Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johns time to get strong journal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good job on the PR keep it up
    Use DISCOUNT CODE * RNP618 * to SAVE UP TO 10% on your order from trueprotein.com!

    YOU DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU STAND UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT YOU WON'T RUN AWAY.

    My DC log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36083-t...eative-11.html
    My Photo Journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36117-h...tml#post671774

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 7_Deadly_Sins View Post
      Nov 17th Tuesday

      Pause Bench
      Warm Up
      5x100
      5x125
      3x145
      Work Sets
      5x185
      3x210
      1x+(5)235

      Incline DB
      90X3
      80X5 or 6

      Chest stretch
      60# 70 seconds

      Kroc Rows
      85#x28
      100#x12

      7 mins high intensit cardio

      Notes: Hit a big PR on bench today, and kroc rows. Had a really good workout.
      My legs are barely sore, from squat day.

      The cardio machine was weird as hell, so I had to quit early b/c I felt like it was taxing my legs, way to much.
      the new gym was pretty nice, I might end up joining, because it has a student discount of 120 for 4 months, so about 30 a month..might be worth it when I go to my new school. They actually have some round plates!!!
      a) nice PRs

      b) did you foam roll your legs?

      c) i hate cardio machines for high intensity stuff. I don't know how youc an do it lol.

      And yeah, hex plates suck for deadlifting.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
        Congrats on the PR
        Thanks V1!

        Originally posted by --XXX-- View Post
        Good job on the PR keep it up
        Thanks bud! Hope your workouts are going good!

        Originally posted by DJ Sprawl View Post
        a) nice PRs

        b) did you foam roll your legs?

        c) i hate cardio machines for high intensity stuff. I don't know how youc an do it lol.

        And yeah, hex plates suck for deadlifting.
        A) Thanks.
        B) Hell yes! Still am, too.
        C) The one I usually use isn't bad, but this one was murder lol
        I agree, fuck hex.
        Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
        Use discount code JHN125

        Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

        Comment


        • [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx_rWtn7iTM[/YOUTUBE]

          Nov 19th Thursday
          Week 3 Wave 2

          DeadLift
          Warm Up
          5x165
          5x205
          3x250
          Work Sets
          5x315
          3x355
          1x+(7) 395

          Crunches 25# plate behind my head
          1x12
          1x8

          7 mins high intensity cardio(weird machine again)

          Notes:
          Workout went pretty good.
          My stupid gym was closed again, but what can you do, it's free.
          I went to another gym(real powerlifting gym), and loved it..I think I'm going to join and start going once or twice a week. Met a real strong/nice guy named Ray, he just got about 1600 I think in the 201 class. He gave me some tips on my DL(oddly enough what Bruno has been telling me, hip drive)
          Also, using round plates made me want to have sex with them, haha. Such a difference in pulling!

          Found some new chalk too from a local store, not sure how I like it b/c I dont remember much. lol

          I felt like I could have gotten the last rep if I kept trying, but I didn't want to risk injury and be out of the gym for months.
          Over all good workout, I wish I could have gotten that last one, but better safe than sorry.
          Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
          Use discount code JHN125

          Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

          Comment


          • Friday Nov 20th

            Gym was closed, hurt my back from stretching of all things this morning. Kinda glad it was closed..probably a blessing in disguise.
            Next week is deload week, yippie!
            Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
            Use discount code JHN125

            Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

            Comment


            • Monday Nob 23rd
              Week 4 Wave 2

              Squat
              8x135
              4x225
              3x315
              1x355
              20x205

              Quad Stretch
              75 seconds

              SoP
              5x60
              5x70
              5x90
              2x135

              4 sets 5 reps pull ups

              2 sets 10 reps BW dips


              10 mins PWO high intensity cardio

              Notes: Deload, yay! Gona try going a little heaiver than useual to see if my DOMS wont be as bad, and I did a 20 set to try not to be as sore next week.
              Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
              Use discount code JHN125

              Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

              Comment


              • a 355 squat and 205 x 20 on a deload day? Ha, that's no deload for me. I know this isn't max effort for you, but why so heavy? Are you saying it's to keep your body used to the heavy weights?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DJ Sprawl View Post
                  a 355 squat and 205 x 20 on a deload day? Ha, that's no deload for me. I know this isn't max effort for you, but why so heavy? Are you saying it's to keep your body used to the heavy weights?
                  Yes, I noticed last time after the last deload it was like starting all over again for doing legs. It was to little last time, and I hope this time it wasn't to much.

