Droppin Plates w/ Ddubb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Droppin Plates w/ Ddubb!

FORWARD TO PAGE 4 FOR 2010 ROUTINE AND GOALS.

So I decided it’s time to start a journal. Some of you have seen me around (mainly in the pound), some haven’t so I’ll give a little back story. I’m 22 years young, have lifted seriously for 4 years or so. Spend every spare minute learning more and more about everything I can. Started DC’ing early last November, stopped in March do to the fact that I stay busy during spring and early summer and didn’t have the available time for the gym, nor the ability to keep my diet in check so I decided I’m best off not DC’ing until I can do both. Finally 4 months later, or so, I’ve got enough free time to handle it again. I’ve had 3 great blasts so far in my DC history. I went from 205 in November to 224 after my third blast and hadn’t gained an ounce of noticeable bodyfat. I’ve been able to maintain a solid 221-224 all summer, and kept my lifts the same or better at the same time. Now it’s time to go at it again so here’s my plan…

A1-Flat DB bench 20-30RP
    BTN Military Smith Press 11-20RP
    Incline Skullcrushers 20-30RP
    Lat Pulldowns Neutral Grip 11-15RP
    Floor Deads Heavy x 9-12 Heavier x 6-9

B1-Standing BB Curl 20-30RP
    Reverse Grip EZ Bar Curl 10-20SS
    Seated Calves SS
    Standing Hammy Curl 11-20RP
    Leg Press SS and WM

A2-Incline Smith 11-15RP
    DB Military 20-30RP
    CGBP Smith 20-30RP
    HS Lat Pulldown Underhand Grip 11-15RP
    HS Iso Low Row 11-20RP

B2-Seated BB Curl 20-30RP (I know many people probably wouldn’t like this exercise in their blast but in my experience so far it has worked GREAT!)
    Pinwheel Curls 10-20 SS
    Calves on Leg Press SS
    SLDL Smith Machine 15-20 SS
    Back Squat SS and WM

A3- Hammer Strength Decline Bench 11-15RP
    Hammer Strength Military Press 11-15RP
    RGBP Smith machine 20-30RP
    Widegrip Lat Pulldown 11-15RP
    T-Bar Row Heavy Set x 10-12 Heavier Set x 6-8

B3- Spider Curls 20-30rp
    Hammer Curls 10-20 SS
    Hack Squat Calves SS
    Lying Leg Curls 15-30RP
    V-Squat SS and WM

So there you have it. A basic routine for a basic guy. Would enjoy some advice on which exercises you’d replace for what, maybe rep ranges you don’t agree with (most are with reason though). Won’t be starting my blast until early next month so there’s plenty of time for discussion and trying out new things.

PS – Goals right now are to just get bigger all around. I’m roughly 224 and would like to see 240-250 by January or so, and am willing to give it one hell of a ride if I don’t make it!!
    Last edited by ddubb9965; 01-19-2010, 03:36 PM. Reason: i'm an idiot
    Originally posted by MoGeaYuglay
    "DC is for people who are seriously stuck or advanced (which a 16 year is not, even if they started training at 5y/o), here's 5x5 (insert madcow's link), you'll grow better with this
    -the management"
    "Any action without purpose is meaningless."

Been pondering what my new diet will be this time around and here's what i have so far. (This is where i need most help, i'm definitely no nutrionist lol)

8:00 - 6 egg white and 2 whole large eggs...probably throw a slice of cheddar in there just for flavor (plus a little old bay)

10:00 - 1 scoop whey and a cup of ground oats and perhaps a fruit..apple or orange or something like that.

11:30-12ish - This will be stuffed turkey/ham sandwiches on wheat. Maybe boneless breasts when I’ve got them cooked but basically something with a lot of meat. This is the one meal the will vary pretty often, but will always have a good amount of protein.

3:15-3:30 - can of tuna and a few handfuls of almonds (2oz.) Tuna is so quick and easy.

4:30 - preworkout shake (2 scoops whey), if i'm not seeing proper results i may add a couple tbspns of EVOO

6:30 - post workout shake (1 scoops whey)
    2 jelly sandwiches for pwo carbs

7:30-8 - relatively healthy dinner. either grilled chicken breast w/ mixed veggies or rinsed ground beef (sometimes with a couple whole wheat tortillas for tacos). In my macros i accounted for 10oz chicken breast and 10oz mixed veggies. I will start with that and adjust from there if i can eat more.

10ish -As of right now i'm doing 2 scoops and 2 tbsps of peanut butter but don't know if i should be. I'm too cheap to buy two different types of protein (i.e. casein), so i heard a decent alternative to casein protein would be to have some fat with the protein to slow down the digestion.

