No announcement yet.

Journal - slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a great dinner last night with my daughter; a Father's Day dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in the area. Just a great night. Meritorious day off yesterday from the gym; nice little break. Back at it this morning about 0830 for a good leg session.

Seated leg curls
    Leg exensions
    Hack squat (cluster)
    Freemotion Squat
    Leg/Hip press
    One leg ham curls
    Calf extensions SS with Donkey raises

Took my time today and it was nice b/c by 0900 the gym was all but empty. Good session today.

Tomorrow need to go furniture shopping, then hit Lowe's...should be a busy morning. Will do that after I hit arms at 0700...

-s
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

• Do you enjoy the process of picking out furniture/moving? Personally, one of my least favorite things to do, so I'm a little jealous of your good attitude

Comment

• Originally posted by Ganggreen View Post
        Do you enjoy the process of picking out furniture/moving? Personally, one of my least favorite things to do, so I'm a little jealous of your good attitude
        No. I absolutely hate the process. But, I spent time picking shit out online, so when I arrived at the store I could look at everything and figured that would help speed up the process. I did change my mind on a few things, etc...but, was able to get everything ordered. Some will be delivered on the day I move; the rest will be delivered within a month. Almost about 2.5 hours in the store there; I definitely did not expect that. Can't imagine how much longer it would have been had I not already had the majority of the crap picked out.

Hit Lowe's for the washer/dryer and a few moving supplies. Wash/dry will be delivered the day after I move in. Long ass day, glad that shit is over with. I did, however, get to walk through my house and it looks incredible. That was an added bonus for me today...

Just things that need to get done...just have to embrace the suck here. Not at all what I like to do, but glad I was able to knock it out. That part is done...Just some other things to get here/there, but the bulk of the 'big items' has been taken care of.

-s
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

• Saturday, 27 June

Hit arms in the morning prior to my adventure in house shopping. Gym was relatively empty....

Drag curls
          HS preacher curls
          DB preacher pinwheel (spider)
          Long rope pushdowns
          JM press
          Cable extensions

Was another good/productive day; and then the shopping. Long/tiring day though...

-s

Comment

• Slept pretty well last night; up this morning and had breakfast at the little restaurant then hit the gym for back. Was a longer session than usual, but really had nothing going on today, so I figured I'd do a little more/try a few things out (not be terribly aggressive on those).

Meadows rows
            Wide pulldowns (MAG)
            DY rows
            HS pullovers
            Rack deads
            Smith dead rows (light)
            Smith shrugs
            Banded hypers
            Pull-ups

Hit the gym about 0915 or so and it was relatively dead and stayed that way throughout my time there. Nothing else really happening today; hot/nasty out.

-s

Comment

• Fair enough. Yeah it totally sucks, but yeah sometimes all you can do is embrace the suck. I admit I I don't hate the window shopping aspect, but the actual process sucks

Comment

• I'm glad that shit is mostly over with; just not what I enjoy doing at all. I will enjoy all of it once it's delivered, for sure..but the picking out, buying, etc...blah...I'll gladly pass on that.

Up this morning early for some cardio on the max trainer and in the office by 0500. Hit the gym by 1400 for some chest and shoulders; it didn't hit me until I arrived that today was international chest day (just how the schedule falls sometimes). Wasn't bad...just one of those days...

Chest press
                (w/ over & backs)
                HS declines
                HS iso bench
                LF fly (machine) SS w/ stretch pushups
                Six pointers
                Heavy (swing) laterals (low)
                Laterals high
                Front raises

All-in-all a good workout...I wanted to get some DB work in, but that area was a little more packed than normal due to chest day. So, I made it work with the exercise choices today based on time and patience level. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter...I got some good work in; we'll knock out some DB's the next go'round.

Good news is on 1 July they will open up at 0400. It's not the 24/7 shit I was hoping for, but it's a start. Even last week there was rumint they weren't going to change the schedule to 0400 and keep things as is for a while; I'm certainly glad they are changing it (at least now, temporarily).

Here's to a good week; heading out of town on Friday for a few days to relax and see some family.

-s

Comment

• Looking good man. Definitely funny how we all become creatures of habit. I lifted in the early AM for a couple years and just don't love it. It's not like the results are wildly different, I just personally don't warm up well that early.

It seems like it would be useful. Get it done early, not have to worry about the day bleeding in... Glad to hear it's at least opening up earlier than any human should be awake

Comment

• Originally posted by Ganggreen View Post
                    Looking good man. Definitely funny how we all become creatures of habit. I lifted in the early AM for a couple years and just don't love it. It's not like the results are wildly different, I just personally don't warm up well that early.

