No announcement yet.

Journal - slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been an exhausting and fun few days getting moved in/settled, etc. Most things went smoothly; cable is one thing that I still do not have. Apparently, the cable company didn't do the work on the outside, so when the tech came on Friday, there was nothing to hook up to (all the stuff in the house was ready, thankfully). So, that's been a constant shitshow; but other than that, it's been pretty good. Back in the gym today for some arms...

Arm blaster EZ bar curls
    HS curls
    Rev preachers SS w/ pinwheel curls
    Pushdowns
    JM press
    Dips
    French press (cable)

Some ab work after; and then some cardio this afternoon on the max trainer (home).

All the labs are finally back, so I'll pick up that paperwork tomorrow. Everything looked pretty good; no issues.

Hitting back tomorrow...

-s
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

• Originally posted by slide View Post
      Been an exhausting and fun few days getting moved in/settled, etc. Most things went smoothly; cable is one thing that I still do not have. Apparently, the cable company didn't do the work on the outside, so when the tech came on Friday, there was nothing to hook up to (all the stuff in the house was ready, thankfully). So, that's been a constant shitshow; but other than that, it's been pretty good. Back in the gym today for some arms...

Arm blaster EZ bar curls
      HS curls
      Rev preachers SS w/ pinwheel curls
      Pushdowns
      JM press
      Dips
      French press (cable)

Some ab work after; and then some cardio this afternoon on the max trainer (home).

All the labs are finally back, so I'll pick up that paperwork tomorrow. Everything looked pretty good; no issues.

Hitting back tomorrow...

-s
      Moving=extreme GPP

Comment

• Originally posted by Ganggreen View Post

Moving=extreme GPP
        HAH...Exactly.

Finally back online with cable, etc. It's been a rough few days without (first world probs), but the signal from my cell actually worked pretty well. Was able to watch/stream movies off it, work from home, etc. This connectivity however...much better.

Back today

Pulldowns (3-way)
        DY Rows
        DB Pullovers
        HS Iso row
        Rack deads
        Banded chins
        DB Shrugs

Cardio this afternoon on the max trainer at home.

Was a good session today; was able to take my time and knock it out. Chest/shoulders tomorrow..

-s
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

• Busy two days with work and I am dragging right now. Need to try and get to sleep a little earlier tonight (I know I will be out cold early tomorrow night).

22 July (Chest/shoulders) @ 0400

Low incline DBs
          Incline Press BB
          HS iso-lateral press
          Pec Dec
          Reverse pec-dec (rear-delt) w/ over/backs
          Seated press
          Y Raises

Cardio in the afternoon on the max trainer.

Today, 23 July @ 0400 (Legs)

Lying curls (cluster)
          Extensions (Drop)
          Linear leg press
          Squats
          GHR
          Linear Hack
          Calf raises

No cardio today; pretty busy with work and meetings. Grilled chicken tonight on the deck; also made some meatballs today for meals for the next handful of days. Actually combined bison and beef together. Should be GTG for the next few days re: food. Gun show tomorrow....

-s

Comment

• Still a busy few days here getting settled, work, life, etc. But still getting it done in the gym.

Fri, 24 July @ 0400 (actually, 0402 is when the dude showed up) - Bis/Tris

Standing cable curls (w/ lat bar)
            Spider curls
            Reverse curls
            Pushdowns (handles)
            Extensions (behind HS pullover)
            CG bench
            HS dips
            Platter curls

Cardio at home in the afternoon on the max trainer.

Today, 25 July @ 0600 - Back

Meadows rows
            Ez bar cable rows
            DB dead rows
            Banded hypers

Walked on the treadmill after session; that will be all for today.

More things around the house this week; was able to get my deck table/chairs added; I still have the umbrella but the base has yet to come. I guess that season is over with according to Lowes. Ah well.

Chillin today; will probably grill again and do some things around the house (again)....

-s

Comment

• Beautiful night last night. Hung out on the deck and had some Sangria with a spinach salad, filets, and asparagus Had a couple cigars...just an overall nice, relaxing, and enjoyable night.

Been a good Sunday so far; had a good breakfast this morning (eggs, turkey sausage, taters, french toast, and pancakes) and then installed some things around the house. Happy with how all that turned out. Grabbed some cookies and sushi, along with some Phish Food ice cream for some snacks. And then some Thai chicken with jasmine rice for dinner later. Grilling some chicken for meals this week right now for work (already have a mix of bison/ground beef meatballs made as well). Need to cook the sweet potatoes too.

