Hookers... Blow... & Health?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hookers... Blow... & Health?

OK starting up a log here so that I do not clog up Joe's log with my rambling...

36, 5'9 200ish#'s 20%ish bf and I like long walks down the stroll... been lurking here for years, reading and learning.

I powerlift for fun and to have goals in training, I have trained for years with no goals and it has been on again off again love affair, now that I have a goal I train much more consistently. I only have 2 meets behind me but I am learning and having fun with them.

Last meets results were: @198 - Loose single ply gear.
    Squat - 450/501/529 - this was high, but I got whites?
    Bench - 275/NL/NL - Jumped to 335 (my best gym lift, dumb)
    Deadlift - 424 - Was tired and ready to go home, but it was better than last meet.

After the meet I was sore... both shoulders were impinged and for some reason I could only squat about 4-5" high as I would just lock up. :crutch: Lots of rehab, dropping weight down and checking ego to work on form and I am working towards a meet in August this year as I am no where ready for the meet at the end of May.

The goal this year is to hit 181's or about 190 BW and lifts moving up, would really like a 500DL... but we will see how that goes.
    Trained with Wes from IA and now training with John (exmgtoo) so I will only be posting main lifts out of respect.

There might be some health talk in here as I am really getting into the eating/living healthy and currently taking a great seminar by the owner of my gym, someone I hold in high regard when it comes to rehab & healthy living.

There is no reason not to be strong, conditioned, flexible and healthy and I guess this is my journey to get there....

Independent Powerlifting

Independent Powerlifting on Facebook

Missed out on deadlifts this week, GF's dad was in town, went for dinner instead. Might throw them in with squats tomorrow depending on how I feel.

Apr 16 - Pin Press ss/assisted chin/pull ups
    shoulder warm up... playing around with this...
    barx10x4
    95x5x2
    135x5x2
    185x5
    225x5x2
    5 pull/chin ups between every set... my fat a$$ and weak back requires the green band, but I think I could hit the blue next time. In total 40. (this is my add-in not John's..LOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gks_Jwgv_I

Accessory completed. Tired.

Independent Powerlifting

Comment

nice lifting kutter

Comment

love the title
        Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
        -John Ceasar

Comment

Apr 17 - Squat & DL's

Changed it up a little today as I missed DL's this week.

Paused Squats
          barx10x4
          95x5x2
          135x5x2
          155x5
          155x5 - wide stance, wanted to try..... ouch...

185x3
          225x3
          275x2 - ugly... felt heavy but I need to get used to feeling some weight on my back
          315x1 - very ugly and cut it high as it didn't feel right... done

Deadlift
          155x5x4
          225x5x2
          315x5x2 - kept it light as form was breaking...

Dimel DL
          225x5x2

Some other stuff and done... not a stellar day, but I got in and got something done.

Independent Powerlifting

Comment

Youre not trying to do box squats are you? Or are you just using the box as an indicator of depth?

Comment

Originally posted by kutt3r View Post
              Apr 17 - Squat & DL's

Changed it up a little today as I missed DL's this week.

Paused Squats
              barx10x4
              95x5x2
              135x5x2
              155x5
              155x5 - wide stance, wanted to try..... ouch...

185x3
              225x3
              275x2 - ugly... felt heavy but I need to get used to feeling some weight on my back
              315x1 - very ugly and cut it high as it didn't feel right... done

Deadlift
              155x5x4
              225x5x2
              315x5x2 - kept it light as form was breaking...

Dimel DL
              225x5x2

Some other stuff and done... not a stellar day, but I got in and got something done.

squats and "heavy" deads :scared:makes my stomach hurt thinking about it
              Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
              -John Ceasar

Comment

So, am I supposed to comment here or over at IA?
                FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
                If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCaesar View Post
                  here.

because here, the forum admin is actually strong.

Comment

You and I could be asked the same thing?
                    39, 6', 216.5lbs~~Lifting since Dec '08~~MY LOG->Like a Monkey on a Cupcake
                    RAW!!! 340/240/428/T=1008 (Dec 1st @211.5lbs)
                    "MOTHER FUCKER LIFT HEAVY WEIGHTS EXPLOSIVELY.
                    IF YOUR SLOWING DOWN OR STRUGGLING TAKE SOME WEIGHT OFF!”

Just something I need to keep in mind.

Use KGM143 as a discount code at True Protein for a nice discount.

Comment

Originally posted by vkk View Post
                      here.

because here, the forum admin is actually strong.
                      Dude, this makes no sense.

Originally posted by KGMike View Post
                      True.
                      FEAR THE FROG

If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Originally posted by KGMike View Post
                        Where ever you like JC & Mike, you should know I value your opinions where ever it might come... It will be the same WO posts here, but I might get a little more chatty here with the health stuff, which I will avoid on IA's as I am not verified, so I will just avoid the chatter there, that and with Joe missing, there is no one there to really talk about it with.

Independent Powerlifting

Comment

Apr 19 - Paused Bench
                          shoulder warm up
                          barx10x4
                          95x5x2
                          135x5x2
                          155x5 - felt really light so bumped 10# from last time
                          185x5x2 - had more in the tank.. shoulders are feeling good now that I have moved the grip in a little... digging bench again

Trap Bar Shrugs - lovin' these
                          295x15 - 2sec hold at top
                          315x15 - 2sec hold at top

All other accessory.... Added in the shoulder warm up at the end with a little more weight and dropped the reps a little going to see how that works out for a bit.

Independent Powerlifting

Comment

Originally posted by kutt3r View Post
                            Where ever you like JC & Mike, you should know I value your opinions where ever it might come... It will be the same WO posts here, but I might get a little more chatty here with the health stuff, which I will avoid on IA's as I am not verified, so I will just avoid the chatter there, that and with Joe missing, there is no one there to really talk about it with.
                            Imma gonna comment on both logs and give conflicting information. :runaway:
                            FEAR THE FROG

Comment

Imma gonna comment on both logs and give conflicting information. :runaway:
                              That would be awesome... then I can try and combine them both and come up with a new training scheme and market it

Apr 20 - Targeted Lifestyle Class
                              Last night was all about metabolic typing... we discussed Pottenger's cats in detail... now that was disturbing. As with anything there are two arguments to a story, but it is how we interpret it and make the best decisions for ourselves. (There seems to be enough collaborations in the studies with cats and current issues that are becoming more predominant with us...)

Personally I am willing to give the metabolic typing a fair shot and give it a solid try for a few months and see if I notice a difference, just really hoping it tells me that I should not be eating vegetarian, as I cannot say that I would give that a fair shake...

We also got into a great 'debate/discussion' about genetics and epigenetics of disease, it is great because there are a few people in the class that are in the medical field and while the discussion is sometimes a little high level, it is always explained matter of factly.

It is very nice to be around people that are 'health' minded that are after a common goal, but have different ways of getting there. Almost makes me want to do crossfit.... (the seminar is held at the crossfit gym, which if it had a power rack I would probably move to...the eye candi is far superior down there...)

Independent Powerlifting

Comment

Working...
                              X