Space Pilot 3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Pilot 3000

Thanks for stopping in to check things out...now let's get down to business. I've been lifting since Dec08 with ups and downs in regards to results, but with a consistent love of the iron. Last time I tested, my maxes were sitting at 335/260/400. Since Dec10 I've done 7 abbreviated mesocycles (usually skip wave D) of a 5/3/1 variation, have been screwing around for the past couple of week, and now I'm starting back up with the 5/3/1 triumvirate. So far it has been the most productive training program I've followed, outside of my newbie gains, so I hope that will continue while I try and lose more BF. :hungry:
    Andrew_s

4-24-11

5/3/1: Triumvirate

C1WA

B. Squat
    180x5
    205x5
    225x5

Lunge

Leg Curl

Getting back into the swing of things. Going from free squats to box squats for a while, so weights are starting low enough to use good form. I'm trying to keep my stance a little more narrow than a typical box squat to see if it has a good carry over. Lunges trashed my VMO and glutes. :twitch:
    Andrew_s

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_s View Post
      Thanks for stopping in to check things out...now let's get down to business. I've been lifting since Dec08 with ups and downs in regards to results, but with a consistent love of the iron. Last time I tested, my maxes were sitting at 335/260/400. Since Dec10 I've done 7 abbreviated mesocycles (usually skip wave D) of a 5/3/1 variation, have been screwing around for the past couple of week, and now I'm starting back up with the 5/3/1 triumvirate. So far it has been the most productive training program I've followed, outside of my newbie gains, so I hope that will continue while I try and lose more BF. :hungry:
      Wow, our similarities are uncanny. Lifting around the same length and around the same lifts and I think similar age as well. It's a shame I am soo much better looking:first::hysterica

your text colour choices suck though.

:overana:
      39, 6', 216.5lbs~~Lifting since Dec '08~~MY LOG->Like a Monkey on a Cupcake
      RAW!!! 340/240/428/T=1008 (Dec 1st @211.5lbs)
      "MOTHER FUCKER LIFT HEAVY WEIGHTS EXPLOSIVELY.
      IF YOUR SLOWING DOWN OR STRUGGLING TAKE SOME WEIGHT OFF!”

Just something I need to keep in mind.

Use KGM143 as a discount code at True Protein for a nice discount.

Comment

Green and purple are where it's at. With the black background, holy shit, my 3 favorite.
        Andrew_s

Comment

Hello heavenly blessed beauty whose inner beauty and beauty is simply divine and everlasting...

in.

Comment

That was beautiful, in a disturbing way.
            Andrew_s

Comment

C1WA

Bench
              (NG)
              180x5
              165x5
              205x6
              (WG)
              225x1
              235x1

Pause DB Bench, Hammer Grip
              65x12,11,8,8,8

Inverted Rows, Hammer Grip/Chains
              BWx8x5

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaR338uJ_l0[/YOUTUBE]

Moved in my grip on bench and it lowed the reps more than I figured it would. I take that as a good sign that I can make some progress on it, unless my diet is finally tanking my strength. :rain: I went WG for a couple singles to see how my wrist would react. So far so good, but it still feels a little off.

I figured out a better way to do the chain inverted rows as I was doing them (using 2 chains for longer "handles"), but still plan on getting some pvc pipes to use as grips so I don't need the...*cough* gloves. :hysterica
              Andrew_s

Comment

Nice gloves...

Okay, that was awkward.
                FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
                If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCaesar View Post
                  Nice gloves...

Okay, that was awkward.
                  Thanks. I was just watching Madonna - Lucky Star and figured it worked for her...
                  Andrew_s

Comment

C1WA

SLDL
                    220x5
                    250x5
                    285x8

GMs
                    135x12x5

Abs

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpNMSlLR8b4[/YOUTUBE]

Treating GMs as more of an assistant lift (as they are) rather than going heavy. I'm using them to hit the hamstrings and lower back, while getting some hit drive to help with squats. Did janda situps for the first time, and even though they didn't feel like much, I was cramping almost right away. Nasty little bastards. :drama:
                    Andrew_s

Comment

you know its kinda fucked as i reas your post i hear frye's voice narrating,

so why stiff legs instead of regular deads?
                      Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                      -John Ceasar

Comment

Heh. I normally sumo deadlift, but I'm using SLDL for a few cycles to strengthen my hamstrings and lower back.
                        Andrew_s

Comment

C1WA

Incline Bench
                          115x5
                          130x5
                          150x10

Dips
                          BWx12,12,12,10 (maybe one more set of 12, lost track/didn't record)

Chins
                          BWx5,5,4,4,3

Using a closer grip on bench. This lift has always been a weakness (70lbs less than flat), so I'm going to try and fix that. With the different grip and the incline there is a huge dead zone near my chest, so hopefully this will lead to the development of some power when that gets straight.

Going lower on dips and all the way down to a stop on chins. Trying to fix a bunch of form issues and imbalances the next few months.
                          Andrew_s

Comment

5/3/1

C1WC

Squat
                            205x5
                            230x3
                            260x5

Squat (form work, singles)
                            225x1x6
                            245x1x2
                            265x1
                            285x1
                            295x1
                            (added knee sleeves/support)
                            300x1
                            315x1

Planks

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGJglI_Ym5A[/YOUTUBE]

I had pretty bad form on my work sets today, so I did a bunch of singles and tried various stances. I dislike going over 3 reps on squats, no doubt. I'll be sticking with the 5/3/1 that's been good to me, but I have a good idea how I'll be changing squat day to make some improvements so I can get over 350. This'll be my only log, and I'm going to concentrate on it and make sure I'm consistent with it. No more lapses, heh.
                            Andrew_s

Comment

If your working on form IMO I would be suggesting you use lighter weight with more reps to get the form locked down, instead of singles with increasingly heavier weight.
                              2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
                              2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
                              2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
                              2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
                              2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
                              2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
                              *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
                              88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
                              88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X