EryanB's DC Log

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6000kcal High Carb day for A1 #2

This is my first time I've done this many calories totally clean. I'm going to try it this way and see if my stomach can handle it.

Basically 6lbs cooked weight of black beans and brown rice on top of 2 cups of whole oats and my WMS post workout + honey and berries in my breakfast shake for a total of 1050g carbs.

Monday: 165g Whole Oats (110g CHO, 15g PRO, 11g fat)
    280g frozen raspberries (34g CHO)
    58g Honey (47g CHO)
    40g Whey Isolate (36g PRO)

(2) 29g Whey Isolate (I.E.)
    10g BCAA (2:1:1)
    10g Glutamine Peptides (47g PRO)
    NAC/Vit. C
    2g Dicreatine Malate (replace augment)
    glucuronolactone/taurine/acetyl-L-carnitine
    200mg Caffeine
    2 green Tea Caps
    12g Fish Oil

(3) 110g WMS
    25g Whey Isolate
    15g PP
    20g BCAA (4:1:1)
    10g Glycine (76g PRO, 50g CHO)
    10g Glut. Peptides
    12g Augment (replace creatine)
    ~1g Vit.C/~0.6g NAC

(4)-(9) 450g Brown Rice (344g CHO, 13g fat, 34g PRO)
    675g Black Turtle Beans (405g CHO, 135g PRO, 7g fat)
    (COOKED WEIGHT FOR BT Beans = )
    104g Whey Isolate (1/6 sipped with each meal)

(10) 57g Micellar Casein
    24g Olive Oil

6736kcal: 62/29/9 HIGH DAY

1050g CHO
    300g PRO + (184g in Beans/Brown Rice/Oats) = 484g PRO
    67g Fat
    Save yourself 5% by entering ERB326 in the discount code box on checkout. www.trueprotein.com

My DC Log:
    http://www.intensemuscle.com/28942-eryanbs-dc-log.html

Comment

Dude I would hate to be around you after you ate 6 lbs of beans and rice. I would have to seclude myself in my room all day if I did that. LOL
      Use discount code SNS110 to get 5-10% off your next True Nutrition order! www.truenutrition.com

Myth's Blog:http://projectmythology.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dante'sDisciple View Post
        Dude I would hate to be around you after you ate 6 lbs of beans and rice. I would have to seclude myself in my room all day if I did that. LOL
        I got the cooked weight of the beans to be 1kg now. The rice is also 1kg. So over 4lbs.

My girlfriend won't be pleased!

This will be a test run to see if I can do my high carb days like this. If I survive it will be better for me than higher G.I. stuff.
        Save yourself 5% by entering ERB326 in the discount code box on checkout. www.trueprotein.com

My DC Log:

Comment

Before Pics

I'm officially consuming enough calories to call this a blast now.

So here are the before pictures: http://forums.trueprotein.com/showth...5170#post35170

My DC Log:

Comment

Weekend Stuff

Sat-Sun Both Low carb days: 3484kcal: 13/52/35 LOW DAY

110g CHO
            450g PRO
            135g Fat

Saturday: Only off day of the week.

Sunday: Elliptical Cross-Trainer: 500kcal
            37min
            4.16mi
            This was actually a great workout! I was sweating buckets. I don't regret this purchase at all.

Abs: Stiff-Leg Hanging Leg Raises:

Warm-up: BW X 10
            BW X 10

3lbs/ankle X 8, 4, 2 (R.P.)

3lbs/ankle bent-knee hanging leg raises X 30 (WM)

My DC Log:

Comment

A1 #2

Calories today: 6736kcal: 62/29/9 HIGH DAY

1050g CHO
              300g PRO + (184g in Beans/Brown Rice/Oats) = 484g PRO
              67g Fat

+ got back from gym and one of the girls in my lab had brought in a big homemade (from scratch...even the icing) pound cake. So I had a big fat piece bringing my calories to around 7000 for today.

Low Pulley Cable Bench Press:

LT: 90 X 8, 2, 1 (R.P.)

TT: 90 X 9, 2, 1 (R.P.) I tried my best and it just wasn't meant to be.

Stretch 50lbs X 58s

Seated Dumbbell Military Press

LT: 65 X 10, 3, 1 (R.P.)

TT: 65 X 11, 3, 2 (R.P.) small improvement but still pretty bad. I definitely feel something wrong with my right shoulder now, its been persistent for a few workouts now.

Stretch 60s

Dips:

LT: BW + 45 X 8, 2, 2 (R.P.)
              TT: BW + 55 X 8, 2, 2 (R.P.)

Stretch: Wojo style 60s, then 35lb dumbbell 73s

Followed by 3 X 10 reps wide grip shoulder rotation stretch.

Wide-Grip Pull-Ups:

LT: BW X 5, 2, 1 (R.P.)
              TT: BW X 7, 3, 2 (R.P.) + forced rep (hopping up) and 3-5s static/negative.

BW X 10 (pulsing)

Stretch 75lbs X 50s...even with the straps I just couldn't hold on any longer.

