Johns time to get strong journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
    damn man your crushing shit in here. i take a little time off and i come back in and see you hitting big numbers! very impressive lifts especially for your bodyweight. seems like youve found a good groove as to what works for you. how are the headaches? better since youve stayed away from the widowmakers some?
    Hey, thanks man. i'm more so about 180 daily now..some fat..but I found out I love eatting to much to eat clean so often..espically when the sport doesn't matter if I eat clean or not. lol

But yea, 531 seems about perfect for me. By far my favorite program.

Ya I haven't had one problem /w headaches from staying away from them. I'd like to work it back in..but I dont wana deal /w that head ache again. lol
    Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
    Use discount code JHN125

Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

Comment

• I swore I had posted in here, and I guess I didn't! Damn, nice weights your lifting. Nice work on the dead and squats too!

And I agree on being nice with people who bitch. Luckily ,I work out at 6 am, and most people there are just as nuts so they don't mind heavy lifting lol
      Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
      BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

• Originally posted by 7_Deadly_Sins View Post
        I still have a huge mental block on the 20 reppers..I might just up the weight and make 15 the new widow maker. lol
        You joke, but I'm the same way. 15 I can do, but there's now something about 20 that stops me. Just remember what Dante said, that there's no magical rep range, it's the steady progression of weight in the same rep range that adds muscle.

So fuck 20 reps, I say add 20 pounds and go for 15 reps again.
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

• Originally posted by Glyder View Post
          I swore I had posted in here, and I guess I didn't! Damn, nice weights your lifting. Nice work on the dead and squats too!

And I agree on being nice with people who bitch. Luckily ,I work out at 6 am, and most people there are just as nuts so they don't mind heavy lifting lol
          Thanks for stoping by Glyder. Hope you can stay around here again for a while.
          God I'd hate to workout that early, but if it the only time I'd have to suck it up. What time do you go to bed nightly? Around 9 or 10?

Originally posted by Archaeopteryx lithographica View Post
          You joke, but I'm the same way. 15 I can do, but there's now something about 20 that stops me. Just remember what Dante said, that there's no magical rep range, it's the steady progression of weight in the same rep range that adds muscle.

So fuck 20 reps, I say add 20 pounds and go for 15 reps again.
          15 feels like 20 now. lol I think if I ever go back to 20, I'd have to drop the weight and work my way up again.
          I'll probably slap on 15# next week and hammer it.
          Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Jan 19th Tuesday
            Week 2 Wave 4

Flat Bench
            5x100
            5x125
            3x155
            ----------
            3x180
            3x205
            3x+(5)230

Incline DB Press
            90x3
            80x6

Chest stretch
            60# 70 seconds

Kroc Rows
            105#
            R 16(20 total)
            L 6(to total)

Cardio
            10 mins high intensity

Notes: WTF @ rows and this workout in general..I need new music. And I don't know wtf happened on the rows..other than I didn't have my chalk, which shouldn't have made them suck so bad.

Also never doing DB press again. Almost blocked out on rep 1 of 90#..going to do incline BB so I can progress better..probably 1 heavy set RPd and be done /w it.
            Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• blacked out on DB huh? That's interesting.
              Use DISCOUNT CODE * RNP618 * to SAVE UP TO 10% on your order from trueprotein.com!

YOU DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU STAND UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT YOU WON'T RUN AWAY.

My DC log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36083-t...eative-11.html
              My Photo Journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36117-h...tml#post671774

Comment

• Originally posted by --XXX-- View Post
                blacked out on DB huh? That's interesting.
                Came close..started seeing stars, and felt light headed.
                Holding my breath, again.
                Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAaMEEX7u2o[/youtube]
                  Jan 21st 2010
                  Wave 4 Week 2

DeadLift
                  5x175
                  5x215
                  3x260
                  --------
                  3x305
                  3x350
                  3x+(9)395

Ab machine

85# 22
                  100# 12
                  100# 10

Cardio
                  Ran for 10 mins, did some sprints at the end.

Notesecent workout, I literally had 1% out of 100% of chalk on my hands at the end of the workout.
                  I think I might have been able to squeeze out 1 more rep out, but I didn't want to take a chance on hurting myself.

I'm also applying at the school gym to be a trainer, hope I get it.

