No announcement yet.

EryanB's DC Log

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congratulations on your progress man. i know you're not where you want to be but you've made some great gains. keep it up man.
    Please follow my blog. You can click "Follow" in the upper right hand corner. http://www.benbruno.blogspot.com/

Use BNB559 as a discount code at checkout from trueprotein.com for a hefty discount. You will not regret it.

Here is some of my lifting. Please subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bruno082985

Comment

Originally posted by Dante'sDisciple View Post
      you look bigger than 210 bro, what is your height?
      I'm 5'8". In that avatar I'm over 220 and fully pumped and carb loaded.

Right now I'm very flat, carb depleted, a lot less body fat and 210lbs.

Originally posted by bruno View Post
      congratulations on your progress man. i know you're not where you want to be but you've made some great gains. keep it up man.
      Thanks. I want to start bulking again so bad it's making me squirm. But I swore to myself I won't do this until I'm single digit body fat. Even 9.9% will do me fine. (few more weeks tops).

Then I'm doing the best blast of my life.
      Save yourself 5% by entering ERB326 in the discount code box on checkout. www.trueprotein.com

My DC Log:
      http://www.intensemuscle.com/28942-eryanbs-dc-log.html

Comment

Originally posted by eryanb View Post
        Thanks for advice so far. Here is my modified plan. I still think I will stick with the cable exercise for chest though. If you read that article CW makes a convincing argument for their effectiveness. I haven't tried them yet, so possibly the stack will be too light, but I'm at least going to try it out.

A1: Low Pulley Cable Bench Press (13 R.P.)
        I would substitute a chest machine exercise for these.
        11-15RP

Seated Dumbbell Military Press (13 R.P.)
        15-20 or 20-30RP
        Dips (13 R.P.)
        11-15RP
        Wide Grip Pull-Ups (13 R.P.)
        I would sub parallel grip pulldows here - really flare the lats out on the negatives - 11-15 or 15-20RP with straps
        Rack Dead lifts (straight set of 10-12 + straight set of 4-6, heavy first or last o.k.)
        Sub for DL's from the floor (they will give you more 'bang for your buck') - use straps and belt

A2: Flat Dumbbell Press (13 R.P.)
        15-20 or 20-30RP
        Seated Barbell Military Press (Smith) (13 R.P.)
        Only come down to nose level - 15-20RP
        Reverse Grip Bench Press (Smith) (13 R.P.)
        15-20RP
        Rack Chins (13 R.P.)
        Feet should be positioned above ass at all times - 15-20RP and use straps
        Smith Barbell Rows (11-15reps S.S.) + (4-6 S.S.)
        1x12 SS and use straps

A3: Incline Barbell Press (Smith) (13 R.P.)
        15-20RP
        Seated Barbell Behind-Neck Press (SMITH) (13 R.P.)
        If you have had any shoulder/rotator issues before, do not do these. Only come down to top of the ears - 15-20RP
        Close-Grip Bench Press (Smith) (13 R.P.)
        15-20RP
        High Lat-Pull (13 R.P.) (for stretch hold fully extended motion 60-90s)
        Use straps 15-20RP
        T-Bar Rows (11-15reps S.S.) + (4-6 S.S.)
        1x12SS & use straps

B1: EZ Drag Curls (13 R.P.)
        15-20 or 20-30RP
        Barbell Reverse Curls (12-20 S.S.)
        Sub for 1 arm cable curls for 12-20SS
        Standing Machine Calf Raises (10-12 S.S.) (Up Explosive, 5s negative, 15s hold on each rep) (use stopwatch)
        Lying Leg Curls (13 R.P.) (or glut-ham raises?)
        20-30RP
        Leg Press (straight set of 10-12 + straight set of 6-8, heavy first or last o.k.)
        1x8-12SS - rest - 1x20~ widowmaker

B2: Incline Dumbbell Curls (13 R.P.)
        15-20 or 20-30RP
        PinWheel Curls (12-20 S.S.)
        Use straps
        Seated Calf Raises (10-12 S.S.) (Up Explosive, 5s negative, 15s hold on each rep) (use stopwatch)
        Standing Single Leg Curls (13 R.P.)
        Substitute with Sumo Ham Press for 12-20SS
        Back Squats (straight set of 10-12 + straight set of 6-8, heavy first or last o.k.)
        6-10SS then widowmaker.

