70 x 12
    70 x 12

9. 1 arm db curl -45 degree
    20 x 12
    20 x 10

10. DB hammer curls
    20 x 10
    20 x 10

Another good session today. Starting to get use to the TUT and concentration it takes to feel each rep from the start.
    Still have not decided what I am going to do as far as the skipload. I prefer to keep it on Sunday so think I am going to try to moving it up a few hours in the day so I am not so full when I go to bed and hopefully give it more time to process and want be as "hungover" feeling on Monday. If this doesnt work then I will have to just move it to Saturday.
    My greatest opponent is myself. Every time I walk into the gym, I have to beat the person I was before!

Comment

• 6/20 - off

Off day today. Going to do another 23ish hour fast. Plan to take the fiance out to eat tonight so will break the fast with that meal. Still just playing around with some things to see how I respond.
      My weight is actually up a little bit this morning. I am holding a good bit of water for some reason. I could tell it yesterday evening and thought I may shed it by this morning but no bueno.

I upped my glutamine intake over the past few days and have added creatine to my intra-workout the past 4-6 training days so assume this might be the culprit.
      My problem is I want everything to be in a vacuum, in that I get super aggravated by scale weight. Even knowing and understanding that my diet has been on point that it is in no way fat gain, it still just fucks with my ocd.

As far as Skipload, decided that I am going to try moving it up earlier in the day tomorrow. Plan to stop eating skiploading foods around 3pm. Probably have one regular meal before and after the skipload. Should give me a full 6 or so hours post-skipload of being awake and moving and hopefully take care of the "hangover" that I have been experiencing the past 2 Mondays.

As usual, always open to any suggestions or criticism.
      Hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend.
      My greatest opponent is myself. Every time I walk into the gym, I have to beat the person I was before!

Comment

• Originally posted by johndylan15 View Post
        6/20 - off

Off day today. Going to do another 23ish hour fast. Plan to take the fiance out to eat tonight so will break the fast with that meal. Still just playing around with some things to see how I respond.
        My weight is actually up a little bit this morning. I am holding a good bit of water for some reason. I could tell it yesterday evening and thought I may shed it by this morning but no bueno.

I upped my glutamine intake over the past few days and have added creatine to my intra-workout the past 4-6 training days so assume this might be the culprit.
        My problem is I want everything to be in a vacuum, in that I get super aggravated by scale weight. Even knowing and understanding that my diet has been on point that it is in no way fat gain, it still just fucks with my ocd.

As far as Skipload, decided that I am going to try moving it up earlier in the day tomorrow. Plan to stop eating skiploading foods around 3pm. Probably have one regular meal before and after the skipload. Should give me a full 6 or so hours post-skipload of being awake and moving and hopefully take care of the "hangover" that I have been experiencing the past 2 Mondays.

As usual, always open to any suggestions or criticism.
        Hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend.
        Interesting to see other perspectives on the skipload end time. I always liked ending at bed or I'd get cravings for more food.

I'm with you on scale weight fucking with your head. It shouldn't matter, but somehow it just...does. I find myself falling into really bad habits or subconsciously manipulating water when I start thinking about it too much. Sometimes it helps to only take one weight a week, but other times that just increases the stress. Ive started logging daily weight but trying to disassociate from considering it anything other than a data point for getting a rolling average weight over a week or so

Comment

• 6/22- Calve/Back/Chest/Traps

1.Mach LP Calve
          120 x 25
          120 x 20
          120 x 15

2. 1 arm Lat Pulldown
          60 x 12
          60 x 12
          60 x 9

3. CS T-Bar Rows
          1p+35 x 12
          1p+35 x 12
          1p+35 x 10

4. DB Row
          65 x 12
          65 x 12
          65 x 10

5. CG Cable Row
          120 x 12
          120 x 12
          120 x 12

6. Pec Dec
          110 x 12
          110 x 12
          110 x 11

7. Decline DB
          60 x 12
          60 x 12
          60 x 9

8. Precor Incline
          1pl+25ps x 12, 12, 9

9. DB Shrugs
          65 x 12,12,12

Skiploaded yesterday. Moved it a little earlier in the day but not as early as I wanted. Regardless, did not have the "carb hangover" feeling this morning or at least not near as bad. I was still very full when I went to bed which makes for me not sleeping so great but one thing at a time.
          Solid session today.

Comment

• Nice. Good to see moving it up worked. Anything particularly good?