It seems like it would be useful. Get it done early, not have to worry about the day bleeding in... Glad to hear it's at least opening up earlier than any human should be awake
                    Thanks, brotha. I've been lifting first thing for almost 20 years; started that early in the Marine Corps. I just like starting off the day that way, knocking it out, and not worry about other 'things' happening later in the day that might preclude me from hitting it. I did change it up a couple years ago when I was dating someone where I would workout in the afternoon here/there; but definitely not my preference. I've made it work here as it really hasn't been too busy...do what you have to do...

I'll take 0400 as opposed to 0700; I'm just a person/creature of habit. I like to have a schedule for consistency purposes...just how I'm wired.

-s

Comment

• Up and in the office early this morning; hit legs this afternoon. Last leg session for probably a week as I'll be chillin with margaritas and who knows what else this weekend until I get back early next week. Still have a few more workouts scheduled this week though....

Lying curls
                      Extensions
                      Leg Press
                      Squats
                      SLDL
                      Step-ups
                      Super Squat
                      Seated leg curls
                      Donkey calf raises

Did a little more than normal, but those extra exercises were just one or two sets, nothing very crazy. I had time and the gym wasn't terribly busy, so I figured I'd throw a couple extra things in there to see how they felt.

Up early for the gym (re)opening at 0400 tomorrow...

-s

Comment

• Up at 0300 to get ready for the 0400 gym open. Arrived at 0400 and when I left at/about 0515, maybe 10 people had been in there. I'll take that every single day, for sure. Hit arms today...

Arm blaster straight bar curls
                        EZ bar preachers
                        Rope (cable) hammers
                        Pushdowns v-bar
                        EZ bar extensions (incline)
                        CG bench
                        Pushdowns w/ dip/pull-up assist SS w/ seated machine curls

30min of cardio this afternoon at home on the max trainer.

Rolled early from work today and finished the day at home; will try and get out after the last meeting tomorrow @1330; have to get the beard trimmed before flying back home to see family (barber makes house calls...it's awesome).

0400 gym tomorrow for back.

-s

Comment

• Originally posted by slide View Post

Thanks, brotha. I've been lifting first thing for almost 20 years; started that early in the Marine Corps. I just like starting off the day that way, knocking it out, and not worry about other 'things' happening later in the day that might preclude me from hitting it. I did change it up a couple years ago when I was dating someone where I would workout in the afternoon here/there; but definitely not my preference. I've made it work here as it really hasn't been too busy...do what you have to do...

I'll take 0400 as opposed to 0700; I'm just a person/creature of habit. I like to have a schedule for consistency purposes...just how I'm wired.

-s
                          It's funny how that works. I've never had am overly physical job so even if I have had to work late it's just meant some extra kinks in the back to work out. Not quite like being in the Marines I bet

Hey 4am is great for social distancing.

Comment

• Definitely great for social distancing. I'm actually surprised the 'normal' 0400 crowd didn't show back up. I've left at 0515 yesterday and today and once again, no more than 10 people total. Perhaps they are still out of their respective offices and go in whenever they want...Just thought I'd see more people. Again, no complaints...

-s

Comment

• Up at 0300 in the gym at 0400. Hit back this morning...

1-arm pulldowns
                              Trap bar rows (into deads)
                              Banded pullups
                              Tbar rows
                              DB pullovers

No cardio today...beard trimmed, ran some errands, etc. Will hit chest/shoulders tomorrow morning...get cleaned up and head out for a few days...

-s

Comment

• johndylan15
                                johndylan15 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                What type of setup/grip do you prefer on the 1 arm pulldowns? I ask because when I use a lighter weight, it feels pretty wonderful but when I try to increase the weight to and land in the 10-12 rep range, I find myself using a lot of bicep and losing the mind-muscle in the lats.

• I use a supinated grip; supinating on the way down as your wrist allows and get a little stretch on way up with handles that allow you to rotate; fixed handles undoubtedly will hit biceps more.

In order to not feel it in the biceps, you need to lean slightly back and drive the elbow straight down and squeeze the lats; at the bottom lean into the lats a little and squeeze (tinychat side). If you are more upright (and do not lean back a little) you'll feel it more in the biceps vice the lats. JM just outlined this (again) recently in one of his vids.

Give that a try and see if it helps any.

-s

Comment

• johndylan15
                                johndylan15 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thank you for the feedback, sir.
                                I actually just watched the JM vid a day or two ago (I assume its the one you are talking about)
                                I will try leaning back a bit more, I think that I may be at too much of an upright angle.
                                Will give it a try. Thanks again.
                            Working...
                            X