B3: One-Arm Cable Curls (13 R.P.)
        Sub for Alternating DB Curls with straps - 15-20 or 20-30RP
        Hammer Curls (12-20 S.S.)
        Use straps
        Standing Smith Calf Raises (10-12 S.S.) (Up Explosive, 5s negative, 15s hold on each rep) (use stopwatch)
        Front Squats (straight set of 10-12 + straight set of 6-8, heavy first or last o.k.)
        I'd sub with Smith Squats 6-10SS then WM
        Romanian Deadlifts (straight set of 10-12 + straight set of 6-8, heavy first or last o.k.)
        Sub for seated ham curls 20-30RP

Monday: A1
        Tuesday: Cardio/Abs
        Wednesday: B1
        Thursday: Off
        Friday: A2
        Saturday: Cardio/Abs
        Sunday: Off
        Wit unilateral moves; ie 1 arm cable curls etc, always start with non-dominant arm and so the same # of reps for each arm to avoid imbalances.

Jogging full stop is not recommended on DC (as you probably know), let alone after legs.
        Brisk walking in the am on empty or after you workouts.

Make sure you stay well hydrated and take in that green tea
        Last edited by BigDownUnder; 03-02-2008, 09:54 PM.
        "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit http://www.trueprotein.com & use this
        DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
        for a 5% Discount

Comment

Why? I'm sure you have a reason. I'm curious because I really want to try this exercise and I'm not sure why a machine would be better? I don't have hammer strength stuff at my gym only.

11-15RP
          15-20 or 20-30RP

Thanks. Ya I've made that adjustment.
          Dips (13 R.P.)
          11-15RP
          I would sub parallel grip pulldows here - really flare the lats out on the negatives - 11-15 or 15-20RP with straps

Again. I've never been able to do reps with full range of motion with my body weight before on wide grip pull-ups. Now that I can, I'm pumped about it. I thought this was a really great back width exercise like rack chins. Do you have a specific reason why parallel grip pulldowns are better.

Also I will eventually need to switch exercise. Maybe I could keep parallel grip pulldowns next in line?

Rack Dead lifts (straight set of 10-12 + straight set of 4-6, heavy first or last o.k.)
          Sub for DL's from the floor (they will give you more 'bang for your buck') - use straps and belt

[B]I've always thought this as well. But I decided to try rack deads based on what is recommended in the Wojo DC video. I will take your advice here.[/B]

15-20 or 20-30RP

Wow. O.k. I was bringing the bar right to my chest on every rep. Is there a risk of injury doing this? I always thought full R.O.M. was best. I'll try it your way though. I definitely will be able to do more weight.

15-20RP
          Rack Chins (13 R.P.)
          1x12 SS and use straps

So you're saying I should only do one set and skip the 4-6? This is contrary to what Wojo/Franco are teaching in the official DC training video.

15-20RP
          If you have had any shoulder/rotator issues before, do not do these. Only come down to top of the ears - 15-20RP

O.K. Thanks.

15-20RP
          Use straps 15-20RP
          1x12SS & use straps

15-20 or 20-30RP
          Standing Machine Calf Raises (10-12 S.S.) (Up Explosive, 5s negative, 15s hold on each rep) (use stopwatch)
          20-30RP
          Leg Press (straight set of 10-12 + straight set of 6-8, heavy first or last o.k.)

15-20 or 20-30RP
          Use straps
          Seated Calf Raises (10-12 S.S.) (Up Explosive, 5s negative, 15s hold on each rep) (use stopwatch)
          Back Squats (straight set of 10-12 + straight set of 6-8, heavy first or last o.k.)
          6-10SS then widowmaker.

Use straps
          Standing Smith Calf Raises (10-12 S.S.) (Up Explosive, 5s negative, 15s hold on each rep) (use stopwatch)
          Front Squats (straight set of 10-12 + straight set of 6-8, heavy first or last o.k.)

Give up front squats for a smith? Why?

Romanian Deadlifts (straight set of 10-12 + straight set of 6-8, heavy first or last o.k.)

This is my favorite has exercise and my hams are still sore from Friday. Is this really important? Because I already have two machine exercises for my other two ham days.

Originally posted by BigDownUnder View Post
          Wit unilateral moves; ie 1 arm cable curls etc, always start with non-dominant arm and so the same # of reps for each arm to avoid imbalances.

