Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genetix: Road to Redemption

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Ouch,

    I don't think there will be any "critics" of BFT here. Almost everyone trains DC style and that's about as close to BFT as it gets. Moreoever, ANYONE can get hurt in the weight room the way you did.

    Hope you recover soon bro.
    "Intensity is finite, volume is finite, weights are infinite." - DC

    "Everyone seems to think having a strict diet is hardcore. Wrong! It’s so easy. There is no strain or effort. You just follow the damn diet! Hardcore is stuffing your face to the point where you feel like you’re going to pop and then going to get a milkshake." --Dave "Fuckin'" Tate

    Get 5% OFF at trueprotein.com with Discount Code: BTR777

    Formerly El_Animal

    Comment


    • #47
      8/8
      Tuesday
      Shoulders and Triceps
      Cable Side Laterals
      25lbs x 12 wu
      55lbs x 3+6, 35 x 3+6, 25 x 2+8, 15 x 4+6
      55lbs x 2 +8, 35 x 2+8, 25 x 2+8, 15 x 4+8
      Bodymasters Shoulder Press
      250lbs x 6+6, 200 x 4+6, 120 x4+6, 50 x 4+6**
      **these were all ZMR reps which means pauses at both top and bottom portion of the movement and prressing slowly
      Tricep Pressdowns
      140lbs x 10+6, 100 x 6+6, 60 x 5+2, 30 x 30
      150 x 10, 100 x 10, 60 x 10, 30 x 40
      -these were not done in BFT fashion, pressdowns performed at a lat pulldown station.
      www.mattcena.com

      Comment


      • #48
        The reason for my lack of workouts, I was ill. I have had stomach problems in the past and experienced them again since Monday afternoon of last week, affecting my workout there as well but not as much.
        I was told after my first round of CAT scans back in June that everythinbg was o.k. and they couldn't at that time find anything wrong. Last week was round two of CAT scans and I was told there was a problem.
        I was diagnosed and told I have diverticulitis, which is what caused my severe stomach pains. I have been given changes I need to make and am feeling better already. I will be training again today, after a week of an unexpected layoff and will post that when I finish. I can't wait to get back into the gym today.

        -Matt Cena
        www.mattcena.com

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Genetix
          The reason for my lack of workouts, I was ill. I have had stomach problems in the past and experienced them again since Monday afternoon of last week, affecting my workout there as well but not as much.
          I was told after my first round of CAT scans back in June that everythinbg was o.k. and they couldn't at that time find anything wrong. Last week was round two of CAT scans and I was told there was a problem.
          I was diagnosed and told I have diverticulitis, which is what caused my severe stomach pains. I have been given changes I need to make and am feeling better already. I will be training again today, after a week of an unexpected layoff and will post that when I finish. I can't wait to get back into the gym today.

          -Matt Cena
          Sorry to hear about the stomach problems Matt. I hope everything works out OK and you have a great workout.
          "Intensity is finite, volume is finite, weights are infinite." - DC

          "Everyone seems to think having a strict diet is hardcore. Wrong! It’s so easy. There is no strain or effort. You just follow the damn diet! Hardcore is stuffing your face to the point where you feel like you’re going to pop and then going to get a milkshake." --Dave "Fuckin'" Tate

          Get 5% OFF at trueprotein.com with Discount Code: BTR777

          Formerly El_Animal

          Comment


          • #50
            I wondered where your workouts were Matt. Good luck with the diverticulitis. Glad you're feeling somewhat better already.

            What do you think of the BFT gains thus far? (If you don't think it's too early to ask)
            PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

            Comment


            • #51
              Wow Matt!!!Glad to see you are enjoying the BFT!!!
              Jeff

              Comment


              • #52
                Tuesday
                Shoulders and Triceps
                Shoulders
                Hammer Strength Shoulder Press
                90lbs x 10 wu
                90lbs x 15wu
                270lbs x 10+4, 180 x 2+4, 90 x 3+4
                270lbs x 7+2, 180 x 3+2, 90 x 5+5
                BodyMasters Rear Flyes
                200lbs x 12+3, 120 x 9+3, 70 x 10+4
                Triceps
                Close Grip Smith Machine Presses
                195lbs x 20+2, 145 x 4+2, 95 x 4+2
                245lbs x 13+2, 195 x 1+3, 145 x 2+2, 95 x 5+2
                Reverse Grip Overhead Lying Extensions
                45lbs x 10

                This workout was not traditional pre exhaust BFT fashion. My partners were finished with their 6th week, they trained BFT during the end of my contest prep and then I hopped in with them on the Monday after my show. We changed things up a little for this workout, added rear delts....all in all I was pleased, even though I am not at 100%. I had dropped quite a bit of weight during my illness and abscence from the gym, back on track now though. Tonight is Back and Biceps, i can't wait till the 6 O'Clock start time!