Oh and get this, a guy that works there told me not to make so much noise, same guy as last time. He told me he asked someone and they said you can't power lift there, I'm like wtf? So I guess if I get asked I'm bodybuilding. lol Or doing HIIT, in a custom manner.
                  Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Originally posted by 7_Deadly_Sins View Post
                    Thanks for stoping by Glyder. Hope you can stay around here again for a while.
                    God I'd hate to workout that early, but if it the only time I'd have to suck it up. What time do you go to bed nightly? Around 9 or 10?
                    I plan on it

9 or 10? more like midnight. Yeah, I'm an idiot.

Nice deads
                    Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
                    BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

• Great job on the deads!!
                      "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                      2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                      2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                      2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                      2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                      2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

• Originally posted by Glyder View Post
                        I plan on it

9 or 10? more like midnight. Yeah, I'm an idiot.

Nice deads
                        Thanks
                        LOL I'm in bed by 11 nightly to get up at 6 50 -_-

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
                        Great job on the deads!!
                        Thanks brotha!
                        Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Jan 22nd Friday
                          Wave 4 Week 2

SoP
                          5x60
                          7 reps pull ups
                          5x75
                          7 reps pull ups
                          3x90
                          7 reps pull ups
                          --------
                          3x105
                          7 reps pull ups
                          3x115
                          7 reps pull ups
                          3x+(4)135
                          7 reps pull ups

shoulder stretch
                          60 seconds

Floor Press(Free weight, yes!)
                          7 reps pull ups
                          225x4
                          205x6
                          7 reps pull ups
                          185x10

Back stretch
                          150# cable row machine 30 seconds
                          Pulling lat stretch 60 seconds

10ish mins cardio

Notes: I suck at SoP.
                          Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Nice workouts dude. I like the technique of doing pullups between all your sets. Are 7 reps hard for you by the end of the workout, and do you think it effects the upper body lifts at all?

That's really annoying that the school gym doesn't want you deadlifting. You may not want to hear this, but if you really want to be a trainer there, I would listen to them and stop pulling there. Can you do to that other gym to deadlift? I would either go there, or drops deads, as much as you don't want to. It may effect whether or not they give you the position in the first place, and if you do end up with the job, they will expect you to abide by the rules even moreso than a normal gymgoer since you are representing the gym.

If you don't get the job, pull away
                            Please follow my blog. You can click "Follow" in the upper right hand corner. http://www.benbruno.blogspot.com/

Use BNB559 as a discount code at checkout from trueprotein.com for a hefty discount. You will not regret it.

Here is some of my lifting. Please subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bruno082985

Comment

• 7 reps are hard the first time I do them. lol I suck at pull ups for some reason. My lats are finally fried today though.
                              But nah I dont think they effect them in a bad way, I think they help my bench.

Meh, I'd rather deadlift then be a trainer tbh. The other gym has the awful hex plates and it's so nice to have the round ones.
                              I'm waiting on the lady to email me back about meeting her, I tried calling but I didn't get an answer..weird.

I also don't think she'll care that much, unless some of the upper management get a smell of it, the guy told me he doesn't care and most of the other people who work there don't care, it's just the upper people who're out of shape who do. lol Go figure.

But if I get the job and it pays enough, I suppose I could buy another membership. :frusty:

Originally posted by bruno View Post
                              Nice workouts dude. I like the technique of doing pullups between all your sets. Are 7 reps hard for you by the end of the workout, and do you think it effects the upper body lifts at all?

That's really annoying that the school gym doesn't want you deadlifting. You may not want to hear this, but if you really want to be a trainer there, I would listen to them and stop pulling there. Can you do to that other gym to deadlift? I would either go there, or drops deads, as much as you don't want to. It may effect whether or not they give you the position in the first place, and if you do end up with the job, they will expect you to abide by the rules even moreso than a normal gymgoer since you are representing the gym.

If you don't get the job, pull away
                              Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Monday Jan 25th
                                Wave 4 Week 3

SLDLs DBs

75# [15,6,4]

Ham stretch
                                35# 45 seconds

Squats
                                5x165
                                5x205
                                3x250
                                -------
                                Belt on
                                5x315
                                3x355
                                1x395
                                1x+(5)395

Quad stretch 90 seconds

Notes: Really good workout, I had to do 1 set of what I was going to use b/c 315 felt like 500. lol
                                Use discount code JHN125

Comment

Working...
                                X