Have to still get all my stuff together for tomorrow; back to showering and getting ready at the gym, so I need to ensure I have all my stuff with me (it's been a while since I've done that). In particular, shower shoes. Will check out the gym that is less than a mile from me for evenings and weekends (but keep Gold's for most regular days) probably on Tues. That gym just opens too late (0600); I'm already at the office at that time. Or else it might have been overall a good thing. We'll see how it works out.

Chest/shoulders tomorrow...just so happens to line up this week with national bench day as well.

-s

Comment

• Sounds like a good weekend. In don't miss packing for the gym

Comment

Sounds like a good weekend. In don't miss packing for the gym
                  Yah, definitely productive weekend. Still need to the rest of my furniture to come in; then it will be just fill in the holes. Wasn't terrible getting stuff ready for the gym; just like old times. Quick and easy getting showered and ready for the office. Seemed to work out alright today...we'll see what tomorrow brings.

-s

Comment

• Chest and shoulders this morning @ 0400. The kid (young man) that opens a few days a week is pretty good. He's there plenty early (as opposed to the other guy pulling up at 0400)...is actually working two jobs and going to school. Love seeing that. Working/school...trying to TCB.

Slight decline DBs
                    HS bench
                    Wide dips
                    Low cable xov
                    HS press
                    Bent over rear delts
                    Pull aparts

Cardio this afternoon on the max trainer.

Hopefully get some good sleep tonight; was up early this morning (or earlier) and definitely tired now. Legs tomorrow....

-s

Comment

• Crashed early last night but still woke up early (earlier than alarm); definitely feeling it again right now. Just tired. But, had a good workout this morning hitting legs...

Seated curls
                      Extensions
                      Hack Squat
                      Hip/leg press
                      Lying curls
                      Donkey raises

It may not look like alot; but it was an ass kicker today filled with either clusters drops, half reps, holds, 1 1/2 reps, etc...I knew the amount of exercise choices I had today weren't going to be many, so I took advantage of the time I had. Can actually feel it already in my legs.

Hitting arms tomorrow...

-s

Comment

• Leg day after a rough night is a real hit or miss. I've had my best and worst sessions after a night like that.

I've also found that while the heavy hard shit leaves my joints and back tired, it's those endurance/pump/cluster/dropset/fluffy stuff that leaves my muscles "feeling" the sorest and most destroyed. I don't envy your DOMS this morning I bet

Comment

Leg day after a rough night is a real hit or miss. I've had my best and worst sessions after a night like that.

I've also found that while the heavy hard shit leaves my joints and back tired, it's those endurance/pump/cluster/dropset/fluffy stuff that leaves my muscles "feeling" the sorest and most destroyed. I don't envy your DOMS this morning I bet
                          That was a pretty good session, compact, but everything felt good. Surprisingly, I was sore, but it wasn't too terrible (was expecting a little more soreness). Could definitely tell I put in some work, but thankfully nothing crazy.

-s

Comment

• Been slacking on the updates...in office last week and just busy; wasn't getting online too much.

7/29 - Arms (0400)

EZ bar curls SS (wide then close)
                            Hammers SS long rope pushdowns
                            Dip assist pushdowns SS incline skulls

7/30 - Back (0400)

1-arm pulldowns
                            HS high row
                            Trap bar rows
                            Rack chins
                            Low row

7/31 - Chest/shoulders (0400)

HS inclines
                            Incline press (low angle)
                            Incline press (high angle)
                            Life Fitness lateral rows
                            Front raise
                            Spiders

8/1 - Legs (0600 - Sat)

Lying curls
                            Leg press
                            Squats
                            GHR
                            Step-ups

A pretty solid week of training though; had a decent weekend as well...nothing crazy. Grilled and chilled..

-s

Comment

• Back at it this morning after a bit of a refeed yesterday (pancakes, sushi, cookies, ice cream, chicken/noodles).

Arms (0400)

Straight bar curls (with fatgripz)
                              Preachers ez
                              Incline DB concentration
                              Pinwheels
                              Long rope pushdowns
                              Seated rope extensions
                              Dip machine
                              Decline skulls
                              1-arm extensions

Will knock out some cardio later this afternoon at home; Work from home this week and we'll see what, if any impact we have in this area from the hurricane. Already looks like rain all damn week. Ah well...will hit back tomorrow.

-s

Comment

• Rained for almost 24 hours straight, some times were pretty heavy, but it's cleared here now. Some flooding in the area, but really nothing by me. Just a ton of rain.

Back @ 0400

DB rows
                                Seated cable rows
                                Meadows Rows
                                DY Rows
                                Rack pulls

Cardio this afternoon on the max trainer. Will cook some chicken in the crockpot tomorrow; that's about all the excitement here. Chest/shoulders tomorrow....

-s

Comment

Working...
                                X