Johns time to get strong journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Oct 3rd

20x 40 yard sprints..30 sec rest between each.
    Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
    Use discount code JHN125

Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

Comment

• Nice cardio session!
      "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
      2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
      2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
      2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
      2002 NPC Western Carolina:
      2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

• Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
        Nice cardio session!
        Thanks man! I kinda strained my left hammy..so I stretched the hell out of it..all good today

Sunday Oct 4th

Off day, did nothing
        Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Currently running the 5 3 1
          I plan to do my first contest hopefully in March, the last Sat in Macon..in the 181 or w/e class is under that..165 I think.
          if school is really busy I'll have to wait until Nov of the same year b/c it's only a 30 min drive.

My current best lifts are:
          DL: 380x6
          Squat: 350x7
          SoP: 145x5
          Bench: 225x6(worst lift)

This is generally my program.
          warm up
          1x5 40%
          1x5 50%
          1x3 60%

M
          1) Squats: 5/3/1
          2a) Front Squats or back squats: 3 sets of 10
          2b) GHR or Good Mornings or leg curls: 3 sets of 10

T
          1) Bench Press: 5/3/1
          2a) Incline DB Bench: 3 sets of 10
          2b) Kroc Rows: 3 sets of 20
          BB Shrugs 20-40

W
          Off

Th
          1) Deadlift: 5/3/1
          2a) Lunges: 3 sets of 10-20
          2b) Weighted Sit Ups or leg raises: 2-3 sets of 20

F
          1) Mil Press: 5/3/1
          2a) Dips: 3 sets of 10
          2B) Pullups: 3 sets of 10
          Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2dGPhDoS8g[/youtube]

Monday Oct 5th

Squat
            Warm up:
            1x5 170
            1x5 215
            1x3 240

Work sets
            1x5 255
            1x5 290
            Put on belt, need to break this thing in
            1x5+ (8) 330

Back squat
            225x10
            225x10

Extreme quad stretch 75 secs

Good morning
            80x5
            135x10

Felt like I was going to throw up, so I cut it short, and it took me about...30 mins to eat my PWO meal. lol

Workout went really good..no cardio b/c it's leg day..eatting a ton.
            I'm not sure if anymore after squats I'll do more squats..that's enough for me..I dont see the point of volume after legs, so if anyone has a good reason why I'm all ears.
            Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Nice job on the squats John. If I could offer some advice, I would suggest pushing your hips through/squeezing your ass at the top.

As far as the extra volume after the squats, that's really a personal preference. I do it because I like to acclimate my body to a higher workload and I believe it helps with my endurance. If you feel like you're getting all the benefits you need from your main set of squats, then by all means stick with that. Good for you for being smart enough to alter a template to your goals. Good luck bud. Looking forward to following this.
              The only difference between a dream and a nightmare is how big your balls are.

Comment

• Nice journal John. I like the training style. I will definitely follow.

I do big but boring squats after 531 squats, but that's only because my legs are small and weak. I do them with light weight (like 60% max) and a fast pace. Otherwise, I would just pick a lift that will help out your squat or addresses a weakness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Mc2 View Post
                  Nice job on the squats John. If I could offer some advice, I would suggest pushing your hips through/squeezing your ass at the top.

As far as the extra volume after the squats, that's really a personal preference. I do it because I like to acclimate my body to a higher workload and I believe it helps with my endurance. If you feel like you're getting all the benefits you need from your main set of squats, then by all means stick with that. Good for you for being smart enough to alter a template to your goals. Good luck bud. Looking forward to following this.
                  Sure thanks Mike, any time you wana offer advice feel free, I'm all ears.
                  I actually forgot to do the hip thing, I just found out how and I'm not use to it. And the ass thing I heard of before, but never applied it..generally if I can get it about 1/2 way up I can lock it out, but I'll deff keep that in mind and write it down for next weeks, I hope I can remember. lol

I know I wanted to die after the 330x8 and when I had another 20 to do I kinda died a little on the inside. :P
                  But really, it just made me even more sick to my stomach.

Originally posted by DJ Sprawl View Post
                  Nice journal John. I like the training style. I will definitely follow.