Total: 3810
    grams cals %total
    Fat: 104 934 26%
    Carbs: 313 1038 29%
    Protein:414 1654 46%

Any thoughts? I've got a lot of room in this diet to add more, but given that i don't have a metabolism like MilitaryMuscle (who does?), i figured i would start here and adjust after a couple months if i'm not seeing the results i'd like.
    Last edited by ddubb9965; 07-30-2008, 11:49 AM.
    "DC is for people who are seriously stuck or advanced (which a 16 year is not, even if they started training at 5y/o), here's 5x5 (insert madcow's link), you'll grow better with this
    -the management"

Comment

Shit yea, dude! Bout damn time!

Goodstuff man the blast list looks good!

do work
      Use discount code KEG432 for that 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com

"The brain can subjugate anything, even real pain."
      -Bruce Lee

Comment

Yeah, i'll see if i can keep up with the journal.
        -the management"

Comment

Yeah bout time, I'll be in from time to time to poke at you, uh I mean to comment at how you're doing. When you starting?
          So i'm old and married with four kids, help a brother out and use my code at www.truenutrition.com]discount code FRC245

If you walk in a gym and your mindset is basically two railroad ties and a boxcar short of a trainwreck......

Comment

Lol. damnit force that sounded gay. haha.

Yea...the natural warned me of jouranl laziness so i will warn u....when i started my first one everything was all pretty and organized and bolded and italicized....now? Nawww....just the shit now ,man.

but hey...it's a good time and a good thing to do to help track your progress and i have recieved alot of valuable comments and info through posting a journal
            Use discount code KEG432 for that 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com

"The brain can subjugate anything, even real pain."
            -Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by force245 View Post
              Yeah bout time, I'll be in from time to time to poke at you, uh I mean to comment at how you're doing. When you starting?
              Hey, we can't all be half wookie! Well my summer activities have finally slowed, softball season ends this week, gonna take a week or two to get organized (a pretty big flaw of mine, i only start something when i'm completely organized and ready for it), then hopefully start it up in the second week of august. The 11th probably.

Originally posted by iron05 View Post
              Lol. damnit force that sounded gay. haha.

Yea...the natural warned me of jouranl laziness so i will warn u....when i started my first one everything was all pretty and organized and bolded and italicized....now? Nawww....just the shit now ,man.

but hey...it's a good time and a good thing to do to help track your progress and i have recieved alot of valuable comments and info through posting a journal
              I think the best you're gonna get out of me is indents and hyphens...oh...and...ellipses...
              Last edited by ddubb9965; 07-30-2008, 12:11 PM.
              -the management"

Comment

I'm devising my very own offseason program at the moment so this topic interests me and thought I'd offer my advice IN BOLD:

Originally posted by ddubb9965 View Post
                8:00 - 6 egg white and 2 whole large eggs...probably throw a slice of cheddar in there just for flavor (plus a little old bay) why no carbs here?

10:00 - 1 scoop whey and a cup of ground oats and perhaps a fruit..apple or orange or something like that.

11:30-12ish - This will be stuffed turkey/ham sandwiches on wheat. Maybe boneless breasts when I’ve got them cooked but basically something with a lot of meat. This is the one meal the will vary pretty often, but will always have a good amount of protein.

3:15-3:30 - can of tuna and a few handfuls of almonds (2oz.) Tuna is so quick and easy. check the handfuls... i know 2 handfuls for me is much much more than 2oz of almonds

4:30 - preworkout shake (2 scoops whey), if i'm not seeing proper results i may add a couple tbspns of EVOO
                imo experiment with this. Try protein+fat for a few weeks and monitor energy/gains, then try protein+carbs... don't just have protein imo.

2 jelly sandwiches for pwo carbs
                theres a lot of differing views on pre/postworkout nurtion so experiment imo. But why would you want fructose pwo? i think you'd be better off with high GI carbs + fast digesting protein (whey + waxy)
                7:30-8 - relatively healthy dinner. either grilled chicken breast w/ mixed veggies or rinsed ground beef (sometimes with a couple whole wheat tortillas for tacos). In my macros i accounted for 10oz chicken breast and 10oz mixed veggies. I will start with that and adjust from there if i can eat more.

10ish -As of right now i'm doing 2 scoops and 2 tbsps of peanut butter but don't know if i should be. I'm too cheap to buy two different types of protein (i.e. casein), so i heard a decent alternative to casein protein would be to have some fat with the protein to slow down the digestion.
                check out milk protein isolate from tp. I wouldn't take whey iso/concen pre bed... i'd go with meat + fats + vege if need be

where are the omega 3's? few things ive learned from offseason... DO THE CARDIO. Stay relatively lean. Experiment!! Try lowering carbs and upping fat on off days. Try different pre/pwo nurtition. Monitor changes objectively. ALWAYS HIT YOUR MACROS!!

grams cals %total

Any thoughts? I've got a lot of room in this diet to add more, but given that i don't have a metabolism like MilitaryMuscle (who does?), i figured i would start here and adjust after a couple months if i'm not seeing the results i'd like.
                training-
                just remember to pick exercises that will hit your weaker points (ie- if weak chest, do cgbp, reverse bp, dips, for tricep movements, etc). Other than that looks great!

