could go, done, done mainly just to loosen the legs

Push presses
                155x a bunch of reps
                I had one of the oly guys at my gym helping me with form. My form still sucks but a few of the yips he gave me made the lift 100x easier.

Sled
                Db incline
                65x10
                70x10
                75x10

I really need to work on my wrist flexibility. Trying to learn the proper push press form put a lot of stress on them. But once I get it down it should help the log and axel out a ton.

Comment

Awesome on the grass fed cow johny my uncle used to raise them for a hobby. I have grass fed chickens at my shop, it's pretty cool.

i know how you feel . its starting to get hot as FUck and workouts are getting tougher the more us outsiders get beat down by the sun! glad your biz is busy

Comment

You are going to be working twice as much when the sun finally comes out after the sunshine.
                    FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
                    If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

I know what you mean about push presses putting pressure on your wrists, I tweaked my right wrist a couple weeks ago and it's still bothering me. The log and axle are much easier on your wrists though.

Comment

Crusher I am hoping it gets better over time. I will be working on my wrist mobility.

DE wide stamce SSB box squats (green bands)
                        205x2,2
                        245x2,2,2,2,2,2

DE deficit deads (100lbs chain)
                        225x2,2,2,2,2,2

Stone shouldering
                        200lbs x 1 time on each shoulder for three sets

Sled
                        Walked around 2 miles home.

Not a bad session. I needed the light week. Next week we start piling the weight back on again.

Comment

SSB Squats
                          335x1
                          385x0,1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryUyFFkVVko
                          I have not done free squats in months it felt weird but good. On my first set of 385 I was not tight enough and got pinned mid way up.

Defect stiff legged deads
                          315x5
                          405x3,5

Accessory stuff.

For not doing regular squats in a while I was pleased. I am going to keep doing free squats on Tuesday's and still use the box on Saturday's.

Comment

Nice one.

Are those TK sleeves you are wearing?
                            FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
                            If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCaesar View Post
                              Nice one.

Are those TK sleeves you are wearing?
                              Thanks John!
                              The knee sleeves are from EliteFTS. One of the guys I train with bought them and they were too tight for him. I typically use my rehbands but have found that my knees are not as achy after when wearing the elites.

Comment

Working...
                              X