DC Journey to the stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bill2 View Post
    Hey bro I use Dorian Yates 3 way split at the moment with good results!! No rest pause reps though.. just a top set plus a back off set on each exercise..so is push -pull-arms-legs training 5 times weekly .. I really like this kind of training concept ala DC , Dorian Yates , Jordan peters style beating the log book etc..

you really influence me as far as keeping 3-4 sec negatives.. keeping form intact .. and as far as exercises selection and execution

so keep up..! Really nice log!

can you post a day of eating for you vs a non training day with amounts.. macros .. etc..?
    judjging by your older posts you after using a relatively low cal diet for gaining mass right?
    Thanks for the kind words man, i really appreciate it. Yes right now my cals are low since we are cruising food wise but we will be making a big push in the next couple weeks to come. I dont know the macros off the top of my head, i just go by my food plan, but here's what it looks like right now

Training Day:
    M1: 12 oz egg whites, 2 slices ezekial toast
    M2: 6.5oz chicken 200g of rice
    M3: 6.5oz chicken 200g of rice
    M4: 7oz chicken 150g rice
    M5: 7oz of lean beef & greens (usually its green beans or chopped salad)
    M6 12oz egg whites & greens

Rest Days:
    M1. 12oz egg whites 2 slices ezekial toast
    M2: 6.5oz chicken 150g rice
    M3: 6.5oz chicken 100g rice
    M4: 7oz chicken & greens
    M5: 7oz lean beef & Greens
    M6: 12oz egg whites & greens

Comment

Well my attempt to be more active on here has failed as its been almost 2 weeks since my last log entry. To be honest like most of you on here there isn't a whole lot of variety in my day. My training day meals are always the same, my rest day meals are always the same. and i'm still progressing on most of my lifts. I am wondering if i am getting to a point where i take a rest, I have been locked in on another level for the past few months which has been awesome, but i missed 2 top sets over the past couple weeks. The first was on the hacks... That set really pissed me off and i have been stewing over it ever since. Luckily Sunday is the day of retribution.!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kcburrows24 View Post
        Well my attempt to be more active on here has failed as its been almost 2 weeks since my last log entry. To be honest like most of you on here there isn't a whole lot of variety in my day. My training day meals are always the same, my rest day meals are always the same. and i'm still progressing on most of my lifts. I am wondering if i am getting to a point where i take a rest, I have been locked in on another level for the past few months which has been awesome, but i missed 2 top sets over the past couple weeks. The first was on the hacks... That set really pissed me off and i have been stewing over it ever since. Luckily Sunday is the day of retribution.!!
        Hey bro if performance is some kind of down I would definitely take a deload bro.. 1-2 weeks ( better 2 weeks )
        to rest and let the inflammation go down..

I take a deload every 6-8weeks.. and definitely feeling it when the blast lasts over the 6 week blast!

Comment

• Kcburrows24
          Kcburrows24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks man! Yeah it’s been way past that for me. I’m stubborn and always am worried I’ll lose traction but I’m trying to be smarter this time around.

Redemption set:
        I finally got my redemption on the hack squats. That set meant the world to me as I posted on IG. I missed on my 6th rep last time around, and it’s ate at me ever since. Sunday I finally had the chance to get even and absolutely demolished it for 9, which has taught me a valuable lesson... the power of mental focus.

I’m not one of these guys that can go in the gym and not talk to anyone and stay mad and angry all session, not that there is anything wrong with that, it’s just not me. I am the type to cut up and have fun and as soon as the set starts it all business. Once it’s done I can go back to chatting. Maybe that’s been a detriment to my physique, I don’t know. But I know that I was 100% focused on that back squat set Sunday. I still talked to my training partner as we warmed up and started out calf movement but once that was over it was headphones on and pure focus. The result was clear as I got 4 more reps than last time. I don’t think the lack of focus is while I missed before, but looking back maybe it wasn’t as high as it should have been. So o think I’m going to switch it up a bit and try and bring that level of focus to the next few workouts. Personally it’s not as much fun to be in my head that much, but it’s even worse if I am leaving reps on the table. So I’ll give it a shot and we’ll see where we end up

Comment

Sitting here watching NPC Nationals, really is motivating, but also brings a fresh mindset. I will bust my tail, but i also am pretty realistic when it comes to my bodybuilding goals. I dont have dreams and aspirations of making it to a pro or olympia stage, as my age and genetics have determined that, but for me to make it to a nationals stage would be my Olympia. To stand with some of the best. I follow most of the open class guys on social and seeing a lot of them on stage, i'm cheering for everyone. Everyone that has busted their tail to get to that point. From the mondaine tasks day in and day out, to the discipline... everything done in darkness to be able to present on this stage here.... it makes me wonder.

For someone like me seeing these guys up there on the stage I ultimately want to be at brings about a sense of appreciation but also i wonder what they feel? Do they feel like they've arrived? Was there a specific point at which they could pinpoint and say 'yes i made it'. or was it a gradual build that snuck up on them? for any of the guys on here that have made it, i'd love to know your thoughts and experiences. What does 'made it' feel like?

Comment

I had an awesome weekend of training, hitting both Legs and Push days. I was feeling very good and strong for the first time in a while on a push day and obliterated my previous numbers which was a nice little boost for me. Legs are still pretty wrecked from Saturday's training session. RDL's and the hammer strength leg press did me in.

Now that i have been training DC style for over a year now, i have an added appreciation for these tops guys and what they bring to the table session after session. What i mean by that is weight is subjective, which i definitely understand, but regardless of the weight, you reach a point in your programming if done right where a set or two takes your soul. The first real understanding of this was the hammer strength leg press (the one where you scoot the seat real close) after finding my working weights the proceeding workouts and sets were tough, but i knew i could do it. 2 attempts ago i hit a weight that i wasnt quite sure i could get, but proceeded to push through. for this particular exercise we finish with 2 sets of 20. I hit the first one and it was painful but the second one i really had to take myself to that dark place ive heard people talk about. it was more emotion than i had previously experienced with a set but i completed it with the 20th rep taking the absolute last bit of energy and strength i had. When i recovered it was a feeling of ecstasy mixed with the dread that next week i had to do it again but heavier.And that is the beauty of DC training... you're reborn each workout because you have to dig to a level that was previously unknown! That's where growth is done! Now lets get HOOOOGE

Comment

Working...
            X