                  Next time I might just hit the triple at 315 or so, and then do the 20 repper, just an experiment.
                  Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
                  Use discount code JHN125

                  Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

                  Comment


                  • 355 squat, Nice Job
                    "SET NO LIMITS"

                    "When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

                    2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                    2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                    2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                    2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                    2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                    2002 NPC North Carolina State:

                    Use Discount Code MMH353..

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
                      355 squat, Nice Job
                      Thanks bud


                      Tuesday Nov 24th

                      walked for 10 mins, ran for 10 mins, walked for 5 mins

                      Had a jogging class, decided not to go to the gym for cardio and just do it outside.

                      Not sore at all from yesterday, so I felt like I didn't over do it.
                      Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
                      Use discount code JHN125

                      Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

                      Comment


                      • Sup biatch.
                        Use DISCOUNT CODE * RNP618 * to SAVE UP TO 10% on your order from trueprotein.com!

                        YOU DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU STAND UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT YOU WON'T RUN AWAY.

                        My DC log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36083-t...eative-11.html
                        My Photo Journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36117-h...tml#post671774

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 7_Deadly_Sins View Post
                          [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx_rWtn7iTM[/YOUTUBE]

                          Nov 19th Thursday
                          Week 3 Wave 2

                          DeadLift
                          Warm Up
                          5x165
                          5x205
                          3x250
                          Work Sets
                          5x315
                          3x355
                          1x+(7) 395

                          Crunches 25# plate behind my head
                          1x12
                          1x8

                          7 mins high intensity cardio(weird machine again)

                          Notes:
                          Workout went pretty good.
                          My stupid gym was closed again, but what can you do, it's free.
                          I went to another gym(real powerlifting gym), and loved it..I think I'm going to join and start going once or twice a week. Met a real strong/nice guy named Ray, he just got about 1600 I think in the 201 class. He gave me some tips on my DL(oddly enough what Bruno has been telling me, hip drive)
                          Also, using round plates made me want to have sex with them, haha. Such a difference in pulling!

                          Found some new chalk too from a local store, not sure how I like it b/c I dont remember much. lol

                          I felt like I could have gotten the last rep if I kept trying, but I didn't want to risk injury and be out of the gym for months.
                          Over all good workout, I wish I could have gotten that last one, but better safe than sorry.

                          Good Job 7- really excellent progress.
                          Use DISCOUNT CODE * RNP618 * to SAVE UP TO 10% on your order from trueprotein.com!

                          YOU DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU STAND UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT YOU WON'T RUN AWAY.

                          My DC log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36083-t...eative-11.html
                          My Photo Journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36117-h...tml#post671774

                          Comment


                          • Nice deads damn....when's your meet?

                            Comment


                            • i didnt see you had a meet picked out. thats awesome. i think youll put up some great numbers!

                              are you gonna be able to train at the powerlifting gym fulltime?
                              Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 7_Deadly_Sins View Post

                                I went to another gym(real powerlifting gym), and loved it..I think I'm going to join and start going once or twice a week. Met a real strong/nice guy named Ray, he just got about 1600 I think in the 201 class. He gave me some tips on my DL(oddly enough what Bruno has been telling me, hip drive)
                                Also, using round plates made me want to have sex with them, haha. Such a difference in pulling!
                                Those pulls looked really good bro. It keeps getting better. That's awesome that you got to go to a good gym. I am jealous, and I bet that will help a lot. I'm glad the advice I was giving you wasn't bunk too, LOL.

                                I'd be careful having sex with the plates at least until you are a member at the gym. They might not like it. If you can't hold back though, at least wrap up first LOL.
                                Please follow my blog. You can click "Follow" in the upper right hand corner. http://www.benbruno.blogspot.com/

                                Use BNB559 as a discount code at checkout from trueprotein.com for a hefty discount. You will not regret it.

                                Here is some of my lifting. Please subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bruno082985

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X