Roche's Training Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roche's Training Log

Gyms have opened back up so I will be starting a blast this upcoming week. For context, I've been training seriously for 4 years but only have 4 blasts under my belt. Unfortunately, the pandemic halted my training. The goal is to get back up to where I was, and then some, as quickly as possible. To get some accountability, and possibly some feedback, I will be logging my workouts. To anyone who takes the time to read my log, thanks. To anyone who takes the time to offer comments/criticism, thanks again.

STATS

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 220 lbs
    Body fat: 10%

BLAST #5

A1

Incline press (11-15 rp)
    Smith shoulder press (11-15 rp)
    Floor skull crushers (15-30 rp)
    Close grip pulldown (11-15 rp)
    Deadlift (6-9 ss + 9-12 ss)

B1

Ez-bar curl (11-20 rp)
    Pinwheel curl (10-20 ss)
    Standing calf raise (10-12 @ 5/15/x)
    Lying leg curl (15-30 rp)
    Squat (4-8ss + 20 wm)

A2

Machine press (11-15 rp)
    Upright rows (11-20 rp)
    Close grip press (11-15 rp)
    Hammer strength pulldown (11-15 rp)
    T-bar row (10-12 ss)

B2

Incline dumbbell curl (11-20 rp)
    Reverse grip one-arm cable curl (10-20 ss)
    Leg press calf raise (10-12 @ 5/15/x)
    Stiff-leg deadlifts (6-9 ss + 9-12 ss)
    Leg press (4-8 ss + 20 wm)

A3

Hammer strength press (11-15 rp)
    Machine shoulder press (11-15 rp)
    Reverse grip smith press (11-15 rp)
    Weighted chin up (11-15 rp)
    Barbell row (10-12 ss)

B3

Machine preacher curl (11-20 rp)
    Hammer curl (10-20 ss)
    Seated calf raise (10-12 @ 5/15/x)
    Seated leg curl (15-30 rp)
    Front squat (4-8 ss)
    Leg press (20 wm)

CARDIO

On non-training days: 45 min. of cycling or swimming.

NUTRITION

Meal 1: 6 eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, banana, multivitamin, 2 fish oil, 2 vitamin C

Meal 2: 2 scoops whey, pint of skim milk, 2 tbsp. evoo

Meal 3: 10 oz. chicken, 1 cup rice

Meal 4: 10 oz. chicken, 1 cup rice

Meal 5: 10 oz. beef, 1 cup rice

Meal 6: 4 eggs, 1 cup vegetables

Meal 7: 2 scoops whey, 2 tbsp. evoo

Pre: 2 tbsp. Gatorade powder, 8 oz. coconut water

Intra: 1 tbsp. Gatorade powder, 10 g BCAA, 5 g creatine mono

Post: 2 scoops whey, 1 cup fruit, 5 g creatine mono, pint of skim milk

(Training days and non-training days differ only by pre/post/intra nutrition)

Wow, that's a lot of meals, especially on training days!

Comment

• Roche
      Roche commented
      Editing a comment
      It's definitely challenging to get the meals in. That is the most frequent meal plan I've tried so we'll see how it goes. I'll be following your log, 615 deadlift was impressive!

Monday, July 13, 2020

A1

Incline press 225 - 6/3/2
    Smith shoulder press 185 - 6/3/2
    Floor skull crushers 55/side - 12/4/3
    Close grip pulldown 190 - 8/3/2
    Deadlift 405 - 5, 365 - 8

Strength is down as expected after 3 months no weights. Should be able to bounce back quickly if I keep pushing the food. Other than that, new gym since my old one is still closed. Nice to have some new toys to play with.

Comment

Cool. I will follow this!

Comment

• Roche
        Roche commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate it. Hope your prep is going well, I'll continue to follow your progress!

What does that come out to macros-wise? Do you have a coach or doing it yourself?