Comment

First off i REALLY appreciate the input, i've been looking for some more since (especialy w/ the diet) i'm still learning. I responded to you in the quote below in bold.

Originally posted by BULK_CITY View Post
                  I'm devising my very own offseason program at the moment so this topic interests me and thought I'd offer my advice IN BOLD:

Originally Posted by ddubb9965 View Post
                  8:00 - why no carbs here?
                  pro/fat meal.

3:15-3:30 - check the handfuls... i know 2 handfuls for me is much much more than 2oz of almonds
                  Needed a base number. I think 2 oz. = 22 almonds so i was going to start there and work my way up. Again this is going to be a guess and check for me.

4:30 - imo experiment with this. Try protein+fat for a few weeks and monitor energy/gains, then try protein+carbs... don't just have protein imo.
                  I may start off doing 2 tbspn evoo in this. I did last year with a much weaker diet and still gained pretty well, which is why i was thinking the fat might not be necessary in this.

theres a lot of differing views on pre/postworkout nurtion so experiment imo. But why would you want fructose pwo? i think you'd be better off with high GI carbs + fast digesting protein (whey + waxy)
                  i say that because it's quick, easy and most importantly..CHEAP! I'm on a somewhat stiff budget so i might not have the money to keep waxy in stock.

10ish -check out milk protein isolate from tp. I wouldn't take whey iso/concen pre bed... i'd go with meat + fats + vege if need be
                  As expressed before, money is an object and protein can tend to be expensive...but i'll def look into another type and how cheap it can be had. I remember hearing the suggestion for whey + fats for those without the slower burning protein.

where are the omega 3's? few things ive learned from offseason... DO THE CARDIO. Stay relatively lean. Experiment!! Try lowering carbs and upping fat on off days. Try different pre/pwo nurtition. Monitor changes objectively. ALWAYS HIT YOUR MACROS!!

I do intend to keep my fish intake up, maybe not salmon steaks everyday but i will be frequenting wally world quite often to purchase my share of fish. If you don't think this is enough, well perhaps i'll pick up some fish oil or flaxseed oil caps.
                  grams cals %total

training-
                  just remember to pick exercises that will hit your weaker points (ie- if weak chest, do cgbp, reverse bp, dips, for tricep movements, etc). Other than that looks great!
                  I hear about the weak body parts all the time, and in my case i choose more to pick the exercises that'll keep the dominant ones from taking over. It's the advice i tend to give the people who complain about lagging body parts whose whole body is a lagging body part. (myself included )
                  -the management"

Comment

Try and cycle your eating a bit more closely - p/c, p/f, p/c etc. For meal one have eggs/whites and oatmeal with fruit, and have your whey with peanut butter next. Or vice versa. Reason for this is you have oats at 10, then sandwiches at 12, which is a lot of heavy carbs in a short period of time.

Plus there is a severe lack of veggies in your meals. MORE MORE MORE If I gotta eat so do you LOL!
                    Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
                    BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

22 almonds = 1 oz.

Comment

Originally posted by cr1k3y View Post
                        22 almonds = 1 oz.
                        my mistake...you are correct. Read it wrong.
                        -the management"

Comment

Originally posted by Glyder View Post
                          Try and cycle your eating a bit more closely - p/c, p/f, p/c etc. For meal one have eggs/whites and oatmeal with fruit, and have your whey with peanut butter next. Or vice versa. Reason for this is you have oats at 10, then sandwiches at 12, which is a lot of heavy carbs in a short period of time.

Plus there is a severe lack of veggies in your meals. MORE MORE MORE If I gotta eat so do you LOL!
                          Originally i had meal 1 and 2 reversed, but i opted for the eggs first as it's going to be more food and figured it best to have a bigger meal first thing. I don't have a stupid fast metabolism, but it's not horrible. I haven't noticed a problem with carbs. I am 6'3 and 224ish lbs, all summer i have eaten whatever i wanted whenever i wanted and haven't gained a pound, and for that reason i don't think i have a serious carb sensitivity. Granted i'm going to have a cutoff time, and will probably take in less carbs on off days, but other than that i'm not too concerned with gaining any fat the way it's set up. Still maybe consider your advice and switch them back around though.
                          -the management"

Comment

I slow down the whey by using fiber.
                            "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
                            J.M.

Comment

Originally posted by bouncer dave View Post
                              I slow down the whey by using fiber.
                              by that fdo you1 mean psyliuym huskl ?

if so i alewreaydy do thfawt everya night/ anayway
                              -the management"

Comment

Working...
                              X