• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fotisro's bodybuilding log

Some stats and info about me:
    • Almost 25 years old
    • Have been lifting on and off for 8 or so years
    • Bw is at a chubby-ish 90 kg / 198 lbs
    • Most of my training has been strength focused, using the westside system ( or at least the methods Louie popularized

As time went by, I started caring more about being big and lean that 1 rep maxes.This will be my log to coming closer and closer to that

I will follow a push pull legs split, training 2 days on, 1 day off, 1 day on, 1 day off.This will allow me to hit every muscle group once every 5 days.Although I've read from way more experienced individuals than me that the 2 way split is more ideal for someone looking to grow overall, I really like the extra days between leg and back work.Not to mention that due to the quarantine I'll be training at home, so I'll be using almost exclusively free weights which exhaust more the lower back
    Last edited by fotisro; 02-13-2021, 06:26 PM.

So, here's the plan for the upcoming cycle.Any input is appreciated.
    • Push: 1 chest press RP, 1 chest fly SS, 1 shoulder press RP, side laterals SS, tricep pressing exercise or extension
    • Pull: 1 back width exercise RP, pullovers SS,1 back thickness exercise 1 straight set and 1 back off set, 1 bicep curl variation, 1 forearm variation
    • Legs: hamstring curls RP, quad variation SS, leg extensions RP, hamstring variation (rdl, sldl ect)

I will rotate 3 exercises per muscle group.Also I will do extreme stretching
    • Chest: incline bb press (probably with reverse bands), dumbbell incline press, barbell flat press done slowly with pausing for higher reps
    • Shoulders: dumbbell seated press, high incline bb press, press btn seated
    • Triceps: depends on if I'll choose to do pressing, extensions or mix it up
    • Back width: rack chins, parallel grip pullups, rack chins behind the head
    • Back thickness: barbell row, dumbbell row (probably chest supported), meadows rows
    • Biceps: barbell curls, incline dm curls, spider curls
    • Forearms: dm hammer curls, reverse ez bb curls, 1 more I haven't thought of yet
    • Quads: heels elevated squats, front squats (since I do not have many choices and will only do heavier sets on those), bulgarian split squats letting the knee travel more forward
    • Hams: Rdls, sldl, good mornings probably

Looking to drop around 10 kg / 22 lbs in the upcoming 3 months

P.S. I do not claim I use dc training.I love Dante's work but I do realize the above deviates from what he recommends
    Last edited by fotisro; 02-13-2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

To sum it up, since tomorrow I start, nutrition and cardio:
      • Nutrition: I'll be eating 2000 calories, with protein being at a minimum of 200 grams.Will not count veggies
      • Cardio: Will start with an hour of walking per day and adjust accordingly

Comment

CHEST, SHOULDERS & TRICEPS (T.C. no.1)

Since this is a break in week, nothing was taken to failure, no rp, no extreme stretching.Just putting in some reps

Low incline (1) bench press, reverse yellow bands
        20 kg x 15
        40 kg x 6
        60 kg / 132 lbs x 8.I will probably go for a 20 rep rest pause on these.For some odd reason on incline work I can progress way faster with lighter weights

Flat dumbbell flies
        7 kg / 15.4 lbs x 15

Seated (5) dumbbell shoulder press
        7 kg x 8
        17 kg / 37.4 lbs x 8 Will go for a 15 rep rp on these.Unless I start with shoulder pressing, my shoulders work way better on lower rep ranges when fatigued

Seated side laterals
        2 kg / 4.4 lbs x 16

Dips
        Bw x 6 As a young moron, I used to do these with 66 lbs around my waist, while weighting 220+ pounds, going way too deep.After a while my sternum started feeling like it would crack in half, so I dropped them all together.Now, after a few years, they seem to not bother me as long as I stay upright.So I'll start from here and see where I can take them.Felt awesome on my tris

What I ate:
        Meal no1: 2 scoops of whey protein + a no calorie energy drink
        Meal no2: 211 grams of chicken breast + 140 grams of chickpeas
        Meal no3: 1 scoop of whey + 1 teaspoon of honey + a little bit of apple and kiwi
        Meal no4: 91 grams of chicken breast + 340 grams of chickpeas + 140 grams of Feta cheese
        Meal no5: 2 scoops of casein protein
        Last edited by fotisro; 02-15-2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

BACK & BICEPS (T.C. no.1)

Rack chins
          bw x 3, 3
          bw x 6 Trying to do these with good form, as I've read most people screw them up

Barbell pullovers
          20 kg / 44 lbs x 11 Not bad, especially since it wasn't to failure.I wanted a bit more control though, so I'll use the non-olympic bar next time, so that I can go lighter

Pendlay rows
          20 kg x 10
          60 kg / 132 lbs x 4 smaller plates are too small to allow me to start from a dead stop.This is a good weight for the first set, but I wanted to be able to go a bit lighter on the second set.Oh well, I'll either buy some bumper plates, set up some plates on each side to be able to start from a dead stop with the smaller plates (if that made sense) or just stick with this weight for both sets until I get stronger

Seated, back supported (5) dumbbell curls
          2 kg x 10
          7 kg / 15.4 lbs x 9

Hammer curls
          7 kg / 15.4 lbs x 7

What I ate:
          Meal no1: 2 scoops of whey protein + a simit
          Meal no2: 1 scoop of whey + a small snack
          Meal no3: 154 grams of chicken breast + 214 grams of fava beans
          Meal no4: 155 grams of chicken breast + 260 grams of fava beans + 47 grams of cheese mix

Morning weight was 87.3 kg / 192 lbs.I also did a 30-45 minute walk as soon as I woke up
          Last edited by fotisro; 02-16-2021, 08:42 PM.

Comment

What I ate:

Meal no1: 2 scoops of whey protein + an energy drink
            Meal no2: 1 scoop of whey + a salad with a bit of yogurt and olive oil
            Meal no3: 153 grams of chicken breast + 550 grams of boiled potatoes with onions
            Meal no4: 6 eggs + 2 spoons of honey

Morning weight was 87.5 kg /193 lbs

Comment

LEGS (T.C. no.1)

Band leg curls
              yellow x 10
              orange x 8
              yellow + orange x 5 I could go for more with this resistance, but will stay with the orange band with super slow negatives for the time being

Heels raised high bar squats
              20 kg x 8
              60 kg x 5
              80 kg / 176 lbs x 3 A nice starting point

Dumbbell leg extensions
              7 kg / 15.4 lbs x lots of reps.Will do these with long pauses at the top and slow negatives.Strangly these felt great

Sldl
              20 kg x 5
              60 kg x 5
              80 kg x 4 I have almost never done those.Still figuring them out

What I ate:
              Meal no1: 2 scoops of whey protein
              Meal no2: 300 grams of slow cooked beef + 160 grams of pasta
              Meal no3: 1 scoop of whey + an energy drink
              Meal no4: 149 grams of chicken breast + 301 grams of cooked rice + 100 grams of yogurt

Morning weight was 86.8 kg / 191 lbs

Comment

Working...
              X