Johns time to get strong journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by --XXX-- View Post
    I dunno what my max would be since I haven't maxed out in years.
    I'm hoping 315 wouldn't be impossible but I'll wait til I can rep it on a blast instead, which I hope will be this blast for decline and by summer next year for incline...
    That works, haha.
    GL on that, 315 on incline for reps is impressive, then your next goal better be 405 for reps!!
    Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
    Use discount code JHN125

Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

Comment

• For the Kroc Rows, I work up to one heavy workset that I can pull for about 20 reps, so it looks like:

80 x 10 (warmup)
      110 x 17 (workset)

If your grip fails you, well thats part of the move. They will build massive grip strength and a better deadlift lockout, especially if you do them on a flat bench. As far as reps go, Jim and Matt K recommend in the area of 20.

Ha, it looks like foam rolling is paying off. Bastard.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Sprawl View Post
        For the Kroc Rows, I work up to one heavy workset that I can pull for about 20 reps, so it looks like:

80 x 10 (warmup)
        110 x 17 (workset)

If your grip fails you, well thats part of the move. They will build massive grip strength and a better deadlift lockout, especially if you do them on a flat bench. As far as reps go, Jim and Matt K recommend in the area of 20.

Ha, it looks like foam rolling is paying off. Bastard.
        So you only do one set of kroc rows? I'm doing fucking 3 haha.
        So should I stay at the weight I'm using now until I can get it for a clean w/o sitting it down 20? Or keep moving up till I can't get 20?
        Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Originally posted by 7_Deadly_Sins View Post
          So you only do one set of kroc rows? I'm doing fucking 3 haha.
          So should I stay at the weight I'm using now until I can get it for a clean w/o sitting it down 20? Or keep moving up till I can't get 20?
          Yes really I only do one set, lol. And I try to improve on that ]set every time I do them with erither more weight or more reps. I personally stop counting once I have to drop the weight. I'm not saying you have to do that but that's what I do. If I were you I would keep at the weight you're at until you can get a clean 20 then slowly move up every time you get more than 20.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Sprawl View Post
            Yes really I only do one set, lol. And I try to improve on that ]set every time I do them with erither more weight or more reps. I personally stop counting once I have to drop the weight. I'm not saying you have to do that but that's what I do. If I were you I would keep at the weight you're at until you can get a clean 20 then slowly move up every time you get more than 20.
            I might drop mine down to 1-2 sets then too. It's taking longer than I'd like tbh..plus by the 3rd set it starts to be a chore.
            I think I'll try that next time though. Thanks for the advice.
            Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• for kroc rows i like to get 20 reps on my first set and do 1 more thats heavier in the 8-10 range. if i get less than 20 on the first one i just stick with that weight the following week or however long it takes to get 20. for me i find my back can handle the alot more than my grip but the higher reps really bring my grip strength up.
              Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

• i got a phone call while i was typing that and see that DJ beat me to the punch on posting lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                  for kroc rows i like to get 20 reps on my first set and do 1 more thats heavier in the 8-10 range. if i get less than 20 on the first one i just stick with that weight the following week or however long it takes to get 20. for me i find my back can handle the alot more than my grip but the higher reps really bring my grip strength up.
                  Sounds similar to DJ.
                  After you fail, do you keep going to 20, or just quit?

"i got a phone call while i was typing that and see that DJ beat me to the punch on posting lol."

D/w man. :P Two people is better than one!
                  Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFccseyNOm4[/youtube]
                    Sorry about the video being so long..had to keep putting new chalk on.

Thursday Nov 12th
                    Week 2 Wave 2

DeadLift
                    Warm Up
                    Double over grip
                    5x165
                    5x205
                    3x250
                    Work Sets
                    3x295
                    Over/under grip
                    3x335
                    3x+(10) 375 PR!!

Weighted crunches
                    10# behind headx27
                    10# behind head x10

High intensity cardio
                    10 mins PWO

Notes:
                    Workout went great, managed to get 10, with the worst chalk in the fucking world. Lost count, and got 10, was really proud of my self, talk about a fucking huge PR.

My hands hurt, where the calises are, when I'm DLing, it's from the weight pulling them down, any suggestions?

The chalk fucking sucks! I'm getting some new stuff, now.
                    I need to start doing my ab work heavier.

In other news, my legs were 100% today. Hope DJ won't send me a box full of kitten bombs.
                    Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• [QUOTE=7_Deadly_Sins;720005I need to start doing my ab work heavier.
                      [/QUOTE]

Why?

I've found that the pre-made ez barbells make for a great weight. Set them up like a front squat then do your sit-ups.
                      Use DISCOUNT CODE * RNP618 * to SAVE UP TO 10% on your order from trueprotein.com!

YOU DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU STAND UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT YOU WON'T RUN AWAY.

My DC log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36083-t...eative-11.html
                      My Photo Journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36117-h...tml#post671774

Comment

• everything looks great to me with your deadlift form. your a little bit in front of the bar on your set up but get behind it as soon as you pull which is important. just pull up and back and through your heels.

i dont see anything to change. but im not the best deadlift technician in the world either.

Comment

• Originally posted by --XXX-- View Post
                          Why?

I've found that the pre-made ez barbells make for a great weight. Set them up like a front squat then do your sit-ups.
                          Donno, doing high reps is kinda boring, plus I dont think I'm getting that much stronger on them b/c of the rep range, maybe better at them..endurance wise.

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                          everything looks great to me with your deadlift form. your a little bit in front of the bar on your set up but get behind it as soon as you pull which is important. just pull up and back and through your heels.

i dont see anything to change. but im not the best deadlift technician in the world either.
                          Thanks Adam. You're stronger than I am, so you're a better DL technician than me. :P

I'm really trying to learn how to just get next to the bar, reach down and rip it, instead of taking 10 days to set up.
                          Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• you're on a roll with the PRs. good job and keep kicking ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by dropshot001 View Post
                              you're on a roll with the PRs. good job and keep kicking ass.
                              Thanks Drop! I try to get them every day I'm in there.
                              Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Friday Nov 13th
                                Wave 2 Week 2

SoP
                                Warm Up
                                5x60
                                Pull Up Set 7 reps
                                5x75
                                Pull Up Set 7 reps
                                3x85
                                Pull Up Set 7 reps
                                Work Sets
                                3x105
                                Pull Up Set 7 reps
                                3x120
                                3x+(6)135

Pull Up Set 7 reps
                                Floor Press. Did some warm ups and did 3 sets of Pull Up Set 7 reps between them.

Work Sets
                                265x3
                                245x3
                                225x7

Back stretch 165# 60 seconds

High Intensity Cardio 10 mins

Notes: Followed DJs advice, and loved it..pull ups were a ton eaiser..Did a few different grips. Wide grip, rack chins, nuteral grip etc.
                                SoP felt better now that I lowered the weight. I still suck at it though, haha.
                                Last edited by 7_Deadly_Sins; 11-13-2009, 11:03 PM.
                                Use discount code JHN125

Comment

Working...
                                X