                -Matt Cena
                www.mattcena.com

                Comment


                • #53
                  Awesome workout Matt!!
                  Jeff

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Genetix
                    Tuesday
                    Shoulders and Triceps
                    Shoulders
                    Hammer Strength Shoulder Press
                    90lbs x 10 wu
                    90lbs x 15wu
                    270lbs x 10+4, 180 x 2+4, 90 x 3+4
                    270lbs x 7+2, 180 x 3+2, 90 x 5+5
                    BodyMasters Rear Flyes
                    200lbs x 12+3, 120 x 9+3, 70 x 10+4
                    Triceps
                    Close Grip Smith Machine Presses
                    195lbs x 20+2, 145 x 4+2, 95 x 4+2
                    245lbs x 13+2, 195 x 1+3, 145 x 2+2, 95 x 5+2
                    Reverse Grip Overhead Lying Extensions
                    45lbs x 10

                    This workout was not traditional pre exhaust BFT fashion. My partners were finished with their 6th week, they trained BFT during the end of my contest prep and then I hopped in with them on the Monday after my show. We changed things up a little for this workout, added rear delts....all in all I was pleased, even though I am not at 100%. I had dropped quite a bit of weight during my illness and abscence from the gym, back on track now though. Tonight is Back and Biceps, i can't wait till the 6 O'Clock start time!

                    -Matt Cena
                    Good job bro. Hammer those back and biceps tonight!
                    "Intensity is finite, volume is finite, weights are infinite." - DC

                    "Everyone seems to think having a strict diet is hardcore. Wrong! It’s so easy. There is no strain or effort. You just follow the damn diet! Hardcore is stuffing your face to the point where you feel like you’re going to pop and then going to get a milkshake." --Dave "Fuckin'" Tate

                    Get 5% OFF at trueprotein.com with Discount Code: BTR777

                    Formerly El_Animal

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Tough ass looking workout!

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
                        Here is last nights Back and Biceps workout
                        Back
                        Pullups
                        bw x 10 as wu
                        Cable Pullovers
                        155lbs x 15+6, 105 x 8+6, 65 x8+6
                        Bent Over T Bar Style Rows
                        100lbs x 10
                        100lbs x 10
                        100lbs x 10
                        Hammer Strength Preacher Curls
                        125lbs x 10+3, 100 x1+3, 75 x 1+3, 50 x 17+3
                        100lbs x 10+4, 75x 1+3, 50 x13+2, 25 x33+7

                        My arms were flooded by the time this was over to the point where I could barely drink my proeitin drink because I couldn't bring my arm up to my mouth!
                        I think looking back we should have increased the weight on the biceps to prevent such high reps on the last drop. I am finding for some reason I cannot get the reps that I want during the 1st and sometimes 2nd drops but on the final drop I do o.k. I am trying to figure out how to increase my reps on these portions of the set. Next week will be my "off week" so the workouts will be drop sets ith no forced reps for 1 set only.
                        We train legs on saturday and I will post after that.
                        Thanks again for the support.

                        -Matt Cena
                        www.mattcena.com

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Great workouts, Matt! Gotta love that "can't get your hand to your mouth feeling" after training!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Matt,

                            How do you set up your cable pull overs? I've been wanting to try that exercise for a while but I don't have a machine for it in my gym.
                            "Intensity is finite, volume is finite, weights are infinite." - DC

                            "Everyone seems to think having a strict diet is hardcore. Wrong! It’s so easy. There is no strain or effort. You just follow the damn diet! Hardcore is stuffing your face to the point where you feel like you’re going to pop and then going to get a milkshake." --Dave "Fuckin'" Tate

                            Get 5% OFF at trueprotein.com with Discount Code: BTR777

                            Formerly El_Animal

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Brendan, I have set them up two different ways. One across flat bench and the other off of an incline.
                              Take a flat bench and place it perpendicular to a low cable attachement, a few feet away from the machine. I use a v-bar but you could also use a rope. When you perform the actual pullover you will be stopping just about above your chest, due to the cable and the bench coming in contact but I find this to be fine for training back.
                              The other option is take an incline bench, set it up with the top of the bench in line with an adjustable cable set up. Put the cable up a few notches and use the same rope or vbar.
                              If you try them let me know what you think.

                              -Matt Cena
                              www.mattcena.com

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Genetix
                                Brendan, I have set them up two different ways. One across flat bench and the other off of an incline.
                                Take a flat bench and place it perpendicular to a low cable attachement, a few feet away from the machine. I use a v-bar but you could also use a rope. When you perform the actual pullover you will be stopping just about above your chest, due to the cable and the bench coming in contact but I find this to be fine for training back.
                                The other option is take an incline bench, set it up with the top of the bench in line with an adjustable cable set up. Put the cable up a few notches and use the same rope or vbar.
                                If you try them let me know what you think.

                                -Matt Cena
                                Will do. Thanks Matt.
                                "Intensity is finite, volume is finite, weights are infinite." - DC

                                "Everyone seems to think having a strict diet is hardcore. Wrong! It’s so easy. There is no strain or effort. You just follow the damn diet! Hardcore is stuffing your face to the point where you feel like you’re going to pop and then going to get a milkshake." --Dave "Fuckin'" Tate

                                Get 5% OFF at trueprotein.com with Discount Code: BTR777

                                Formerly El_Animal

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X