Deadlifts:

LT: 401 X 5, 311 X 14

TT: 412 X 5, 333 X 11

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9HNKcAwBWc[/YOUTUBE]
              [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRV_O0ZqBnA[/YOUTUBE]

This is the first time I've seen myself doing deadlifts and I'm not very happy with my form. Still I'm wide open to constructive criticism. I'm sure you guys can see stuff I don't see with my subjective eyes.

Jumped immediately on Cardio: 30:00min Elliptical, 351kcal, 140bpm (ave.), 3.01miles.

My DC Log:

Comment

Form looks good bro, just try to keep your hips lower, I know its easier said than done, though. I would bring my arms as close to my legs as possible for better leverage (you can also lift more this way). The wider you grip the harder it is due to greater ROM. When you grip and set (while at the bottom) you want to stand close enough to the bar that if you were to let go you would fall. This provides optimal leverage.
                Use discount code SNS110 to get 5-10% off your next True Nutrition order! www.truenutrition.com

Comment

Things look good in here, you should try to dump off your protein here where there is a lot more views if it doesn't work out on the TP site.
                  Use SAM210 for 5% off your entire order at www.trueprotein.com 10% if you order 16 lbs or more!

Now, if you would kindly drop this little debate before I am forced by the voices in my head to drive to where you live, find you, rape you, eat your heart and then go workout with your blood on my hands.

Comment

Tuesday A.M. Cardio/ABS

Woke and took (200mg caffeine, 3g taurine, 20mg yohimbine, 1.6g glucuronolactone, 1g green tea extract, 1g acetyl-L-Carnitine)

Elliptical Cross-Trainer: 345kcal, 27min, 345kcal (then rubber band came off motor and so had to stop) I just bought this damm thing. Might have to return it if it if I can't fix it properly.

Jumped right on tread-mill and jogged 15:00min, 4%incline (11:00), 3%incline (4:00), 5.0mph
                    175kcal

Total Time: 42:00min
                    Total kcal: 520

Immediately drank 10g PP

then High heavy decline sit-ups.

L.T.:
                    bw x 10
                    20lbs X 10
                    70lbs X 9, 1, 1 R.P.

Then Hanging bent-knee leg raises X 20

TT: bw X 10
                    10lbs X10
                    70lbs X 10, 1, 1 + 4 X 20 (drop set)

Hanging Bent knee leg raises X 30 (B.W. Only) ...had to take 3-4 2-3s breaks.

24g Whey Iso, 10g BCAA.

Shower Up then 165g whole oats blended with water and 10g Team skip mix.

Rest of day calories: (2)-(6) 908g Pacific white shrimp (tail on) (117g PRO, 4.5g fat)
                    996g 97% lean ground beef (219g pro, 31g fat)
                    20g Whey Isolate
                    20g Fish Oil
                    30g Olive Oil

.............680g Bean/Brown rice mix from Monday left over and ate it today in 2nd meal. This is 30% of the total I ate yesterday!! I tried my best yesterday and just couldn't pull it off!!

I had to try, but now I know my 1 super high carb day each week needs to be done with whole wheat pasta so I can get it all down.

(7) 57g Mic. Casein
                    10g Fish Oil
                    29g Olive Oil

Total today: (not including left over beans/brown rice)

3484kcal: 13/52/35 LOW DAY

110g CHO
                    450g PRO
                    135g Fat

My DC Log:

Comment

Vids look good.
                      My DC journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=25271

Use my TrueProtein Discount Code to get 5% of your TrueProtein order or 10% off an order of 16lbs or more! GJC546

Comment

I can definitely tell you're a scientist by your precision LOL.

You ever considered using high GI carbs, a la Skip? Its much easier to get down tons of carbs, and as long as you're relatively depleted by the time you do it, you shouldnt store any undue fat. Oh yeah 1 more thing...it tastes a lot better than beans and pasta! LOL

Comment

B1 #3

E-Z Drag Curls:

LT: 115 X 7, 3, 2 (R.P.)
                          TT: 117.5 (fractional plates) X 8, 3, 2 (R.P.) (9, 4, 3 RP if including reps with less than perfect form).

1-arm cable reverse curls (3-pulley):

LT: 50lbs X 12 + 2 cheats (S.S.)
                          TT: 50lbs X 14 + 1 cheat/forced rep (S.S.) (left arm failed at 12 and did 2 cheat reps..need to start with left next time so no imbalance)

Stretch, bar shoulder height, 90s

Standing machine calf raises:

LT: 320 X 9 (S.S.) (5s neg., 15s stretch each rep)

TT: 320 X 13, 5, 5 (R.P.) (2s stretch each rep)

Lying Leg Curls:

LT: 110 X 11, 5, 4 (R.P.)
                          TT: 115 (pinning 5lb plate on) X 11, 5, 4 (R.P.)

Leg Press:

LT: 781 X 8, 649 X 17 (S.S.)

TT: 804 X 6, 675 X 13 (S.S.)

804 = 12 X 44lbs + 6 X 45lbs

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W248dnO76o[/YOUTUBE]

Quad and ham stretches both after leg press 90s for hams, 70s for quads.

