X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6/25/20
    AM Weight 238.3
    30 Mins LISS
    I am liking the diet changes so far. I feel quite a bit more recovered andj stronger. The jury is still out on body competicompetition I'm left to assume that the jumps in weight (including this morning) are glycogen and water, seeing as the calories are not overly high and no one gains 10lb in a week anyway. The speed of weight gain will bear monitoring though.

Comment

6/26/20 Training

​​​Nice little press day after stressful day at work. Highlighted by axle clean and press away 240*4 and 250*2 after some volume work at 210

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB68zSGH...d=ksieo06fskl8

Comment

Nice lifting Kyle!

Comment

Originally posted by Rot-Iron66 View Post
          Nice lifting Kyle!
          Thanks bro.

6/28/20
          AM Weight 234.9
          30 Minutes of LISS pull Day 2 Later

Comment

6/27/20
            Training Deficit Axle Deadlifts 390*8*4
            Accessories

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB9ZAh1n...=1g9cdascuohar

Comment

Originally posted by Ganggreen View Post
              6/27/20
              Training Deficit Axle Deadlifts 390*8*4
              Accessories

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB9ZAh1n...=1g9cdascuohar
              You made that weight look pretty easy though...Good work.

-s
              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

6/28/20
                Legs and strongman stuff Front Squats worked up to 315*8 and 365*3
                Axle cleans
                Keg Loading
                Keg load plus drag Medley

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB_4SBrH...d=5oyoyotkwdli

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB_5LpaH...=1umma6bbpf1us

Comment

AM Weight 237.8
                  30 Mins LISS Real grinder of a press day today. Just wasn't all there. Bit of a lighter week next week, so need to get through this week, then the real work begins.

Comment

killing those workouts, following on IG. Do you plan on competing again or do you compete in strongman?

Comment

Originally posted by justaguy View Post
                      killing those workouts, following on IG. Do you plan on competing again or do you compete in strongman?
                      I compete in Strongman. One day, I'd do a bb show, but at the moment, I'm trying to move up a class in strongman given my lanky frame so being stage lean is a ways off lol

6/30
                      AM Weight 238.5 (this is getting ridiculous)
                      30 Mins LISS

Comment

So after 10 days on the updated diet, you seem to be moving quickly upwards. How do you feel? d

-s
                        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Originally posted by slide View Post
                          So after 10 days on the updated diet, you seem to be moving quickly upwards. How do you feel? d

-s
                          Full. Muscle wise and also stomach wise. Actually really bloated at times. Granted it has been a weird ten days. Lot of stress from work, but good compliance with the plan. I want to give it time to see if the weight levels off soon (it should the calories aren't all that high)

Pull Day
                          Snatch Grip Deads 425*8*4
                          Farmers Carry 250*3
                          Accessories

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCFHQdgn...=12lsoupc0mpea

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCFJ5htH...=1rsab7s3qxz5w

Comment

7/1/20
                            AM Weight 234.0
                            20 Mins LISS

High bar squats 455*5*4
                            Front Squats 315*3,4,3,4; 275*6,6,6,225*10,10 Accessories

No yoke today. Threw in a couple extra sets of fronts. Weird rep scheme on fronts because they were a secondary exercise and my knees and lower back were not feeling it today.

​​​Hit the prescribed weights on the main exercise (high bar squats) and kept the fronts moving up incrementally but in a very minor way to avoid injury.

Will be adding belt in on some non-pressing exercises soon. I think this is the strongest I've been on Beltless versions.

Trying to keep the CNS relatively fresh and autoregulate. No fronts on events day (Sunday) this week as a result. Will probably either focus on medleys and conditioning as I am feeling cleans in my joints more lately or move some pressing to events day and spend press day #1 on press accessories depending on how I feel.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCHv6LfH...=1kmap6wyxsegu

Comment

Never a bad day when you can type "strongest I've been" in the log.
                              How did you originally get in to Strongman?
                              My greatest opponent is myself. Every time I walk into the gym, I have to beat the person I was before!

Comment

Originally posted by johndylan15 View Post
                                Never a bad day when you can type "strongest I've been" in the log.
                                How did you originally get in to Strongman?
                                So I'm from the same town as Jesse Marunde, and he died when I was a kid. I was always in to WSM, always enjoyed watching it on ESPN and it was kind of my first strength sport intro. Started lifting for football in HS, kinda left that behind thinking how cool BB'ers looked.

Eventually ended up kind of lifting without a goal just...because it was part of my identity. Didn't really love it, just...did it outta habit. No concrete goals, spun my wheels for a few years
                                ​​​
                                ​​Rediscovered strongman a year of so ago, entered a comp, loved 100% of it, fell in love with the weights again. Once or twice over the last year I've done more of a bb'er training cycle, thinking maybe I wanna train for a show or train like that. By the end of the 4-8 weeks I'm ready to get back to strongman. Idk just really enjoy the weirdness of the movements, and while I'm not overly weak or fat, I'm not the strongest statically and I'm not the most aesthetic. But I'm relatively athletic and competitive so that suits me

Comment

• johndylan15
                                  johndylan15 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I am just always interested to know what lead people to the various types of training they prefer. I appreciate you taking the time. I always enjoyed watching WSM when I was younger also. Finding that niche in the fitness world that you love or always come back to is, in my opinion, one of the most important parts. Thanks for sharing, my man
                              Working...
                              X