Comment

• johndylan15
              johndylan15 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nah not really man. My Skiploads are fairly boring. Generally have carb and moderate fat meals to start it off (subway, sushi, gourmet burger, brunch) then will transition to more processed carbs and lower fats. Will have some cookies, poptarts, candy or whatever I was craving or wanting earlier in the week.

• 6/23 - Calve/Legs/Abs

1a. Seated Calve
            2p x 17, 15, 13

1b. Band Crunch
            15, 15, 17

2. Leg Extensions
            120 x 15
            120 x 15
            120 x 13

3. Leg Press 3/1/0/0
            2p+25ps x 15
            2p+25ps x 13
            2p+25ps x 12

4. DB Split Squats
            55 x 15
            55 x 15
            55 x 15

5. BB Glute Ext
            135 x 12
            135 x 9
            135 x 8

6. Lying Leg Curl 3/1/0/1
            50 x 15
            50 x 14
            50 x 10

7. HLR
            14, 10, 7

Another good session. Mind-muscle connection is better than I have ever had. Eager to see how/if this makes in noticeable physique changes over time.
            Going to add in 1-2 HIT sessions starting this week. This is more because I want to and feel as if my recovery is good enough to allow it. Going to be very short sessions.

Wednesdays will be Battle Ropes. 5 Rounds: 15s work - 45s rest.
            Saturdays will be stationary bike: High Resistance 5 Rounds: 15s work to 45s rest

Will see how I respond to them and adjust as needed.

Comment

• 6/24 - off
              5 round of battle ropes. 15s work to 45s rest
              45 minute walk with dogs

6/25- Calve/chest/back/traps

1. Mach LP Calve (DC set)
              140 x 20

2. Cable X's
              40 x 12
              40 x 12
              40 x 9

3. Low Incline BB
              165 x 12
              165 x 9
              165 x 8

4. DB Bench
              65 x 10
              65 x 9
              65 x 7

5. Rack Chins
              +10 x 12
              +10 x 8
              bw x 9

6. BB Row- more upright stance, lat focused
              135 x 12
              135 x 10
              135 x 9

7. WG Pulldown - mid back focus
              120 x 12
              120 x 10
              120 x 9

8. DB Pullover
              50 x 12
              50 x 12
              50 x 10

Ran out of time, woke up about 20 minutes late (forgot to set alarm) so will do traps this afternoon.
              I am really enjoying the TUT focus. It is definitely a huge hit to the ego but damn it feels good.

Interested to see how I respond to the HIT sessions. They are super short so just wonder how much of an overall impact it will have. Time will tell.

Also got a whoop band 2-3 weeks ago. Still figuring it out. It tracks your HRV (heart rate variability) which is found to play a large role in recovery. Previously used a Fitbit but it stopped working so decided to give this a shot. I like it so far.

Comment

• HIT is interesting. I found it to be pretty effective but very draining if you're also doing a high intensity program. May be well suited to a TUT based program though

Comment

• johndylan15
                  johndylan15 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I have never experimented with it too much and never had it programmed in as far as weekly basis so interested to see how it goes. I am using my whoop band to track my recovery and obviously other factors. Given how few rounds I am doing and work to rest ratio, I am hoping it does not affect my overall recovery but only time will tell.

• 6/26- Calve/Delts/Arms

1. Smith Calve - 5s contraction
                155 x 17, 11, 10

2. High Incline Smith
                155 x 12
                155 x 12
                155 x 9

3. Laterals
                20 x 13
                20 x 10
                20 x 9

4. Reverse Pec Dec
                50 x 15
                50 x 15
                50 x 13

5. Incline DB Skulls
                30 x 12
                30 x 12
                30 x 1

6. V-Bar PD
                100 x 12
                100 x 12
                100 x 10

7. Dips
                bw x 12
                bw x 10
                bw x 8

8. EZ Bar Curl
                70 x 12
                70 x 10
                70 x 8

9. 1 arm preachers
                20 x 12
                20 x 10
                20 x 7

10. DB Hammer Curls
                20 x 12
                20 x 11
                20 x 10

It was another solid session. Training has been going pretty well over the past 3 weeks.

Weight was up this morning and I will just say that at this point I am frustrated as fuck by this. I know this is not fat gain but I do not know what it is. Maybe I just need to throw the fucking scale out. I am not willing to lower cals any more than I have, as they are already low. I am not sure if I have had calories too low for too long and need to up them for a time or what the hell I need to do at this point. Gong to stay the course with the 2 added short HIT sessions per week, that I just started this week and see where I am come Sunday. I may skip or shorten skipload, I just dont know that less food is the answer at this point.
                I am pissed off and frustrated but will get it sorted out, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Hope everyone is doing well and have a great friday.

