X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genetix
    started a topic Genetix: Road to Redemption

Genetix: Road to Redemption

I have just finished competing in my first Team Universe event on the 14th and 15th of ths month. I finished 13th out of 17 competitors in the ligh-heavyweight class and weighed in at 194lbs. I am currently prepping for the 2007 Team Universe and have been training since the 16th in a quest to come in bigger and harder than my first outing.
    My current bodyweight is 215lbs as of the 25th and I plan on it only going up! I have been implementing various training and dietary strategies in a quest to do so. I will be providing my workouts and nutrition/supplements for the time being for review and critique from any who feel the need to do so. I am also using this as a tool to better myself as a competitor both inside and outside of the gym. This will be a full year's worth of training as I prepare for my next NPC event.

-Matt Cena

• IronBrendan
    replied
    Me too.

Leave a comment:

• RedSkull
    replied
    Looking forward to the new workouts...

Leave a comment:

• Genetix
    replied
    Well October the 2nd marks the begining of my second BFT training cycle. I have still been working out regularly but with the odd hours at work and a lot of other things going on have not updated the journal. Starting next monday I will be posting all of the workouts again. So the countdown is on and I can't wait to start the Brutal F##king Torture training again, I will keep all those interested updated.

Brendan, before I head out I will contact you and we will get some workouts in when I head back out to CA since your up for it, hope your training is going well.

-Matt

Leave a comment:

• IronBrendan
    replied
    Originally posted by Genetix
    Yeah, I guess your right so it's got to be pretty much like where I am at now.

How far away is San Bernadino form Venice?

I don't go out there as often as I would like now that I am in MA and busy here but I will let you know when I am heading west again if you feel like getting a few workouts in when I am out there.

-Matt
    Hell yeah I'd be interested. It's about 2 hours away but I'd gladly make the drive to train with you.

Leave a comment:

• Genetix
    replied
    Yeah, I guess your right so it's got to be pretty much like where I am at now.

How far away is San Bernadino form Venice?

I don't go out there as often as I would like now that I am in MA and busy here but I will let you know when I am heading west again if you feel like getting a few workouts in when I am out there.

-Matt

Leave a comment:

• IronBrendan
    replied
    Brendan, I would definitely move to SoCal if I could, believe me. I lived in Venice for a year and that was an incredible experience. I think for the most part there are a lot more people who are serious about their t raining out there. Either that or they are just easier to find.
    I had the privelage to train with the likes of Will "World" Harris, Joe DeAngelis and others while I lived out there. I still talk to many of the people I met when I lived there and maybe someday will be back out there but unfortunately I don't think that will happen in the near future.

-Matt
    Well, if you live in Venice, good training partners are definitely not hard to find. In san Bernardino, it's a little harder.

Leave a comment:

• Genetix
    replied
    Brendan, I would definitely move to SoCal if I could, believe me. I lived in Venice for a year and that was an incredible experience. I think for the most part there are a lot more people who are serious about their t raining out there. Either that or they are just easier to find.
    I had the privelage to train with the likes of Will "World" Harris, Joe DeAngelis and others while I lived out there. I still talk to many of the people I met when I lived there and maybe someday will be back out there but unfortunately I don't think that will happen in the near future.

-Matt

Leave a comment:

• IronBrendan
    replied
    I cannot wait to start my next BFT Cycle but may be venturing into it alone. I was planning on starting Monday, which was the 18th. My training partners were very much against the idea and my work schedule this week has me somewhat thrown off as far as rest goes, so in a way I am glad we didn't train BFT today. I spoke briefly with them about training and our next BFT to which a look came over them. It's kind of like the same look as a child who knows they are about to be disciplined for something they have done wrong.

Anyway the conscensus was they do not think that mentally or physically they are ready to recover from the program. I see their point as it is very taxing on the body but the results cannot be denied. I am in the process of finding information on how to modify the program so that I can train alone or with limited spotting as it is hard to find compitent spotters for this program. Nonetheless I will resume BFT shortly and you guys will be the first ones to know once I start back up.

-Matt
    You could always move to southern california so I can be your training partner!

Leave a comment:

• Genetix
    replied
    I cannot wait to start my next BFT Cycle but may be venturing into it alone. I was planning on starting Monday, which was the 18th. My training partners were very much against the idea and my work schedule this week has me somewhat thrown off as far as rest goes, so in a way I am glad we didn't train BFT today. I spoke briefly with them about training and our next BFT to which a look came over them. It's kind of like the same look as a child who knows they are about to be disciplined for something they have done wrong.

Anyway the conscensus was they do not think that mentally or physically they are ready to recover from the program. I see their point as it is very taxing on the body but the results cannot be denied. I am in the process of finding information on how to modify the program so that I can train alone or with limited spotting as it is hard to find compitent spotters for this program. Nonetheless I will resume BFT shortly and you guys will be the first ones to know once I start back up.

-Matt

Leave a comment:

• RedSkull
    replied
    I'm following... good luck with the next 'blast'.

Leave a comment:

• Genetix
    replied
    I have once again slipped on the updates. I have been spending my time attempting to construct a diet regimen and supplement protocol to allow me to get the most out of my upcoming BFT cycle. I am going to be going back to BFT shortly, by myself if need be, and wish to take advantage of the gains that this training style can offer. I will post my first BFT workout as my next training session, until then I will have normal volume training workouts but will leave those in my notebook instead of posting them here.
    Thanks to all who are following along and I will be training in high gear very shortly.

-Matt

Leave a comment:

• IronBrendan
    replied
    Damn I wish I could mess with board pressing.

Looking good in here Matt!

Leave a comment:

• Genetix
    replied
    still need to post the workouts from last week, which are in my journal at my house, but today was chest and I finally pulled it together.
    Chest
    Flat Bench Board Presses
    225lbs x 6
    275lbs x 6
    315lbs x 6
    335lbs x 3
    355lbs x 2
    355lbs x 2
    double board bench
    405lbs x 3
    425lbs x 3
    Calves
    Standing Calf Raises
    570lbs x failure for 3 sets

I know that I am capable of training hard, when properly eating and resting. I am incorporating changes in the diet and will be ready to start a new BFT Cycle very shortly. I was mentally 100% focused going into todays workout and was determined to conquer 365lbs on board bench, which had stumped my first two attempts 2 weeks ago. As you can see I broke that today. I was rested and ready to train. I will be training again tommorow and will update the journal afterwards.

-Matt

Leave a comment:

• Genetix
    replied
    Yes, i will be bridging my training now between BFT cycles. I guess that it could be compared to a "cruise" cycle in DC Training.
    I think that due to inadequate supplementation and eating, coupled with not enough rest led to overtraining. I am going to up my eating and supplements while in between training cycles and try BFT again in about 3-4 weeks. Hopefully the next time around I will be able to recover better and train harder.

-Matt

Leave a comment:

Working...
X