Journal - slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journal - slide

I think it is about time for me to start journal of accountability here at IM and what better time to do that than today!? Started back in the gym yesterday after taking two weeks off of lifting and it certainly was a nice break, but now it is time to get back and make some significant gains and breakthroughs this year.

Weighed in this morning (31 Dec 2007) at 218, which is right about where I was when I took the two week break.

Hams - Ly Curl 180 x 19
    Quads - Hack 410 x 9; 270 x 20
    Calves - Seat 70 x 10
    Bis - Spider 80 x 19
    FA - Hammer 40 x 13

Felt good to get back in the gym and get back on track.

-slide
    Last edited by slide; 01-12-2008, 10:07 AM.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

good to see you in here slide. hit it hard bro.
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Best of luck with your 08 goals

"I don't care what anyone blows up your ass, you ain't sore you don't gain shit..." ~ InHuman

Comment

Thanks, bros. I appreciate it. Something I should have done a long time ago, but glad Ive done so now. Ive just started really reading this section and have enjoyed seeing how others have progressed.

No lifting today--just enjoyed Michigans victory over Florida.

-slide
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Welcome to journal land!

Happy New Year!!!

Comment

Best of luck with all the lifting; knock em out.
            sigpic

"So you don't want to train? Good, stay home. It's just more Jiu-Jitsu for me."
            - Ralph Gracie

Comment

Thanks IG and bcylee-much appreciated.

Today was a good day and I was pretty motivated--must have been the new songs downloaded in the iPod. Only one new person in the gym today, I was expecting more due to the Resolutioners, but I lift at 0500. Still sore from Monday, feel like an old man trying to get up and walk around, but thats a good thing.

Didnt take weight today and I think I am just going to do this once a week. Been sitting around 218 for a while, so every Sunday will probably work. Todays workout:

Chest - Incline Press 225 x 21
              Back - CG Pulldown 165 x 21
              Back - TBar 135 x 23
              Tris - CG Press 185 x 7; 155 x 18
              Shoulder - Seat Press 185 x 17

Obviously, need to up the weight in some areas and change from RP to straight with others as well. Also, getting a baseline is tough but should be good to go here shortly. All-in-all, not a bad day for me and I can already feel the soreness for tomorrow.

-slide

Comment

Sore today, but its that good sore that makes you think you actually did something. No lifting today, just 30 mins of cardio this morning and abs.

Not sleeping well right now and maybe its from the holidays staying up and getting off track with that schedule--but I sure hope this changes soon. 0400 comes quickly...

-slide

Comment

Still sore from Wednesdays workout, but feel good.

For this morning:

Hams - Sumo (leg) Press 425 x 19 (this one is new for me, testing it out)
                  Quads - Press 925 x 6; 525 x 21
                  Calves - Press (leg/toe) 415 x 13
                  Bis - Barbell drag 75 x 19 (new as well, very slow and controlled--may have had my hands too far out)
                  FA - 1arm rev cable curls 45 x 13

All-in-all, a good first week back in the gym with some new exercises and new found motivation.

-slide

Comment

Great lifting.

Sumo leg presses are awesome. They're so great for hamstring hypertrophy since it allows to you use soooo much more weight, compared to other hammie exercises such as seated or standing leg curls.
                    sigpic

- Ralph Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by bcylee View Post
                      Great lifting.

Sumo leg presses are awesome. They're so great for hamstring hypertrophy since it allows to you use soooo much more weight, compared to other hammie exercises such as seated or standing leg curls.
                      Thank you--much appreciated. The Sumo leg presses seem to be pretty good, definitely different for a first time try. Im glad I started checking out the journal forums (and other DC forums) as well for different ideas on how to progress and hit different areas with different exercises. All this information at our fingertips-just have to put it to use and be consistent.

Alright--cardio (30mins) and abs done this morning. Glad to get this out of the way and start the day.

-slide

Comment

Slept in an extra hour today, felt I needed it (or Im just lazy) and made it to the gym about 0600. The workout took a little longer today than Id liked, but I did have a couple new exercises, so I guess that added to it.

Weighed 218 (again) this morning. May need to look at my scale because it has said 218 every time over the past few weeks. Just weird.

Chest - HS Decline Press 420 x 18
                        Back - Rack Chins 45 x 28
                        Back - Rack Deads 405 x 8; 315 x 11
                        Tri - Rev. Grip Bench 190 x 26
                        Shoulder - Upright Rows 90 x 19 (plus small Olympic bar)

Again, some were a little too light, but I guess thats how things go when first starting out with new exercises. Like I said, get the baseline done and then move forward and keep adding weight.

-slide
                        Last edited by slide; 01-06-2008, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Back was a little tight this morning from the deads--hadnt done those in about 4 months and it showed (and felt like it too).

Another 30 mins of cardio on the cross-trainer this morning and abs after the cardio. Nothing else exciting...

-slide

Comment

Baselines look good. Get in there and destroy those numbers.
                            sigpic

- Ralph Gracie

Comment

Not a bad day in the gym, felt pretty good, but had SLDLs on the list for hammies and the back was still a little tight. Might have to change up to something different for the next workout after deads--something that doesnt have (as) much lower back strain like that exercise. Didnt seem to be an issue too much today w/ squats though, so thats a good thing.

Hams - SLDL 225 x 12 ss (cut it short w/ tight/stiffness in lower back)
                              Quads - Squat 345 x 8; 225 x 20
                              Calves - Donkey 220 x 15 (damn that DC stuff is something else for calves)
                              Bis - DBell Curls 45 x 20 (one arm at a time)
                              FA - Pinwheels 35 x 13 ss

Again, not bad and happy with how I am feeling thus far.

-slide

Comment

Working...
                              X