Comment

• It's just water brother. You sound like you're living inside my brain. Ignore the scale as an emotional set point. It's just a data point. Divorce any feeling toward the actual number.

Easier said than done, but I'm far more successful when I do

Comment

• johndylan15
                    johndylan15 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am definitely in my own head about. I know I am so I am going to quit taking a daily weight. I am going to only record it 1-2x per week going forward. I am going to drive myself insane if I dont quit focusing on it so much.

• 6/29- Calve/Bac/Chest/Traps

1. Mach LP Calve
                  130 x 23, 18, 14

2. 1 arm Lat pulldown
                  60 x 12
                  60 x 12
                  60 x 9

3. CS T-Bar Rows
                  2p x 12
                  2p x 12
                  2p x 12

4. DB Rows
                  70 x 12
                  70 x 12
                  70 x 11

5. CG Cable Row
                  130 x 12
                  130 x 12
                  130 x 11

6. Pec Dec
                  115 x 12
                  115 x 12
                  115 x 12

7. Decline DB
                  65 x 12
                  65 x 10
                  65 x 9

8. Precor Incline
                  1p+35ps x 12
                  1p+35ps x 10
                  ​​​​​​​1p+35ps x 10

9. DB Shrugs
                  70 x 12
                  70 x 12
                  70 x 12

6/30 - Calve/Legs/Abs

1a. Seated Calve
                  2pl+10 x 16, 14, 12

1b. Band Crunch
                  15, 15, 20

2. Leg Press 3/1/1/0
                  2p+35ps x 15
                  ​​​​​​​2p+35ps x 15
                  ​​​​​​​2p+35ps x 13

3. Leg Extensions
                  120 x 15
                  120 x 12
                  120 x 10

4. DB Split Squats
                  60 x 15
                  60 x 15
                  60 x 15

5. BB Glute Ext
                  135 x 13
                  135 x 10
                  135 x 8

6. Lying Leg Curl
                  50 x 15
                  50 x 15
                  50 x 16

7. HLR
                  15, 10, 8

Past 2 days were solid sessions. Getting away from focusing so much on scale weight as it is completely fucking with me even when I know its just water fluctuations. Will monitor weight a couple times per week but just going to worry about hitting my macros.

Comment

• does this still work for emojis??

Edit: it does

Also: fuck I miss leg press lol

Comment

• 7/2 - Calve/Chest/Back/Traps

1. Mach LP Calve (DC Set)
                      160 x 18

2. Cable Xs
                      50 x 12
                      50 x 9
                      40 x 12

3. Low Incline BB - 2/1/0/0
                      175 x 11
                      175 x 8
                      165 x 7

4. DB Bench 2/1/0/1
                      65 x 11
                      65 x 9
                      65 x 8

5. Rack Chins
                      +10 x 12
                      +10 x 9
                      +10 x 7

6. Smith BB Row - lat focus
                      145 x 12
                      145 x 12
                      145 x 12

7. WG Pulldowns
                      130 x 11
                      130 x 9
                      120 x 10

8. DB Pullover
                      55 x12
                      55 x 10
                      55 x 9

Good overall session. May look at swapping Incline BB out for DB, not for sure yet.

Dietwise -I have quit weighing myself every day and quit recording every single meal/macro, as I have done for the past 6 months. I am still eating the same but think my obsession with the numbers has become a problem so I am still weighing my foods and keeping mental notes of macros, just not logging every single macro into an app.
                      I have switched out my main carb source to sweet potatoes vs rice cake or organic bread/tortilla.

One interesting and positive aspect is my morning fasting blood glucose levels have dropped significantly this week and I am not sure why. Prior weeks, it was on the higher end of where I wanted it, around 95mg/dl. I have tested it twice this week and both reading have been in the 70's which I am pretty damn happy about. I will continue to monitor it in the coming weeks to be sure its not a anomaly of sorts.

Also I understand that there is quite a bit of variation when it comes to glucose monitors and their accuracy but I checked it every day for 3 weeks and the average came out to 95 over those weeks. I then quit checking for 7-10 days and started checking again this week.

As far as the why, I am not sure. I added in a couple super short HIT sessions, quit obsessing over number and as mentioned above, switched my main carb source so not sure what the main factor is or just a combination of them all.

Off work today so going to hit delts/arms in a little while.
                      I hope all is well.

Comment

• Blood glucose and insulin seem to be the biggest things with the top nutrition coaches these days. It'll be interesting to see how that affects your body comp

Comment

Working...
                        X