No announcement yet.

DC Journey to the stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to have you back. Its always good and maybe even necessary to step back and unplug from time to time.
    Looking forward to seeing how you respond to the change in macros.
    My greatest opponent is myself. Every time I walk into the gym, I have to beat the person I was before!

Comment

Interesting macros that's some high protein to the rest of the macros. Any particular reason?

Comment

• Kcburrows24
        Kcburrows24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Its extremely high, compared to what i was used to. There was a couple different reasons, for 1, I know people respond differently and I know it was a big "fad" so to speak with Aceto, Nicholls, and some of the other top coaches back in the day, so i was curious how i'd respond to it. So the only way to know is to try it. My other train of thought is I know Dante was a big proponent of High protein amounts, and pounding a lot of food in general. I'm too fat currently to just pound an insane amount of carbs and cals, so the thought is to see how I respond with the high protein consumption, while recomping, and if its something my body can digest and i handle well, once my bodyfat is better under control, i can slowly add in carbs and work my way up to higher cals without the fear of my body not utilizing them and just adding additional bodyfat. All in all though it was more curiosity more than anything

What was your previous macros brother?
      Bu the way keep up the good work!
      Great log!

Comment

• Kcburrows24
        Kcburrows24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks brother, I really appreciate it! previously I was 265 protein, 200 carbs, and 40 fats. so its an increase in cals but so far the response hasnt been too bad. I dropped a few lbs the first week which is probably just water and glycogen but i'll stay diligent and see where it takes us.

Originally posted by johndylan15 View Post
      Good to have you back. Its always good and maybe even necessary to step back and unplug from time to time.
      Looking forward to seeing how you respond to the change in macros.
      Thanks brother... I appreciate the support

Comment

It's been a little over a week on the new diet. As expected, not too much change. Down a few pounds which i assume is just water and glycogen with the drop in carbs. I've also started incorporating a GDA since insulin sensitivity is something I wanted to keep an eye on. Right now, my fasted bg is sitting around 94. Not great, but also not too terrible either. Cardio has been pretty much non existent, and that will begin again. Nothing too major, just 30 min LISS session in the morning. I am wanting to slowly incorporate more things just off observation to see how everything is affected.

In the past I would typically start off throwing everything in all at once and keeping it that way. And i would get results but i have never truly knew or understood how thing affect me generally speaking. I was able to increase my lifts again against the log book, so that was a victory. We'll continue to just focus on having one perfect day at a time!

Comment

Great Push Session yesterday. I was ridin solo, so I was able to push the pace a bit. I switched gyms a couple months back, and with that i switched up some of the exercises due to lack of availability, but yesterday I was back in LA Fitness, and able to return to some of the originals and see where my strength was... still wasnt quite where i was when i left off but it was still fun and got to work on some of the mental ques I've been working on which seemed to help quite a bit. Here;s what my day yesterday looked like:

Incline Hammer Press 11-15 RP + hold at the end
          Decline Hammer Press 3x10 (Not in my log book, but i love this machine and wanted to use it)
          Incline seated cable flyes 1x20 (2 sec hold at stretch and top of movement)
          Chest stretch
          Seated smith military press 11-15 RP + hold
          Lat raise machine Tri-fucta
          Shoulder stretch
          Dead stop skull crushers 30 RP
          tricep pushdown machine 30 RP
          tricep stretch

Comment

With those macros you were able to gain brother..? Seems some kind of low Cals to me

Comment

• Kcburrows24
              Kcburrows24 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was a little bit. I was coming off of a prep when i started those. I made the mistake of wanting to rush to the stage, so most of last year was in the sub 1800 cals with under 80g of carbs for basically 9 months, with a decent part even lower than that in an effort to get a ton of bodyfat off in time. So naturally i made some gains when my cals increased. most importantly my strength increased quite a bit.

Looking good. I'd be dead on DC with those macros. On the other handIhand, that's about where I need to be to drop weight too. interesting to see everyone's different approaches.

Comment

• Kcburrows24
              Kcburrows24 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree. I love seeing peoples approaches and how it affects everyone. I find it fascinating, especially at the top level. It's crazy to see how radically different some of these coaches think yet all their guys come in all looking great.

What r u trying to do doing the 20 rep peck deck after your main chest movement and also the shoulder tri-fucta after your main shoulder movement?
            And how you approach -progress those exersices as far as reps and wheight..?

Comment

Yeah really wild to see someone like Justin Harris's approach. Frankly with that many carbs and that little fat, I'm a bloated fucking mess on high days, which he usually prescribes for squats/deads.

Sometimes I'd be half asleep if my insulin sensitivity was off. Always, I could barely get my belt on or get to depth lmao. But hey it works for him and Ben Pollack and they're both fucking beasts

Comment

Working...
              X