Mikes log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikes log

I usually post on IAs but want to start a journal here. I am currently training for a meet in July and am trying out one of Josh Bryant's routines. Last two:
    Thursday:
    Pause bench
    255x3
    275x3
    295x3
    315x3
    335x3

T&G 315x5
    wide grip 265 2x6
    dead bench 295 4x1
    flys 3x10
    front raise 3x15
    hammer curl 3 sets
    plank 3 sets

Today:
    Squat 295 6x3

Deadlift
    warmup
    445x2
    495x2
    385 6x3 (60 sec rest)

Bent over row 205 3x5
    shrugs 315 3x15
    sl dead 265 2x8
    spread eagle situp 3x12

You have to love the barbie jeep!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL48_3iTq3o
    Last edited by tank96; 04-22-2011, 08:08 PM.

Are you Mike96 on IAs Mike? I was looking at your #s and I was like damn why doesn't he post his journal on IAs, until i made the connection lol

Comment

It is Joe. Plan on keeping it going on both boards. I have been a member here since 2005 and mostly lurked. Good group of experienced lifters here. Good to talk to you!

Comment

Sweet! It's going to be good seeing your log again. Any new PRs lately?

Comment

Thanks for asking. Pulled a pretty easy 605 a couple of weeks ago. Everything else has been on hold as I brought up my crappy deadlift. John has revamped my pulling style and my diet. I am down from 257 to 243. Johns still my trainer but I wanted to give this new routine its day in court. Hows your training going?

Comment

damn wish id seen the barb jeep before i deadlifted today, serious motivation.

bullshit aside you made those lifts look easy
            Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
            -John Ceasar

Comment

Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
              damn wish id seen the barb jeep before i deadlifted today, serious motivation.

bullshit aside you made those lifts look easy
              Thanks. The joys of having a daughter!
              I split my training between my home gym and a garage gym. I always have a hard time deadlifting at home.

495 at home.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTNguYjmaE

545 at other gym.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx-3LpTCaJk

Everything above 5 plates feels heavy as hell at home.
              Last edited by tank96; 04-22-2011, 10:22 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=tank96;869255]Thanks. The joys of having a daughter!
                mine has out grown barbie gettn real damn close to wanting the keys
                Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                -John Ceasar

Comment

damn posted in wrong place my brain is addled sorry mike
                  Last edited by lhart6272; 04-23-2011, 01:43 PM.
                  -John Ceasar

Comment

LOL @ daughter motivating for the big weights, that would do it for me too. My deadlifts till sucks, but everything else is going up at an appreciable weight and my body comp is improving like yours. Awesome weight loss , when does the tanning oil and banana hamock go on?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeFromIA View Post
                      LOL @ daughter motivating for the big weights, that would do it for me too. My deadlifts till sucks, but everything else is going up at an appreciable weight and my body comp is improving like yours. Awesome weight loss , when does the tanning oil and banana hamock go on?
                      LOL, You found me out brother! I dont know if I have the discipline for serious dieting but it may happen one day. I am going to start wearing a hammock under my singlet to smooth the transition.

Comment

miked96? i followed you on IAs as the infamous Sushi.

Will follow you here now.

Comment

Originally posted by vkk View Post
                          miked96? i followed you on IAs as the infamous Sushi.

Will follow you here now.
                          Thanks for stopping in man. I plan on keeping it going on both boards.

Comment

It's funny that you mention that deads feel heavier at home than at the gym. I'm just the opposite. Of course, it could be the type of gym that you lift in. The commercial gym I used to belong to was so damn distracting I couldn't focus. Plus, I love my setup at home... just how I want it
                            It takes work to get things done, but in reality not getting things done is a lot more painful. -Knickerbocker24

Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? Fuck you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit. -Jim Wendler

My 5/3/1 Journal

Comment

Bench
                              Form Work up to 315

CG Bench 275 2x8
                              military press 165 2x8
                              rear delts 3 sets
                              abs 6 sets
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4PNgEUnRWE
                              I got a flip camera for Christmas so I film everything, expect a lot of videos.

Comment

Working...
                              X