Great advice. I never thought of that. Will Do.

Jogging full stop is not recommended on DC (as you probably know), let alone after legs.
          Brisk walking in the am on empty or after you workouts.

Yes I have heard that a few times and believe it. Its just that right now losing fat is my #1 objective. As long as I don't lose muscle I'm happy. I know from months of experience with this that I will not lose muscle (actually I gain a little) doing high intensity cardio (even HIIT) after workouts.

However, when I start my bulk. I will follow your advice to the letter.

Make sure you stay well hydrated and take in that green tea
          Really appreciate all the advice and I'm going to make some changes right now. However, some of the stuff you recommended really confused me since its opposite of what other people (like Franco/Wojo who I also respect) had to say. If you have time I really would appreciate some more explanations. I'm not stubborn, so I will listen. But I am the type that really needs to understand before I do something.
          Last edited by eryanb; 03-03-2008, 01:20 AM.
          Save yourself 5% by entering ERB326 in the discount code box on checkout. www.trueprotein.com

My DC Log:

Comment

Why? I'm sure you have a reason. I'm curious because I really want to try this exercise and I'm not sure why a machine would be better? I don't have hammer strength stuff at my gym only.

Machines are better for obvious safety reasons. When you are going to failure a machine reduces the chances of injury. Use the low cable bench press if you like, but at the very least become familiar with the exercise in a cruise and don't just jump straight into it in a blast.

11-15RP
            15-20 or 20-30RP

Thanks. Ya I've made that adjustment.
            Dips (13 R.P.)
            11-15RP

Again. I've never been able to do reps with full range of motion with my body weight before on wide grip pull-ups. Now that I can, I'm pumped about it. I thought this was a really great back width exercise like rack chins. Do you have a specific reason why parallel grip pulldowns are better.

Also I will eventually need to switch exercise. Maybe I could keep parallel grip pulldowns next in line?

Two reasons for suggesting parallel grip - 1. Variety - you already have rack chins; and 2. They give great results. Maybe try bodyweight parallel grip pull-ups

[B]I've always thought this as well. But I decided to try rack deads based on what is recommended in the Wojo DC video. I will take your advice here.[/B]

I'm not saying that rack DL's are bad, they are a great exercise. But DL's from the floor will yield greater results. Using both in the same blast places too much stress on the lower back and the CNS for most trainees (especially when you add squats into the equation), otherwise I'd recommend both

15-20 or 20-30RP

Wow. O.k. I was bringing the bar right to my chest on every rep. Is there a risk of injury doing this? I always thought full R.O.M. was best. I'll try it your way though. I definitely will be able to do more weight.

Safety is the first priority - you can't train if you're in injured

15-20RP
            Rack Chins (13 R.P.)
            1x12 SS and use straps

So you're saying I should only do one set and skip the 4-6? This is contrary to what Wojo/Franco are teaching in the official DC training video.

Both can be used. However, Dante usually suggests for most trainees to go with 1x12SS

15-20RP

O.K. Thanks.

15-20RP
            Use straps 15-20RP
            1x12SS & use straps

15-20 or 20-30RP
            20-30RP

15-20 or 20-30RP
            Use straps
            6-10SS then widowmaker.

Use straps

Give up front squats for a smith? Why?

Have you tried a widowmaker with front squats?
            Can you use more weight on smith squats or front squats?
            Which exercise will allow for greater gains in strength over time?

This is my favorite has exercise and my hams are still sore from Friday. Is this really important? Because I already have two machine exercises for my other two ham days.

Romanian DL's are a great ham exercise. But by and large most will burn out their lower backs and compromise other movements like DL's, BB rows, squats etc if they use Romanian DL's, GM's etc for hamstrings. Again, DL's and squats offer a greater bang than Romanian DL's, hence they take priority when it comes to exercise selection. If you have better than average recovery ability, go for it.

Really appreciate all the advice and I'm going to make some changes right now. However, some of the stuff you recommended really confused me since its opposite of what other people (like Franco/Wojo who I also respect) had to say. If you have time I really would appreciate some more explanations. I'm not stubborn, so I will listen. But I am the type that really needs to understand before I do something.
            Franco & Wojo are correct - Dante has different protocols for different people. Some protocols are used more frequently than others - I based my advice on personal experience plus what I learnt from Dante. At the end of the day it is all about using progressively heavier weights with good form and blasting for as long as possible without pushing into overtraining or becoming injured (plus of course diet, cardio . . .) - this is where experience comes into play with exercise selection and technique.
            "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit http://www.trueprotein.com & use this
            DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
            for a 5% Discount

Comment

Modified Routine (Thx BigDownUnder)

Here are the very few things I will not change (with all due respect to BDU). However, I am making a large number of substantial changes.

