No announcement yet.

Journal - slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to stretch out the back a little bit this morning, but seemed to be OK after doing so. Have a massage scheduled for tomorrow; hoping that will be helpful.

Legs 0600

Lying curls (cluster)
    Extensions (drop)
    Hacks (drop)
    GHR/Nordic curls
    Press
    Step-ups
    Seated calf-raise

No cardio today; cleaned up the house, laundry, dishwasher, truck washed...busy morning. Knocked it all out. Was supposed to go to a brewery today for the new release of a stout, but that appears to be canc'd now; so, I'll take a nap instead. Dinner tonight...massage/pedicure tomorrow...should be a good wknd. And, no rain in the forecast for a few days...thankfully.

-s
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

• Had a good weekend. Stayed at a resort in the area on Sat night and had a nice dinner; then Sunday had a deep tissue massage and pedicure (then a small refeed). My back, after the massage feels much better. I slept pretty well last night after it; a huge improvement from Fri/Sat night where I just couldn't get comfortable. Moving much better today; hopefully that continues. I should probably get this done monthly; make it a priority.

Hit arms today...0400

Arm blaster EZ bar curls
      Straight bar spiders
      Spider DB pinwheels
      Pushdowns
      HS seated dips
      French press
      1-arm cable extensions
      Palms-up DB curls
      Abs

Cardio on the max trainer this afternoon; I think I have two more episodes left of the eco-challenge. Then, I'll have to figure out another show to watch. First world problems...

-s
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

• Gym at 0400 this morning; hit back. Didn't sleep too bad, but not great either.

Meadows rows
        Banded chins
        Banded DB pullovers
        Iso lateral row
        Incline DB rows

Cardio on the max trainer this afternoon. First time I've done the incline DB rows; those really don't take much weight to get a good squeeze in. Something different for sure. Chest/shoulders tomorrow...

-s

Comment

• Alright...had a few meh workouts; took a few days off and back it at this morning @0400 hitting chest/shoulders/tris.

DB Flat
          LifeFitness press
          HumanSport fly
          Bent over laterals
          Seated press
          Heavy laterals
          Rope pushdowns
          CG bench

Cardio this afternoon on the max trainer.

Had some extra time today as I needed to hit the grocery store when they opened at 0600; so I took my time and added some tris too. Hit the grocery and picked up some much needed items.

I'm thinking back tomorrow.....

-s

Comment

• Hit back this morning; lower (left) side is still bothering me a bit, especially with sleep. I'm not doing any heavy pulls or anything now as I still want to train...may see a chiro soon. We'll see...

Humansport cable pulldowns
            HS High rows
            Banded chins
            Smith BOR (light just to feel it out)
            DB shrugs (3 count hold/squeeze)

Cardio this afternoon on max trainer at home...Hopefully sleep early tonight...

-s

Comment

• Arms today at 0400; nothing crazy. No cardio today. Was in the office much longer than I had planned, so I decided to have a beer instead.

Straight bar curls
              Handles pushdowns
              Lying cable curls
              JM press
              DB Spider pinwheels
              French press

Called it good...as the jackass that comes in dancing/clapping/jive-turkeying/singing had made his entrance. I'm not sure I mentioned him before; he's a shitshow. He asked me to spot him on shoulder press a few weeks ago (I think 185) and I did two upright rows; on the second one I just racked it. I've never seen anything like this guy. He started coming in during the week btwn 0500-0530 which is good, b/c I'm usually rolling out. On Saturdays, it was bout 0700 (open at 0600 on Sat)...but the last two times he's been there waiting at 0555. It's too much.

Ah well...Have a good Friday night...

-s

Comment

• Really good leg session today at 0600. Moving slow and sore already...

Lying curls
                Extensions
                Hack squats (low foot position)
                Hack squats (high foot position)
                GHR
                Step-ups
                Seated calves

For hacks, I usually have my heels at the bottom edge for my sets. I did that today, but then after those sets, adjusted the feet to have my toes at the top edge and did some sets. Definitely different.

No cardio today; just chilll the rest of day. Have some chicken cut up in the crock pot for next week....

-s

Comment

• Sun, 20 Sep.

Did not sleep well, so I ended up going to the gym just to get up/out @ 0600. Actually, just did a bunch of different calf work and then a quick walk on the treadmill. Did a bunch of running around after; Wally World for a TV for the outside (rooftop terrace) and some reese's puffs (they have the BIG puffs--ridiculous size) and a few other items.

Then hit up Lowe's for the firepit; put that together (rooftop terrace as well). With the weather changing, hopefully will be up there more hanging out. Finally, over to the grocery store for a meatball sub, sushi, some gatorades, and spicy general tso's chicken (dinner). Oh, and rainbow chocolate chip cookies...

Mon, 21 Sep

Hit the gym this morning at 0400; slept alright. Need to get to bed now though. Hit back this morning....

Pulldowns
                  DY Rows
                  DB pullovers
                  HS Lateral rows
                  Banded chins

Cardo this afternoon on the max trainer.

Chest tomorrow....

-s

Comment

• Been a while since I've updated; back overseas now for the next ~5-6 months (barring any issues). Currently the gym available to me is outside and limited, but making it work. Will have better access next week, although, it is limited to ~50 mins a day/session.

Normally drop a ton of weight when I'm out here and I'd like, to some extent, to not necessarily do that and hang-on to muscle (vicious cycle I go through every time). Will need to make more of an effort to get in the cals; still have three meals per day out here, but might need to load those up. OR, add an extra breast/rice (or whatever) and have that in btwn meals.

"cardio" is just a couple walks outside; weather is beautiful. Really enjoying getting out and just doing that...

Hope everyone stays safe/healthy.

-s

Comment

• Originally posted by slide View Post
                      Been a while since I've updated; back overseas now for the next ~5-6 months (barring any issues). Currently the gym available to me is outside and limited, but making it work. Will have better access next week, although, it is limited to ~50 mins a day/session.

Normally drop a ton of weight when I'm out here and I'd like, to some extent, to not necessarily do that and hang-on to muscle (vicious cycle I go through every time). Will need to make more of an effort to get in the cals; still have three meals per day out here, but might need to load those up. OR, add an extra breast/rice (or whatever) and have that in btwn meals.

"cardio" is just a couple walks outside; weather is beautiful. Really enjoying getting out and just doing that...

Hope everyone stays safe/healthy.

-s
                      Where you at and who yua working for? Stay safe..
                      "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                      2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                      2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                      2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                      2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                      2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Working...
                      X