Getting Less Weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
    Cardio, blah. Starting very slowly with this. I think if I can actually knock out three days of cardio per week consistently I might consider getting a wheeled sled to push in the street, as I’m not really going for fat loss right now but more for overall conditioning and cardiovascular health.

Jumprope
    4 sets of 50 (god I feel old doing these)

Rower
    1min intervals- 8 mins

Followed by tons of stretching for the calves
    Cardio sucks. I'm in the same spot as you, not really doing it for fatloss, more for GPP. I think it may help you even more than you anticipate.

Anecdotally, I find that as I keep my cardio up, I am able to overhead press and log press easier because my cardiovascular capacity is no longer my limiting factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganggreen View Post

Cardio sucks. I'm in the same spot as you, not really doing it for fatloss, more for GPP. I think it may help you even more than you anticipate.

Anecdotally, I find that as I keep my cardio up, I am able to overhead press and log press easier because my cardiovascular capacity is no longer my limiting factor.
      I just wish my knees would hold up to running.
      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Pulldowns
        90- 3x12

Slow Strict BB Row
        95- 3x8

Inverted Pull Ups
        BW xAMAP

STRetching
        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

I just wish my knees would hold up to running.
          I too am old. Had my first really achy knee squat workout Wednesday. I don't relish that feeling. Then again, I hate running lol.

Comment

Haha, I hate it too but it is much easier to zone out and just get it done.

Bench
            215- 5,5,4,4,3

Bulgarian Split Squats
            BW- a few

STRETCHinggggggg
            2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Haha, I hate it too but it is much easier to zone out and just get it done.

Bench
              215- 5,5,4,4,3

Bulgarian Split Squats
              BW- a few

STRETCHinggggggg
              Fair. I like a little variety. How are you feeling the training program is going for you? It looks like you're keeping strength across the 5*5 ok

Comment

Originally posted by Ganggreen View Post

Fair. I like a little variety. How are you feeling the training program is going for you? It looks like you're keeping strength across the 5*5 ok
                I’m liking it quite a bit right now, very happy with my bench improvements so far. I’m definitely wishing I had more weight so I could do deads though.
                2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Pull downs
                  85- 10, 10, 10

Strict Rows
                  130- 8,8,8

Assisted Pull Ups

Stretching
                  2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Bench
                    215- 5,5,5,4,3

Knee has been causing me some issues lately and I think my calf muscle is compensating, as it has been constantly tight, almost like a mild cramp, and sore as fuck for a few days. No splits squats today.
                    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Forgot to log workouts last week, whoops

Bench
                      Last week- 215- 5,5,5,5,4
                      This week- 220 (was in a fog and accidentally threw the 2.5s on as well, haha)- 5,5,5,5,5

Going to stick at 220 for at least another week as the last rep was a grinder and within the range of RPE that I should have called it quits prior to getting to. Very happy with the fact that I accidentally threw on more weight and still beat my previous performance. I’m sure my body isn’t as taxed as normal, given the lack of deads and squats on my CNS (although I am still currently doing higher rep rows and pull ups) which is probably helping with the improved performance on bench, but I’m still very happy with the progress this far. Shooting for 245- 5x5 by the end of the year.
                      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Did a lot of banded pull ups and face pulls wed, ended with 5 sets of AMAP scap retr/bottom 1/4 pull ups.

Today
                        Standing OH Press
                        (130 is the max I can hit with plates. When I bench I strap 45lb dumbells to the bar with some chains and use the flat edge of my 25lb plate to hold them in place. That is stable enough for bench, which is pretty locked in place, but I’m not comfortable enough to do that overhead, haha)
                        130- 12,12,6 (realized I was pushing these too hard for what I was intending so I backed off a lot on the last set)

DB Heavy Partial Side Raises
                        45- 5,5

DB full side raise w/hold
                        20-5

Broomstick stretches
                        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Stupid ego. Oh no, I might not get as many reps as pat time, better grind super hard right now to make sure that doesn’t happen.

Bench
                          220- 5,5,5,5 (grinderrrr, shoulda stopped at 3 or 4), 2 (could tell I pushed way too hard in my last set as soon as I picked up the bar)

Broomstick stretches
                          2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Working...
                          X