Not changed: (1) I'm adamant about doing the low pulley cable press. BDU has said it is mostly a safety issue and it's risky to jump right into a blast with them.

However: (A) I'm not technically blasting since I'm hypo-caloric (ave (-) 1000kcal/day so I'll be adding weight very slowly.

(B) I tested myself today on this exercise and my weight is pretty low (90lbs) so I think the risk of injury is low.

(2) I will continue with the RDL, and see how I feel over the next
              month or two. I'm just loving this exercise so much these days. Also I got the technique locked down so I feel almost no lower back strain and my hamstrings are just wreaked the next day.
              (BDU mostly concerned about too much strain on my lower back combined with my back squats and deadlifts.)

(C) I will incorporate parallel grip bodyweight pull ups as recommended. However, instead of subbing out wide grip bodyweight pull-ups I will sub-out rack chins.

I'm really hesitant to do smith squats but BDU has a good point about the weight. So I'll do it. I wonder though, is having both smith back squats and regular back squats in the routine redundant since they are so similar? I mean that was the reasoning for subbing out wide grip chins for parallel grips is that wide grip chins and rack chins were too similar.

A1: Low Pulley Cable Bench Press (15-20 R.P.)
              Seated Dumbbell Military Press (20-30 R.P.)
              Dips (11-15 R.P.)
              Wide Grip Pull-Ups (11-15 R.P.)
              Dead lifts (from floor) (straight set of 4-6+ straight set of 10-12)

A2: Flat Dumbbell Press (20-30 R.P.)
              Seated Barbell Military Press (Smith bar to nose level only) (15-20 R.P.)
              Reverse Grip Bench Press (Smith) (15-20 R.P.)
              Parallel grip pull-ups (15-20 R.P.)
              Smith Barbell Rows (11-15reps S.S.)

A3: Incline Barbell Press (Smith) (15-20 R.P.)
              Seated Barbell Behind-Neck Press (SMITH only down as far as top of ears) (15-20 R.P.)
              Close-Grip Bench Press (Smith) (15-20 R.P.)
              High Lat-Pull (15-20 R.P.) (for stretch hold fully extended motion 60-90s)
              T-Bar Rows (11-15reps S.S.)

B1: EZ Drag Curls (20-30 R.P.)
              15-20 or 20-30RP
              1 arm cable reverse curls (12-20 S.S.)
              Lying Leg Curls (20-30 R.P.)
              Leg Press 8-12 (S.S.)
              20+ (WM)

B2: Incline Dumbbell Curls (20-30 R.P.)
              Seated Leg Curls (20-30 R.P.)
              Back Squats 6-10 (S.S.)
              20+ (WM)

B3: Alternating DB Curls with straps (20-30 R.P.)
              Smith Squats (6-10 S.S.)
              20+ (WM)
              Romanian Deadlifts (6-8 S.S.)
              20+ (WM)
              Sumo Ham Press for 12-20SS is next in line!

Monday: A1....cardio ~50min (mod/low intensity) on empty stomach later in evening
              Wednesday: B1....cardio ~50min (mod/low intensity) on empty stomach later in evening
              Friday: A2....cardio ~50min (mod/low intensity) on empty stomach later in evening

My DC Log:

Comment

A1 #1

Reps too low on most of the exercises today as its the first time and I overestimated my strength again. I guess I am weakening from all this weight loss after all....only two more weeks of dieting to go!!!

Low Pulley Cable Bench Press (4-pulley)

LT: N/A
                TT: 90lbs X 11 (R.P.)

Will keep this weight and hopefully be up to 30 reps by my next two sessions.

Stretch 50lbs X 60s

Seated Dumbbell Military Press

TT: 65lbs X 14 (R.P.)

Stretch 55-60s

Wide grip shoulder rotation stretch/exercise 30 reps nice and slow (with 3-4 small breaks).