I do big but boring squats after 531 squats, but that's only because my legs are small and weak. I do them with light weight (like 60% max) and a fast pace. Otherwise, I would just pick a lift that will help out your squat or addresses a weakness.
                  Hey thanks man. Good program so far.

I don't know if I'm going to do squats again after the 531..I dont have much left in the tank after that killer last set..might just do form work..plus I hate volume so donno lol.
                  I don't really know what specific weakness I'd have on squats..so yea, just gona do some ham work. lol
                  Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• I'm glad to see you can count past 5! LOL, good luck with the new program. Are you planning any visits to competitions before March? In another year will you be doing WidowMakERS>>>>?

P.S. 330 X 8 AND I'M JEALOUS
                    Use DISCOUNT CODE * RNP618 * to SAVE UP TO 10% on your order from trueprotein.com!

YOU DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU STAND UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT YOU WON'T RUN AWAY.

My DC log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36083-t...eative-11.html
                    My Photo Journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36117-h...tml#post671774

Comment

• Originally posted by --XXX-- View Post
                      I'm glad to see you can count past 5! LOL, good luck with the new program. Are you planning any visits to competitions before March? In another year will you be doing WidowMakERS>>>>?

P.S. 330 X 8 AND I'M JEALOUS
                      What's up Rob.
                      Haha yea finally!
                      Yea I'm going to on Nov 7th. I wana see how it goes down before I do one.
                      Eh I might be..I was thinking today how bad I'll throw up doing them. lol
                      Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• 330x8, Nice set.
                        "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                        2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                        2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                        2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                        2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                        2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

• you have all the strength in the world but i'm going to give you some constructive criticism -

your technique isnt the worst, your back isnt rounding and your head is up which is good. you're pushing out on the belt with your diaphragm but not every rep, this is really important. also i think you might be going too narrow in your stance. you want to widen your stance and sit back, push your knees out, i'm sure you've heard it before.
                          Looking to clobber 1200 raw at 165 in may

Comment

• Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
                            330x8, Nice set.
                            Thanks v1!

Originally posted by dlingdwarf View Post
                            you have all the strength in the world but i'm going to give you some constructive criticism -

your technique isnt the worst, your back isnt rounding and your head is up which is good. you're pushing out on the belt with your diaphragm but not every rep, this is really important. also i think you might be going too narrow in your stance. you want to widen your stance and sit back, push your knees out, i'm sure you've heard it before.
                            Ya I can deff go wider, I'm just using a closer stance b/c that's what I like..when it gets closer to comp time I'll widen it a bit more..I just wana get big(ger) quads.
                            That's the 1st time I used a belt on Back squats really..still not use to it.
                            I don't get what you mean /w "push your knees out" you mean in the stance it's self, or part of technique to help drive up?

thanks a lot for the tips though, seriously.
                            Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Tuesday Oct 6th

Flat Bench
                              Warm up
                              5x95
                              5x125
                              3x145
                              ------
                              Put on wrist wraps
                              5x160
                              5x180
                              Pause bench..1-2 sec hold at bottom
                              5x+(8)205

Incline DB Press
                              10x50
                              10x45

Kroc Rows
                              20x50
                              20x50

Shrugs
                              135x30

Cardio:
                              10 mins high intensity cardio

Notes:
                              Workout went really good..I got sick again from damn Kroc rows..which I think are my new favorite excerise.

My heart rate on cardio has never been that low and I was going pretty hard..I acredit it to sprinting.
                              I haven't done shurgs in about a year or more so I didn't know how much weight to do..so I chose a light amount..I'll jump up more next time.

Oh and, first time using wrist wraps..glad I got some..really help with wrist support.
                              Last edited by 7_Deadly_Sins; 10-06-2009, 10:34 PM.
                              Use discount code JHN125

Comment

• Looking good man, what do you mean you got sick, tossed cookies sick? I'll have to try those.
                                Use DISCOUNT CODE * RNP618 * to SAVE UP TO 10% on your order from trueprotein.com!

YOU DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU STAND UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT YOU WON'T RUN AWAY.

My DC log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36083-t...eative-11.html
                                My Photo Journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/36117-h...tml#post671774

Comment

Working...
                                X