3x85
    Pull Up Set 7 reps
    Work Sets
    3x105
    Pull Up Set 7 reps
    3x120
    3x+(6)135

Pull Up Set 7 reps
    Floor Press. Did some warm ups and did 3 sets of Pull Up Set 7 reps between them.

Work Sets
    365x3
    245x3
    225x7

Back stretch 165# 60 seconds

High Intensity Cardio 10 mins

Notes: Followed DJs advice, and loved it..pull ups were a ton eaiser..Did a few different grips. Wide grip, rack chins, nuteral grip etc.
    SoP felt better now that I lowered the weight. I still suck at it though, haha.
    Crazy all the dang pull-ups. Looks as if you accidentally typed in "Pull up set 7 reps" after every other entry. LOL. Oh, and what's your secret on the Floor presses. 365 x 3 is STROOOONG!
    Use DISCOUNT CODE * RNP618 * to SAVE UP TO 10% on your order from trueprotein.com!

YOU DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU STAND UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT YOU WON'T RUN AWAY.

My DC log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36083-t...eative-11.html
    My Photo Journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36117-h...tml#post671774

Comment

• Double dipping my posts, sorry, damn backspace fooled me. What happened to my delete option???
      Last edited by --XXX--; 11-13-2009, 05:19 PM. Reason: double
      Use DISCOUNT CODE * RNP618 * to SAVE UP TO 10% on your order from trueprotein.com!

Comment

• Originally posted by 7_Deadly_Sins View Post
        Friday Nov 13th
        Wave 2 Week 2

SoP
        Warm Up
        5x60
        Pull Up Set 7 reps
        5x75
        Pull Up Set 7 reps
        3x85
        Pull Up Set 7 reps
        Work Sets
        3x105
        Pull Up Set 7 reps
        3x120
        3x+(6)135

Pull Up Set 7 reps
        Floor Press. Did some warm ups and did 3 sets of Pull Up Set 7 reps between them.

Work Sets
        365x3
        245x3
        225x7

Back stretch 165# 60 seconds

High Intensity Cardio 10 mins

Notes: Followed DJs advice, and loved it..pull ups were a ton eaiser..Did a few different grips. Wide grip, rack chins, nuteral grip etc.
        SoP felt better now that I lowered the weight. I still suck at it though, haha.
        Glad you liked the advice. Much better numbers this way. And I love mixing up grips...switching up the grips keeps them from getting redundant and boring (to me at least).

Comment

• Originally posted by --XXX-- View Post
          Crazy all the dang pull-ups. Looks as if you accidentally typed in "Pull up set 7 reps" after every other entry. LOL. Oh, and what's your secret on the Floor presses. 365 x 3 is STROOOONG!
          Typo, plus it's on smyth machine, so it's -45 pounds, lol

Originally posted by DJ Sprawl View Post
          Glad you liked the advice. Much better numbers this way. And I love mixing up grips...switching up the grips keeps them from getting redundant and boring (to me at least).
          Ya I loved it. Mixed grip is a ton more fun. lol
          You see my entry about my legs not being sore? :P
          Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
          Use discount code JHN125

Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

Comment

• Strong work in here dude. I love watching you just hammer your numbers day in and day out. I think your militray press is pretty strong man.

Do you have a goal of getting bigger too or do you want to get stronger at the same weight? It seems like you have stayed about the same size so it seems like you and I are similar in that regard.

With the deadlifts, I think your form keeps improving, but I would really work on thrusting your hips through powerfully once the bar clears your knees. If you watch, espeically the later reps, your hips are leaning back and moving away from the bar, which means you are pulling back and trying to do it all with your back. Once the bar clears your knees, think about forcefull thrusting forward with your hips (like you're giving it to the bar) and flexing your glutes hard. That should help make the pull a little quicker and get you some more reps and weight on the bar.

Keep it up homie.
            Please follow my blog. You can click "Follow" in the upper right hand corner. http://www.benbruno.blogspot.com/

Use BNB559 as a discount code at checkout from trueprotein.com for a hefty discount. You will not regret it.

Here is some of my lifting. Please subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bruno082985

Comment

• Originally posted by bruno View Post
              Strong work in here dude. I love watching you just hammer your numbers day in and day out. I think your militray press is pretty strong man.

Do you have a goal of getting bigger too or do you want to get stronger at the same weight? It seems like you have stayed about the same size so it seems like you and I are similar in that regard.

With the deadlifts, I think your form keeps improving, but I would really work on thrusting your hips through powerfully once the bar clears your knees. If you watch, espeically the later reps, your hips are leaning back and moving away from the bar, which means you are pulling back and trying to do it all with your back. Once the bar clears your knees, think about forcefull thrusting forward with your hips (like you're giving it to the bar) and flexing your glutes hard. That should help make the pull a little quicker and get you some more reps and weight on the bar.

Keep it up homie.
              Hey Bruno!
              How's it going bro?
              Eh, I guess it's ok, it's deff the most humbling exercise there is. :P Thanks though.

I'd like to be bigger, and stronger. I've actually gained about 6 pounds in the last 6 months, and kept my BF % basically the same.

