No announcement yet.

Getting Less Weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to do my stairmaster first today to help warm up my legs......

Stairmaster
    10 mins level 10

Squats
    265- 5,5,5,5,4 (these felt really solid today)
    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Pretty happy with how I’m feeling right now. I’ve been able to beat the piss out of my quads on a tennis ball lately, which has made my legs feel really good throughout the day and made squats more comfortable.

Really enjoyed the pre-weights cardio the other day so I opted for that again.

Stairmaster
      Level 8- 10 mins

Squats
      215- 5x4

Bench
      150- 5x4
      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Fucked up my deads and accidentally went 10lbs heavier than I was supposed to. Oh well.

Stairmaster
        Level 8- 12 mins

Deads
        385- 5,5,4,4,3

Hook Grip Acclimation Holds
        225- 10 count
        275- 10 count
        315- hahahaha
        225- 5 count

I need to start remembering to do these on all days, not just dead days. It really sucks having tiny hands (7.5 in from base of palm to tip of middle finger), I can barely reach my fingers over my thumbs for the hook grip. Really hope the big boss lets me stop running the tilt-a-whirl soon and moves me up to a main attraction like the haunted house, then I’ll be able to afford my new teeth!
        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Stairmaster
          Level 8- 10 mins

Bench
          195- 5,5,4,4,3

Hook Grip Holds
          5 sec holds- 225, 275, 325, 345 (lasted about 2)

Dry Sauna
          10 mins
          2010 NPC North Star

Comment

How are you liking your current programming as far as just the one movement per day?
            My greatest opponent is myself. Every time I walk into the gym, I have to beat the person I was before!

Comment

• Macho Man
              Macho Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Really liking the simplicity of it!!

Stairmaster
            Level 10- 8 mins

Skwats
            275- 5,5,4,4,3

Dry Sauna
            12 mins

Wasn’t feeling squats at all today when I walked in the gym. Everything felt tight, weak, and off through my first three sets. The last two sets, while lower in reps and clearly showing signs of weakness and fatigue from the workout, felt phen-fucking-nominal. Very odd, but very good way to end a workout!

Seeing a sports chiro on Thurs to help me beat the piss out of the right side of my neck/trap and hopefully give my IT band a run for its money. The neck issues I have had since high school (results of several “stingers” to that side of the neck) and feel like thick guitar strings under the skin, I have pretty much given up on resolving those on my own after years of trying. The IT bands have me frazzled lately though. I’ll beat the piss out of them on a tennis ball, find a couple terrible trigger points and let it rest, then feel wonderfully mobile for several hours afterwards. Then I wake up the next day and it is like I didn’t put in any work on them at all and they are sore and tight as shit all over again. Shit fuck.
            2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Numbers are improving, very happy to see that.

Stairmaster
              Level 10- 10 mins

Bench
              195- 5,5,5,5,5

Hook Grip Holds
              225- 10 count
              275- 5 count
              325- 5 count
              395- nope
              2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Stairmaster
                Level 10- 10 mins

Deads
                385- 5,5,5,5,5

Used hook grip during warm ups, was able to get a rep at 365 with it.

These felt faaaaaaaaantastic. Really happy with how the weights are progressing/feeling right now!!
                2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Good workout last night

Squats ([email protected]%)

Bench ([email protected]%)

My intra-workout is a bit grainy and I got a chunk stuck in my throat last night, causing me to cough. That was fun.
                  2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                    Seeing a sports chiro on Thurs to help me beat the piss out of the right side of my neck/trap and hopefully give my IT band a run for its money.
                    I started seeing a sports chiro for the first time ever this year. He said he couldn't even believe how tight the fascia of my Quads were. He does Graston once a week and it's some of the worst pain I've ever felt. When he's done it looks like I've been in a car accident but damn if my legs aren't growing for the first time in years.

Comment

It's good to see you posting! Is your 5x5 program based on stronglifts principles? Is it something you can run long term?
                      Last edited by phoenix13; 04-07-2020, 01:51 PM.
                      2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                      2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                      2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                      2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                      2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                      2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Working...
                      X