Marauders All in one Freak Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marauders All in one Freak Journal

Hey guys, I couldnt really pinpoint this journals purpose as I am in the middle of prep (6 weeks out this sat) and will be starting my bulk very much after the contest!

For now it is simple going to be update snipits since I just want to get the ball rolling. The main reason I am making this journal is because once my contest is over I will be working with skip and am already apart of the team but waiting in the wings, figured having a journal for all to access(mainly him) and see all sorts of updates will only do me good.

I am horrible at these which is why I am not putting any pressure on myself to list every little rep and set right now.

Questions/comments are very welcome as I enjoyed lurking this forum but want to be apart of it!
    Use AWB592 to get 5% off of your order at Trueprotein.com and help out a university student.

Chest/Core/Cardio on the plate today

I dont do anything complicated for my exercises, few pressing movements,weighted dips,flyes.

Cardio has been 45 mins a day switching from HIT one day to high incline tread+ stepmill the next. I also walk a mile and a half to the gym and the same back so there is a lot of uncounted cardio in there.

6 weeks out tomorrow :O
    Use AWB592 to get 5% off of your order at Trueprotein.com and help out a university student.

Comment

Finished up with cardio and had some wicked post stepmill veins across my quads, looking like everything is coming in a lot better then the last contest feathering was in full force.

Comment

Good luck w/your show!
        "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
        2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
        2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
        2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
        2002 NPC Western Carolina:
        2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
          Good luck w/your show!
          Thanks!

Did back/core/cardio today. Ive always felt at home doing back workouts pulling movements...deadlifts etc tis a fun time. refeeding tomorrow and the first refeed ive had in...a while.

Everythhing is coming in nicely for me compared to last time.

Comment

looking good.
            how old are you?
            what show?
            what happened last time?
            "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
            J.M.

Comment

Originally posted by bouncer dave View Post
              looking good.
              how old are you?
              what show?
              what happened last time?
              21(birthday was january 14)

Im doing the 2011 MABBA Provincial championships

came in way to heavy at 205lbs, disagreements with the guy I was working with, he didnt change my diet (or much of my training) the entire time, still had me carb up for 3 days straight starting wednesday which was beyond me if I wasnt in shape..

That pic I have up is old to a degree, it was 2 weeks out of my first show which was the novice before this and I didnt look anything like that on stage.

6 weeks out now and I look even better then I do in that pic!

EDIT: i think it is worth mentioning but I used to be overweight so something like this is a massive step for me, not sure if this will work http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...1&id=545335550 it is just a photo album on facebook, I have a fat pic in there.

Comment

at least you learnt from the mistakes made . and now you will be in very good hands with skip.
                good luck with the show, and keep up with the log.
                "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
                J.M.

Comment

Originally posted by bouncer dave View Post
                  at least you learnt from the mistakes made . and now you will be in very good hands with skip.
                  good luck with the show, and keep up with the log.
                  not only will I be in good hands but more importantly for a bulk, im doing this prep somewhat on my own but getting help like opinions from people etc.

This bulk will be especially important since ive never really worked towards gaining wait(always been trying to lose weight in the back of my mind) so it will be good to have a proffessional in my corner.

Ill be keeping up the log for sure.

Comment

Good luck with your show!
                    Joe

Contest History:
                    2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
                    2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
                    2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
                    2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
                    2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
                    2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

Hey all, sorry for the absence ive been in and out of the doctors office and only concerned about my health at this time. I have as they say an inflamed liver and something is up with my thyroid, I suspect this is due to the high protein diet and strenuous training + something to do with my prep when it comes to my thyroid.

Because of this and the medication I have had to start paying for, for the time being I have had to drop out of the comp as I am more concerned about getting things fixed + with medication is costing me 75 dollars a bottle atm and as a student ive got to pick and choose.

Good news is I am still training but starting my bulk early, just not with skip as I had planned, I emailed him about holding my deposit for the time being and will use him for my prep for the next novice. It's sort of live to fight another day...just not as dramatic!

as for training I am using the 4 day split of dc training starting next week it will be complete with pictures/weights etc starting on sunday.

Comment

did a 30 min walk this morning before my first meal, slamming down a Chest/Shoulder/Tri workout this afternoon fueled by some steak/yams

Comment

Chest/Delt/Tri

Incline Smyth Press 245x5+1+1=7 RP

Seated DB Press 65x9+5+3=17 RP

EZ Bar Skullcrusher 75x14+7+5=26 RP

Chest Stretch 60x44 Seconds

Shoulder Stretch Bw x 1 min

Tricep Stretch +45 x 53 Seconds

Finished up the workout with some core work, today I ended up over guessing what I was going to get, but it's destroying yourself in the gym that counts. Each one of these reps were done with as controlled form as possible on the negative and explosive on the positive.

Comment

Bicep/Forearm/Back Width/Back Thickness

DB Preacher Curl: 45x 11+5+4=20 RP

Reverse One Arm Cable Curl: 30x12

Bicep/Forearm Stretch: 50 x 1 min 13 seconds

Lat Pulldown: (Setting 12) x 8+4+3=15 RP

Rack Deadlift: 405x8 , 315x12

Lat Hang: BW x 30 seconds , 12 seconds

This was an awesome workout mostly because I hit all of my rep ranges especially with my rack deadlifts! Still getting used to DC training again, did not get the best of grip when I started my back stretch so I decided to do 2 attempts, next time ill get the straps properly wrapped around the handles.

Finished the workout again with some core work and called it a day, I also did a 30 min walk this morning before meal 1.

Comment

Calves/Hamstrings/Quads

Seated Calve Raises: 2platesx12 (5 seconds down, paused for 15 seconds at the bottom)

Seated Leg Curls: 105x12+7+6=25 RP

Hack Squat: 5plates(per side) x8 3platesx23

Best workout in a long time, dug deep with the squats and came out hurting, threw in some core work again along with my stretches for quads and hamstrings. It was a pretty short workout, just over an hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X