Dips

TT: (B.W. + 45lbs) 257-259 X 12 (R.P.)
                (212lbs this morning + breakfast)

Stretch (wojo style, bending under smith bar with all weight on arms) 65-70s (I like this much better as it doesn't bug my shoulder as much)

Wide Grip Pull-Ups

TT: B.W. X 8 (R.P.)...

this sucks. two weeks ago I test this and got 10 reps S.S.. Possibly its the pre exhaust on the delts? Hopefully 11+ reps by next session. So this exercise will stay.

Stretch 70lbs X 60s

Deadlifts (from floor)

TT: 401lbs X 5 (S.S.)

TT: 311 X 14 (S.S.)

Cardio: Skipped it. Will do 50min low/mod intensity cycling on empty stomach later tonight instead.

My DC Log:

Comment

You still doing TCD? We should talk because I to am trying to do it and cut.
                  My DC journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=25271

Use my TrueProtein Discount Code to get 5% of your TrueProtein order or 10% off an order of 16lbs or more! GJC546

Comment

Originally posted by geese_com View Post
                    You still doing TCD? We should talk because I to am trying to do it and cut.
                    Ya. I'll be TCD for another 2-3 weeks. I'm at 11%bf and shooting for 8-9%.

My DC Log:

Comment

Tuesday A.M. Cardio/ABS

Fasted cardio (3g taurine, 1.8g glucuronolactone, 20mg yohimbine, 1g green tea, 200mg caffeine)......on empty stomach first thing a.m. That mix really kicks you in the ass!

Cycling 500kcal, 48:00 (level 5), 21.98km......and I'm pretty sure its more than 500kcal. Basically you can adjust the resistance manually from level 1-8, but the calories are based only on distance I think.

(1) 10gPP/5g BCAA/24g Whey Iso (c.f.)

Let protein settle (~10min)

Then.

Heavy High Decline Sit-ups

B.W. X 10 (warm-up)
                      20lbs X 10 (warm-up)
                      70lbs X 9, 1, 1 (R.P.)

1:00min break

Hanging straight leg raises X 3 (just shoes) (S.S.).....yes my abs were that shot from the rest pause!

Rest of day nutrition:
                      2 whole eggs
                      4g fish oil

(2)-(6) 750g Lean ground Beef (165g PRO, 24g fat) 5 X 5oz Burger Patties
                      48g Blue Cheese (14g fat)....on all the burgers.
                      17g Team Skip X 5
                      92g Peanuts

(7) 57g Mic. Casein

BASE
                      (1368Cal PRO)60%
                      (1053 CAL Fat) 40%
                      (0 Cal CHO)
                      Total = 2198 CAL

My DC Log:

Comment

Nutrition for Tomorrow (Moderate CHO day)

Wednesday: (1)
                        165g Whole Oats (110g CHO, 15g PRO, 11g fat)
                        48g Team Skip Mix (35g PRO)

(2) 29g Whey Isolate (I.E.)
                        10g BCAA (2:1:1)
                        10g Glutamine Peptides (47g PRO)
                        NAC/Vit. C
                        2g Dicreatine Malate (replace augment)
                        glucuronolactone/taurine/acetyl-L-carnitine
                        200mg Caffeine
                        2 green Tea Caps

Workout

During 10g BCAA (2:1:1), 10g PP, 24g Hydrolyzed Casein (40g PRO)
                        Don't really need this anymore as my workouts are only 1hr. But comes in handy if I do cardio after my workout.

(3) 50g WMS
                        25g Whey Isolate
                        15g PP
                        20g BCAA (4:1:1)
                        10g Glycine (76g PRO, 50g CHO)
                        10g Glut. Peptides
                        12g Augment (replace creatine)
                        ~1g Vit.C/~0.6g NAC

Mixed 50g WMS/15g PP separately. Take rest of mix 15min later.

85g Buckwheat. (60g CHO, 11g PRO, 3g fat). With meal 4 (100g Beef). Save all fish oil/peanuts/eggs for (5)-(6)

(4)-(6) 300g Link Beef
                        30g Team Skip X 3
                        56g Peanuts (28g fat, 12g CHO, 13g PRO)
                        4g fish oil
                        3 whole eggs.

(7)50g Mic. Casein

398g PRO (+ peanuts/oats/buckwheat) = 438g PRO
                        220g CHO
                        70g Fat

3262Cal
                        PRO/CHO/F
                        (54:27:19)
                        Last edited by eryanb; 03-04-2008, 11:46 PM.