I fucking love food so...yah. I still remember stuffing down a sleeve of bagels PWO on my way from the college gym to my job in a supermarket hahaha

Comment

Comes out to 5300 cal with approx. 390 carbs/ 190 fats/ 490 protein. In ratios, that's 30% carb/ 33% fat/ 37% protein. Doing everything myself.

I'm in the middle of college right now. Fun times before corona hit.
        Last edited by Roche; 07-14-2020, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roche View Post
          Comes out to 5300 cal with approx. 390 carbs/ 190 fats/ 490 protein. In ratios, that's 30% carb/ 33% fat/ 37% protein. Doing everything myself.

I'm in the middle of college right now. Fun times before corona hit.
          I hear you. Rough time to be in college man. What's the weight gain like on that kind of intake?

Comment

Originally posted by Ganggreen View Post

I hear you. Rough time to be in college man. What's the weight gain like on that kind of intake?
            I'm trying to go for 1 lb a week. While gyms were closed I was only taking in 3500 but right before quarantine started I was at 5000 on training days so only 300 cal increase. That was making me gain 0.5-1 lb a week. Any modifications you think I should make?

Comment

I'm trying to go for 1 lb a week. While gyms were closed I was only taking in 3500 but right before quarantine started I was at 5000 on training days so only 300 cal increase. That was making me gain 0.5-1 lb a week. Any modifications you think I should make?
              Naw man, I'd give it a few weeks are how much you do/don't gain. I'm just impressed by the calories lol. That's good shit.

Comment

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

B1

Ez-bar curl 50/side x 8/3/2
                Pinwheel curl 50's x 13,13
                Standing calf raise 80/side x 11
                Lying leg curl 100 x 13/8/5
                Squat 345 x 3, 255 x 23

Overestimated my strength on the squat after the time off. Made up for it on the widowmaker, those extra reps were torture. I forgot how painful dc calf reps are.

Comment

Ok one thought on the diet. What's up with the pre/Peri workout split? Jolt of carbs to the system Along with carbs before the workout?

Comment

Ok one thought on the diet. What's up with the pre/Peri workout split? Jolt of carbs to the system Along with carbs before the workout?
                    Could you elaborate? I'm not entirely clear about what you're suggesting.

Comment

Could you elaborate? I'm not entirely clear about what you're suggesting.

Not sure I understand this sequence. Think this wouldnt be optimal gastrointestinally and in terms of glycogen.

basically, question is why PF meal then simple carbs immediately pre-workout instead of a P/C meal pre-workout?

Normally I'd think:

​​​​​Meal 7: Meat/Carbs

Skip what you have as pre-workout

Comment

Not sure I understand this sequence. Think this wouldnt be optimal gastrointestinally and in terms of glycogen.

basically, question is why PF meal then simple carbs immediately pre-workout instead of a P/C meal pre-workout?

Normally I'd think:

​​​​​Meal 7: Meat/Carbs

Skip what you have as pre-workout

Ahhh I see what you mean. That's my bad I wasn't clear when I wrote out my diet. I workout after M3 or M4 depending on my schedule. I just put pre/post/intra nutrition at the end because my schedule varies and I don't always workout at the same exact time.

That being said, you don't suggest simple carbs pre workout?

Comment

Ahhh I see what you mean. That's my bad I wasn't clear when I wrote out my diet. I workout after M3 or M4 depending on my schedule. I just put pre/post/intra nutrition at the end because my schedule varies and I don't always workout at the same exact time.

That being said, you don't suggest simple carbs pre workout?
                          That seems to be personal preference. I understand what you're doing now and what you're doing makes sense actually.

Personally, I go PC about 2 hrs pre-workout. Pre-workout d(caffeine shit) 30mins before, then sip on intra during workout. I've never really liked trying to put in the simple carbs right before, but thats personal preference. It makes sense why you might do it for energy and glycogen, I just don't really like it. Makes me feel heavy and sluggish. But again, that doesn't make me right for everyone.. to paraphrase Justin Harris, I've never seen a Mr. O use an intraworkout shake consistently but in theory an intraworkout IS optimal

Comment

Working...
                          X