You're right about the DLs, i need to take yours and Jays advice, and focus on one thing at a time..I think that for DL is one of the main things I need to focus on.
              Thanks for the advice, keep getting strong!
              Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht0JBBNpS3A[/youtube]

Monday Nov 16th
                Week 3 Wave 2

Ham Curls
                130x6
                120x6
                110x6

Ham stretch 45 seconds

Squat
                Warm Up
                5x160
                5x205
                3x235
                Work Sets
                5x300
                3x340
                1x+(5)380

Widow Maker 275x20

Quad stretch 90 seconds

Notes: Fairly pissed off that I only got 5, almost had 6, but couldn't get it up! My goal was 7, but, I got more than I was originally spoce to get(1). Last month I got 6 I think, but now it's 10 pounds heaiver.

I gota find a gym to go to tomorrow, b/c mines closed. and I have a feeling I'm going to forget, and be at my gyms door steps before I remember.

Almost got into it /w some ass hole at the gym today.
                He was doing chest cross overs, on the ball thing. And I asked them if they'd please not stand in front of the mirror so I can see how far down I go, you're fine on the ball, just dont stand in front of it.
                And the idiot goes, I dont know who he thinks he is.

So, I replied with, Really, you can't do this one thing. Not stand in front of me, you're find there, just not in front of me.
                Then he got pissed off I guess and done his set..I mean really, was that something to get bent out of shape over, I'm not asking the guy to leave the gym.
                Last edited by 7_Deadly_Sins; 11-18-2009, 12:22 PM.
                Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Nice squats dude! Your form looks really good on those. I thought you were going to get that last one. So close!

You'll get it next time.
                  Please follow my blog. You can click "Follow" in the upper right hand corner. http://www.benbruno.blogspot.com/

Use BNB559 as a discount code at checkout from trueprotein.com for a hefty discount. You will not regret it.

Here is some of my lifting. Please subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bruno082985

Comment

• You didn't sound rude but sometimes there's nothing more you can expect out of someone than a "how dare you" attitude. At least you were the "better man".

On another note, I love to see people working out on stabilizer balls and balance boards, my wife used to tease me about 'how hard it is' and that I was 'afraid to try it'. It makes me smile. Today is the Ab's area of the gym one particular male indevidual was on his back doing bicycles with his legs, though, both in unison mind you. I thought to myself 'that has got to be the least Manly way to build abs I've ever seen', not to mention just as unproductive.:hurt:

Comment

• Originally posted by bruno View Post
                      Nice squats dude! Your form looks really good on those. I thought you were going to get that last one. So close!

You'll get it next time.
                      Thanks Bruno!
                      I did the back arch thing, Jay was talking about. Felt a ton better..kinda weird trying to get the bar in the right place, though.
                      Ya I was really close, I couldn't believe it when I started going down, haha.

Originally posted by --XXX-- View Post
                      You didn't sound rude but sometimes there's nothing more you can expect out of someone than a "how dare you" attitude. At least you were the "better man".

On another note, I love to see people working out on stabilizer balls and balance boards, my wife used to tease me about 'how hard it is' and that I was 'afraid to try it'. It makes me smile. Today is the Ab's area of the gym one particular male indevidual was on his back doing bicycles with his legs, though, both in unison mind you. I thought to myself 'that has got to be the least Manly way to build abs I've ever seen', not to mention just as unproductive.:hurt:
                      I was ready to crack him over the head with a plate, haha. Oh well, not my problem any more!
                      Tell that guy to squat!! lol That'd work his abs, big time.
                      Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Really nice form on those squats. Definitely looked more stable than in the last video.

Good luck on finding a new gym. I have lost my tolerance for almost all commercial gyms these days...when I'm older if I have the money I will definitely build a home gym.

Comment

• Nice effort on the squats! Cool ass music! Gettin strong bro, Keep it up!
                          "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                          2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                          2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                          2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                          2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                          2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Sprawl View Post
                            Really nice form on those squats. Definitely looked more stable than in the last video.

Good luck on finding a new gym. I have lost my tolerance for almost all commercial gyms these days...when I'm older if I have the money I will definitely build a home gym.
                            Ya Jays tips helped a ton, if you haven't read this thread, I highly recommend it.
                            I think I know which I'm going to go to..I just gota find someone to get me in, lol.

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
                            Nice effort on the squats! Cool ass music! Gettin strong bro, Keep it up!
                            Thanks bud!
                            Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Nov 17th Tuesday
                              Week 3 Wave 2

Pause Bench
                              Warm Up
                              5x100
                              5x125
                              3x145
                              Work Sets
                              5x185
                              3x210
                              1x+(5)235

Incline DB
                              90X3
                              80X5 or 6

Chest stretch
                              60# 70 seconds

Kroc Rows
                              85#x28
                              100#x12

7 mins high intensit cardio

Notes: Hit a big PR on bench today, and kroc rows. Had a really good workout.
                              My legs are barely sore, from squat day.

The cardio machine was weird as hell, so I had to quit early b/c I felt like it was taxing my legs, way to much.
                              the new gym was pretty nice, I might end up joining, because it has a student discount of 120 for 4 months, so about 30 a month..might be worth it when I go to my new school. They actually have some round plates!!!
                              Last edited by 7_Deadly_Sins; 11-18-2009, 12:22 PM.
                              Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Congrats on the PR
                                "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                                2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                                2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                                2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                                2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                                2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Working...
                                X