No cardio today

My DC Log:

Comment

on the deadlift, you kind of lift your heels up to get a little oomph on it but try not to do that. also, make sure your thrust your hips forward (fuck the bar) instead of just leaning backwards and pulling shoulders way back

...learned my deadlift form from Mike_Mc2 here so this is me giving credit to him lol
                            Want the best supplements currently on the market? Order at trueprotein.com and use discount code DDM221

Comment

A2 #3

Taking the day off work today with a lot of guilt. The boss is back from Japan and of course will not be taking the day off.

Gym closed today and Monday, but this will not stop me. I'm perfectly well equiped to do all the exercises at home.

Today will do: Flat Dumbbell Press (Usual exercise)
                              Seated Barbell Military Press (free weight instead of smith)
                              Reverse-Grip Bench (free weight instead of smith)
                              Parallel Grip Pull-Ups (usual exercise)
                              Barbell rows (free weight instead of smith)

Waiting until 6pm when the girlfriend gets home to spot me.

Meanwhile, slept in till 11:30

Got up and took the usual fasted cardio pick me upper (20mg yohimbine, 200mg caffeine, 1g green tea extract, 1.6g glucuronolactone, 3g taurine, 1g acetyl L-Carnitine)

....I avoid BCAA's here because first thing in the morning this will spike insulin and the insulin renders yohimbine ineffective.

Ran 4.2miles, 50:00min, 500kcal (weighed in before at 211.2lbs, weighed in after cardio at 209.4lbs. So I lost >1.8lbs of sweat into my cloths and all over the floor in my living room!! I say greater than 1.8lbs because I drank 1lb of water AFTER weighing myself the first time.

Calories: Yesterday: 4125kcal: 11/49/39 LOW DAY

110g CHO + 7.3
                              450g PRO + 54
                              135g Fat + 44

The extras are a bunch of feta and blue cheese on my big salad.

Today: 4223kcal: 48/38/14 MED DAY

504g CHO
                              401g PRO (including pro in oats/buckwheat)
                              67g Fat

Workout: Update coming later tonight.

EDIT: Here is the workout:

Started a bit late 7pm. Workout lasted 90min exactly...a little long I know.

* = Forced rep with help of my spotter after true failure reached.

Flat Dumbbell Press:

LT: 95 X 12, 3, 1 (R.P.)
                              TT: 97 (fractional plates) X 11, 2 + 1*, 1 (R.P.)

Here I really badly wanted 12 so I went for it and totally failed. I didn't want to drop the dumbbells because I could wreck my power hooks so I was basically in fully stretched position for over 30s while I told my girlfriend what to do (grab each dumbbell from my hand one by one).

Stretch 50lbs X 57s (my right side again...feels like my chest is about to rip off the bone and then I just lose it...true failure on this stretch)

Barbell Seated Military Press:

LT: (134lbs + bar) X 10, 3, 2 (R.P.) (SMITH)
                              TT: 150lbs X 8 +1*, 2 + 1*, 1 + 3s neg. + 1* (R.P.) (FREE WEIGHT)

Here I'm guessing the smith bar adds about 15lbs and compensating, but free weight is more difficult.

Stretch 63s....with this stretch it is really just my grip/wrists that gives out not my shoulders, but wow it feels great on the shoulders...especially if you do not delay and go immediately to the stretch.

Reverse Grip Bench Press:

LT: (202 + Bar) X 8, 3, 2 (R.P.) (SMITH)
                              TT: 230lbs X 7 + 1*, 2 + 1*, 1 + 1* (R.P.) (FREE WEIGHT)

Stretch: 40lbs X 90s

Triceps pumped up for side tricep shot.

Parallel Grip Pull-Ups:

LT: BW X 9, 2, 1 (R.P.)
                              TT: (BW + 10lbs) X 7, 1, 1 (R.P.) ........10lbs was too much increase...+ the couple pounds BW I've gained.

Stretch: 70lbs X 60s

Here is a Video of my pull-ups feel free to critique my tempo/R.O.M/form...I cut the rest of the two rest pause out of the video because it is an extra minute of video just to show two reps. I did time my rest periods watching the video to be 30s (15 deep breaths).

Obviously, I'm just barely strong enough to have pull-ups in my routine. Hoping to have the rep-range up to snuff in the next couple months.

Barbell Rows:

LT: (191lbs + Bar) X 10 (S.S.) (SMITH)
                              TT: 185lbs X 10 (S.S.) (Free Weight).....not sure if this is an improvement or not. The Smith is definitely a lot easier for this exercise.

VIDEO shows 15lb standard bar with 2X50lb and 2 X 35lb plates

Cardio: 500kcal done already this morning.
                              Last edited by eryanb; 03-22-2008, 01:47 AM. Reason: Workout Details Added.

My DC Log:

Comment

For spring break I've been eating lots of salad. I'm starting to feel like a rabbit. I get them plain to try and avoid and extra, unnecessary calories.
                                My DC journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=25271

Use my TrueProtein Discount Code to get 5% of your TrueProtein order or 10% off an order of 16lbs or more! GJC546

Comment

Working...
                                X