My DC Log:

Comment

B1 #2 (Day 1 of battling the log book!)

EZ Drag Curls

LT: 115 X 7, 3, 2 (R.P.)

TT: 115X 8, 4, 4 (R.P.)

In reality though swinging a little for last rep of first and second, swinging a lot for 4th rep of 3rd and a little for 2nd rep.

So truthfully only counting strict form: TT: 115 X 7, 3, 2.

Next time I should do 5min of cardio to get the blood flowing.

1-Arm Cable Reverse Curls (3 pulley) LT: N/A (subbing this one in for barbell reverse curls)

TT: 50lbs X 14 (13th swinging, 14th forced rep with other arm) So only 50lbs X 12 strict.

Stretch: Bar shoulder height (new record!). Down to knees 75s.

Standing Machine Calf Raises:

LT: 320 X 9 (explosive up, 5s neg., 15s stretch each rep)
                          TT: 320 X 10 ( "" "" "")

This time tried my K-Swiss sneaks instead of chucks to see if this helps with slipping. Was good but my foot muscles went to failure before my calves! Had t to take two rapid breaks in the middle of my set to shake my feet out. This ruined my set.

So I guess I'm still learning/adapting to this technique.

Lying Leg curls:

LT: 110 X 8, 4, 3
                          TT: 110 X 11, 5, 4

Save stretch for after leg press.

Leg Press

LT: 709 X 10 S.S.
                          TT: 781 X 7-8 S.S.
                          (I actually lost track because I was seeing stars and just concentrating on getting the weight up, but I'm 100% positive about 7)

Completely killed my logbook on this one. Without a doubt though I have the fullest possible range of motion with controlled negatives. Couple differences (1) I took my APT Convict Pro Knee Wraps for their first test drive (http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/107720). These things are amazing. Unbelievable the difference it makes and the stability it gives your knees). (2) I saved my hamstring stretch for after the Leg Press unlike last time.

Still surprising how much stronger my leg press is compared to my back/front squats. Goes to show my upper body holds my back on free weights. So I am curious to see what kind of weight I can rep with on Smith Squat next week on B3!! I'm guessing nicely over 400lbs.

LT: 620 X 16 S.S.
                          TT: 649 X 17 S.S.

Stretching:

Quads: 70s (getting really flexible here, shoulders nearly touching the ground)

Hams: 75s

Cardio: 30:00 Elliptical training (358kcal). AVE HR: 145BPM, AVE Strides/min 132. Been taking 4-6g of BA in divided doses for over two months now. Cardio is really not so bad even after that leg pressing. Especially the Elliptical which is nothing like running.

My DC Log:

Comment

Damn that's a lot of detail lol. Good job killing the log book man.
                            Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Remember, if you can’t pick it, grow it, or kill it, you shouldn’t be eating it.- Justin Harris

Bodybuilding is stressful. The joy is seeing how incredibly the body adapts. The smart thing is to keep the machine as healthy as possible along the way, IMO.- Homon[/FONT]

Comment

[B]EZ Drag Curls

Standing Machine Calf Raises:

LT: 320 X 9 (explosive up, 5s neg., 15s stretch each rep)
                              TT: 320 X 10 ( "" "" "")

This time tried my K-Swiss sneaks instead of chucks to see if this helps with slipping. Was good but my foot muscles went to failure before my calves! Had t to take two rapid breaks in the middle of my set to shake my feet out. This ruined my set.

So I guess I'm still learning/adapting to this technique.
                              Dante has a tweak for standing calf raises. You're not supposed to do the 15 sec stretch protocol, but an explosive positive, controlled negative, 2-3 sec stretch at the bottom 12-20RP.

Check out this thread: http://www.intensemuscle.com/26717-d...ighlight=tweak
                              Post #14
                              My DC journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=25271

Use my TrueProtein Discount Code to get 5% of your TrueProtein order or 10% off an order of 16lbs or more! GJC546

Comment

Originally posted by geese_com View Post
                                Dante has a tweak for standing calf raises. You're not supposed to do the 15 sec stretch protocol, but an explosive positive, controlled negative, 2-3 sec stretch at the bottom 12-20RP.

Check out this thread: http://www.intensemuscle.com/26717-d...ighlight=tweak
                                Post #14
                                Thanks! I think I will try that.

My DC Log:

Comment

Working...
                                X